Gonzaga Basketball 2021-22

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm kinda rooting for Providence and the Peacocks now that the Zags are out. But I do have Kansas winning one of my brackets this year.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If you go through the last 5-10 Zags teams, this was one of their weakest. Timme was the only guy who could consistently get a basket. Holmgren is still really raw and probably better suited for the NBA. Between Strawther, Sallis, Hickman and to an extent Nembhart, Zags got nothing from their perimeter guys.

The tourney is a guards game. That’s why Zags bowed out early. Same with Purdue. You can only throw it into your big man so much, and when you do the other four guys just sit around and watch. When a guard has the ball, the entire offense can flow.

As a UW fan, I’ve heard Hickman is strongly considering transferring to UW. He looked pretty disinterested in the tourney games.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Feel bad for Timme. Nobody else showed up in this years tourney. Not even Chet. Chet should stay another year this years tourney hurt his draft stock. Nembhard has terrible shooting mechanics. 2 for 12 against Arkansas. Yeah this team was not as good as the last couple years...not even close. Gonzaga Timme's.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Feel bad for Timme. Nobody else showed up in this years tourney. Not even Chet. Chet should stay another year this years tourney hurt his draft stock. Nembhard has terrible shooting mechanics. 2 for 12 against Arkansas. Yeah this team was not as good as the last couple years...not even close. Gonzaga Timme's.

He is going to be a top 5 pick, he’s going to the NBA. Guys don’t pass up guaranteed money. I actually think his game is better suited in the NBA than college.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yeah, Chet is gone. From what I am reading Timme most likely is too. Haven't heard any rumors about Hickman leaving though. Nor did I notice him being disinterested but I wasn't really looking either. Next years roster will look quite different with a much more guard oriented team. Very young but will still have a lot of talent.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah, Chet is gone. From what I am reading Timme most likely is too. Haven't heard any rumors about Hickman leaving though. Nor did I notice him being disinterested but I wasn't really looking either. Next years roster will look quite different with a much more guard oriented team. Very young but will still have a lot of talent.
I think there is a decent chance Timme is back, he can make a lot of money on NIL deals. Don't think he plays in the NBA but can definitely make some money playing overseas.

I've heard there is a strong possibility Strawther transfers to UW. He will test NBA, if he doesn't, expect him to come to UW. I've also heard Hickman will likely leave Gonzaga, UW is also a possible destination for him.

Zags will hit the portal hard but they have a lot of work to do.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Strawther gone too huh? I find that unlikely as he started here all year. UW isn't exactly a destination team at this point either. Who exactly would be his connection on UW that would cause him to be considering this? Was he even recruited by UW? I'm no insider but I have heard nothing of such rumors. As far as Timme goes, staying would make sense as he isn't NBA bound but he may just feel its time. The word is that he is gone as well as Nembhard and Rasir Bolton.
Which I think also makes Hickman leaving pretty unlikely but again I know nothing I am speaking purely on what I think is likely.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Strawther gone too huh? I find that unlikely as he started here all year. UW isn't exactly a destination team at this point either. Who exactly would be his connection on UW that would cause him to be considering this? Was he even recruited by UW? I'm no insider but I have heard nothing of such rumors. As far as Timme goes, staying would make sense as he isn't NBA bound but he may just feel its time. The word is that he is gone as well as Nembhard and Rasir Bolton.
Which I think also makes Hickman leaving pretty unlikely but again I know nothing I am speaking purely on what I think is likely.

The connection is Quincy Pondexter. He is the assistant at UW, he has mentored Strawther and was his AAU coach. Strawther highly considered UW out of HS but ended up choosing Zags. At the time Pondexter was not an assistant at UW.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Timme should get his head start on his Chinese ball career. Chet is definitely gone as a lottery. Hopefully next year we have some shooters, jesus.

Threedee

Reaction score
I have to hand it to the coach of Villanova. He is in a very similar position as Mark Few, but, has managed to come away with two national titles, and is back in the Final Four.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I have to hand it to the coach of Villanova. He is in a very similar position as Mark Few, but, has managed to come away with two national titles, and is back in the Final Four.
He is an elite coach. He has made Nova a powerhouse. He's basically done what Few has but has actually won national championships. Will be a tough game today without one of their best players. But yeah, impressive what Jay Wright has done there.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
The connection is Quincy Pondexter. He is the assistant at UW, he has mentored Strawther and was his AAU coach. Strawther highly considered UW out of HS but ended up choosing Zags. At the time Pondexter was not an assistant at UW.
Yea unless your in the know im calling BS. Lol.

The only person who is thinking of transferring is Sallis per a source if he is not a starter next yr. That is from a guy who was a dr for the team for many years. Hickman and Strawther, he has not heard of leaving.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yea unless your in the know im calling BS. Lol.

The only person who is thinking of transferring is Sallis per a source if he is not a starter next yr. That is from a guy who was a dr for the team for many years. Hickman and Strawther, he has not heard of leaving.
I am getting this info from a guy who knows a guy close to the hoops scene in Seattle. It's all very fluid. Last I heard, Strawther is likely to stay, and almost a given Hickman will stay since Zags missed out on Anthony Black. But the connection between Pondexter and Strawther is legit.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I am getting this info from a guy who knows a guy close to the hoops scene in Seattle. It's all very fluid. Last I heard, Strawther is likely to stay, and almost a given Hickman will stay since Zags missed out on Anthony Black. But the connection between Pondexter and Strawther is legit.
I am not saying it is not legit but they were not leaving even if they were bitching about whatever after that poor loss. Inside info helps.