Game Day Forum Format

OpHawk

Reaction score
Change the Game Day format to a single running thread/chat. It’s so much more smooth and efficient. You don’t end up with 7 threads posted within 3 seconds of each other about the same penalty or play. If you’ve never participated in one check out some of the other game day chats on other boards and you’ll probably agree.

chris98251

Reaction score
OpHawk":cek6hncb said:
Change the Game Day format to a single running thread/chat. It’s so much more smooth and efficient. You don’t end up with 7 threads posted within 3 seconds of each other about the same penalty or play. If you’ve never participated in one check out some of the other game day chats on other boards and you’ll probably agree.

No I like ours so we don't have one thread dominated by idiots.

justafan

Reaction score
OpHawk":270jd5ww said:

If I dont like a thread or someone doesnt like mine they dont have to read it. We would have to scan through every post.

Its like the recruiting thread on the college forum. I go other places for information so I dont have to wade through it all.

OP
OP
OpHawk

OpHawk

Reaction score
Yeah good points guys, pick your poison I suppose.

What might be a good option is to post a sticky Game Day Thread within the Game Day Forum. Then members would have a choice that suits their preference, or bounce back and forth. Wouldn’t take much.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
OpHawk":5itz6ee7 said:

Couldn't agree more. There's so many Subject / No Text posts in there, it really is tedious to try and follow. This is the only thing I like about the Webzone. How they manage to police that forum, and keep everyone within the proper subject category is beyond me... It looks like they run with a ton of moderators. But for a game day forum, it sure would be nice just to be able to refresh the same thread.

Oh well, won't happen I'm sure.

seedhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2q746aj9 said:
OpHawk":2q746aj9 said:

No I like ours so we don't have one thread dominated by idiots.

Nope! We have multiple threads started and continued by idiots.

Rat

Reaction score
I like it the way it is. The format allows you to filter topics and keep different discussions going. On those sites where they have a single discussion thread, basically any talk about something that didn't just happen is dead. It's especially better if you jump between different discussion boards during a game.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Why not just add a sticky "gameday thread" to the gameday forum and see if people use it or not?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":3j5qyu5o said:
Couldn't agree more. There's so many Subject / No Text posts in there, it really is tedious to try and follow. This is the only thing I like about the Webzone.

The Webzone operates on the first thread about a player (usually his joining the team) being the main thread into perpetuity.

Certainly, this helps in locating posts for players. You look at the thread starting about them in 2016 and post to the end of it.

Their exception is the gameday thread. Which is as chaotic as any gameday forum, but here you've got posts siphoned off into their Seattle general hate thread, or threads dating to when players were drafted.

The gameday thread there, here or anywhere else is to allow people to basically vent in real time as if it were IRC. It's not really meant to be concordant or to be kept.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
OpHawk":2tzcbyzi said:

Other boards?
I think this one will do for me...until if or when it doesn't.