Going to be hard to keep Bennett after this season

seabowl

Reaction score
Clem re-structure and bye bye Agril. Problem solved.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Agril a new signee that I'm not aware of? No seriously, Avril has been just as good. Figure out a way to keep all three rushers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bennett likes it here, he will get paid well, he knows disfunctional franchises already being here with Ruskell and then in Tampa.

Seafan

Reaction score
If he likes Florida I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus snagging him. I hope the Hawks can sign him long term. Time for Red to re-do his contract.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Will worry about after the superbowl. He may decide he likes playing for a champion.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Bye bye Red Bryant in my opinion. Gotta keep the guys that can sack the QB

themunn

Reaction score
Bennett said this is the place he wanted to be, we'll find a way to keep him.
Clemons is 32 next month, Bryant will be 30 next year. Bennett has a few years on both and is playing lights out. I'd rather keep Bennett and Avril over Clem and Bryant. Though obviously I'd rather keep all 4

seabowl

Reaction score
OLYhawks":xtb7muf7 said:
Agril a new signee that I'm not aware of? No seriously, Avril has been just as good. Figure out a way to keep all three rushers.

Not sure what you are watching but Bennett is in on a ton of plays. Avril has been ok but not even close to what Bennett has shown.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Clemons , Miller and Bryant will get pay cuts.

Browner and Sidney Rice will be cut.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
seabowl":1qgurh5y said:
OLYhawks":1qgurh5y said:

Not sure what you are watching but Bennett is in on a ton of plays. Avril has been ok but not even close to what Bennett has shown.

FYI, Avril is #56. Watch the tape. You'll see a ton of him as well. Not discrediting Bennett at all, I just think both he and Avril are playing up to their expectations thus far and both should be resigned.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Clemons and Bryant are expendable

Bennett is doing all of this with a partial torn rotator cuff.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cxnqt4l said:
Will worry about after the superbowl. He may decide he likes playing for a champion.

Exactly. Not going to pollute this Championship Season with those types of 'worries'.

FnkyCold

Reaction score
Bennett should be a priority. Our D line is ridiculous this year.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I love Bennett. Anybody else realize his brother is Martellus on the Bears. Or am I the only one late to the party? Bring your brother to the PNW, big Mike!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Clemons probably won't restructure , I see the Seahawks retaining Schoefield and cutting Clem.

Seahawks will let Avril finish out his contract, he's looked great in that Raheem Brock role.

The team will only keep 1 of Browner or Thurmond.

Red Bryant is super valuable, but is health and consistency will determine if he will be kept.

Miller doesn't need to take a paycut after this season as his contract reduces dramatically after this season but Sidney Rice will most likely have to restructure to remain a part of this team.

Bennett will be a Seahawk next year, if he really wants to be, he took less money to come back to Seattle, I don't see the Seahawks breaking out a big contract for a player so close to 30 but like I said if truly wants to be here and be a part of this, he will turn down some money.

Sturm

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":cqvlrj72 said:
Clemons probably won't restructure , I see the Seahawks retaining Schoefield and cutting Clem.

Seahawks will let Avril finish out his contract, he's looked great in that Raheem Brock role.

The team will only keep 1 of Browner or Thurmond.

Red Bryant is super valuable, but is health and consistency will determine if he will be kept.

Miller doesn't need to take a paycut after this season as his contract reduces dramatically after this season but Sidney Rice will most likely have to restructure to remain a part of this team.

Bennett will be a Seahawk next year, if he really wants to be, he took less money to come back to Seattle, I don't see the Seahawks breaking out a big contract for a player so close to 30 but like I said if truly wants to be here and be a part of this, he will turn down some money.

What makes you think they won't be able to keep both Browner and Thurmond?

If they get rid of Rice and restructure Clemons, I think it's doable.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":9erpfmx6 said:
Clemons and Bryant are expendable

Bennett is doing all of this with a partial torn rotator cuff.

THats sort of a concern though, you want to give him a payday and then pray that that doesn't turn into a fully torn rotator cuff that requires season-ending surgery at some point?

just playing devils' advocate. I love bennet. Even if the combination of his creepy, nappy beard and his um...'sexy dance' after a sack makes for a to-catch-a-predator combo. . .