Frank Clark's Police Report (For Off Field Discussion)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":32bqua37 said:
MysterMatt":32bqua37 said:
Go ring your hands over this all you want, it's a terrible situation made worse by all the sensation that's followed, but kindly leave off with your sanctimonious "as a Seahawks fan...." nonsense. This is your problem as a person and if it puts your "fan" status at risk then feel free to check your card in at the door. The reason you and the media want Clark to bow down on his knees and ask for a second chance is because it makes you feel good, no matter the actual reality of the situation.

:th2thumbs:

I don't think I've ever seen so much sanctimonious BS in one thread before. :les:

Which is weird, because you've been here a long time.

I seem to recall seeing plenty of sanctimonious BS in all the "Marshawn is a thug" threads we had going around a while back.

mikeak

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2j3h9oxh said:
LymonHawk":2j3h9oxh said:
MysterMatt":2j3h9oxh said:
Go ring your hands over this all you want, it's a terrible situation made worse by all the sensation that's followed, but kindly leave off with your sanctimonious "as a Seahawks fan...." nonsense. This is your problem as a person and if it puts your "fan" status at risk then feel free to check your card in at the door. The reason you and the media want Clark to bow down on his knees and ask for a second chance is because it makes you feel good, no matter the actual reality of the situation.

I don't think I've ever seen so much sanctimonious BS in one thread before. :les:

I seem to recall seeing plenty of sanctimonious BS in all the "Marshawn is a thug" threads we had going around a while back.

I saw it in all the Ray Rice, McDonald and Ray Lewis threads.......the only difference is there wasn't a divided opinion

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1lklvl5m said:
What makes you think that you can put words in my mouth? Where did I say this put my fan status at risk?

What makes you think you know ANYTHING about what makes me feel the way I feel? Did I say what you feel? No I said what I feel about others thoughts on this

And on this site don't make personal attacks - I didn't have a problem as a person. I now have a problem with YOU
Take your own advice then and stop accusing people who don't agree wiith you as enablers.[/quote]

There is nothing in what I wrote that was putting words in people's mouth or deflect back on the author of a post saying they were thinking something. I reflected on what that attitude does in society.

If I had written that everyone here justifying Clark is doing so because they must try to justify their own behavior when they get drunk then I would be guilty of such writing and be going against my own advice.

I didn't write that but nice attack on my integrity to deflect from the actul issue at hand. It is a common tactic that works when not called out.

themunn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":18s2gbey said:
Instead, the ONLY thing I'm objecting to is those who are trying to argue that this isn't even a "second chance" by insisting that Clark didn't do anything wrong in the first place. A "second chance" I'm fine with, that he never did anything wrong in the first place so he doesn't even need a "second chance" is just too far me.

I have a whole issue with the way domestic violence is portrayed.

Frank Clark is a big man. If I had bitten him in the nose and thrown several things at him I'd probably be missing a few teeth right now as well as nursing a broken jaw. Somehow that's not as bad as what happened to his girlfriend because I'm a big strapping young man of 6'2 and 200lbs, never mind that Frank Clark beating the shit out of me is no less equivalent to me beating up a 125lb "defenseless" woman - no less defenseless than I would be in the same situation.

It's (minor) assault if anything, plain and simple - an unfortunate incident between two people that lost their temper, and in the situation I think Clark has done very well to compose himself and not knock seven shades out of her - certainly the pictures don't look like the result of someone being "killed" - I've come out of several non-contact sports games in worse shape due to an unfortunate collision or two.

I have a real issue with the incident being presented as domestic violence - as if hitting a woman is somehow worse than hitting a man. If Frank Clark hits anyone he's going to seriously **** up their day, man or woman. At the end of the day I ask myself - if he had done it to a man would I object to it? He was provoked and lost his temper. He did no lasting damage aside from a few scrapes and bruises and probably came out of the altercation in worse shape.

That's why I don't look at it as a second chance, but a non-incident.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":gob4l799 said:
volsunghawk":gob4l799 said:
LymonHawk":gob4l799 said:
MysterMatt":gob4l799 said:

I saw it in all the Ray Rice, McDonald and Ray Lewis threads.......the only difference is there wasn't a divided opinion

It could be because I never gave much attention to the Marshawn, Rice, McDonald, or Lewis, threads.

canfan

Reaction score
My view on this is that the Seahawks have vetted the situation and are comfortable bringing this player into the locker room. What happened in that hotel room? I don't know and I am sure I never will. What I do know is that this player should be and will be on a short leash. The Seahawks have no culpability in whatever his past behavior has been, but they assumed the risk for his future behavior when they drafted him.

It all seems pretty simple to me. He is either a good citizen and teammate like the Seahawks seem to believe and this all goes away or he is a man with issues that can not be tolerated and he gets cut as soon as he crosses the line. End of story and we chalk this up as one of Pete/John's mistakes and move on. Domestic violence is a blight on our society, but the way to address this is not by vilifying any one individual. Our outrage should be reserved for a judicial system that too often treats domestic violence on a par with violating a city ordnance, instead of the serious crime it really is.

TAB420

Reaction score
mikeak":1u8hufgs said:
volsunghawk":1u8hufgs said:
LymonHawk":1u8hufgs said:
MysterMatt":1u8hufgs said:

Looks like you can add Ahmad Brooks to that list.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
mikeak":3116l3w0 said:
MysterMatt":3116l3w0 said:
mikeak":3116l3w0 said:
YES - nail on the head and as a Seahawk fan I agree. The excuses for this incident sickens me even more than the incident itself. It is what enables people to continue hitting women. The fact that excuses are made up and accepted. To say that throwing a remote should have gotten her arrested and it justifies him forcefully restraining her on the bed and to go on from there.

What makes you think that you can put words in my mouth? Where did I say this put my fan status at risk?

What makes you think you know ANYTHING about what makes me feel the way I feel? Did I say what you feel? No I said what I feel about others thoughts on this

And on this site don't make personal attacks - I didn't have a problem as a person. I now have a problem with YOU
The fact that you have a problem with me is not even a little troubling, and your words are what I use to put words in your mouth, and I'm not making a personal attack. Just offering you some options.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1oevc3kt said:
My best buddy has a four year old daughter. He is the kind of guy that won't watch "The Big Bang Theory" when she is around because all the guys are really smart and the lead girl is a hot bimbo.

He is a PSU alum and huge fan and knew all about Clark. As soon as the pic was announced, he uttered "now what the hell do I do?" I think he is strongly considering not rooting for the Seahawks as long as Clark is on the team. I can't go to that extreme, but I understand.

Too funny. Your best buddy won't allow his daughter to watch The Big Bang Theory? How sick is that? What does he think he's protecting her from? In many ways, like life in general(?), she's way smarter than the nerds with the social talents of a mushroom.

I feel sorry for your best buddy's daughter.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3vmhf6tb said:
mikeak":3vmhf6tb said:
MysterMatt":3vmhf6tb said:
mikeak":3vmhf6tb said:
YES - nail on the head and as a Seahawk fan I agree. The excuses for this incident sickens me even more than the incident itself. It is what enables people to continue hitting women. The fact that excuses are made up and accepted. To say that throwing a remote should have gotten her arrested and it justifies him forcefully restraining her on the bed and to go on from there.

The fact that you have a problem with me is not even a little troubling, and your words are what I use to put words in your mouth, and I'm not making a personal attack. Just offering you some options.

Let me just throw in that MMatt, before he met Tiger Mama, was known as the .net slut. I doubt many here have more experience with woman than he has......expect maybe L80. LOL! (Sorry Matt, I just couldn't resist!...I'm sooo weak.) :mrgreen:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The problem is that this is a no win situation.

JS should have never acknowledged it.

He should have made the following statement:

"We picked Frank Clark because he is a tremendous football player and we feel that his addition will help the team. We felt that his talent and ability at that draft slot was too valuable to overlook. We added him to the team and believe that Frank will conduct himself so that he adheres to all that being a Seahawk requires."

The rest of the issues and concerns brought up should have been referred to the above statement. Eventually the concern would have died down because there would have been nothing to fan the flames.

Frankly, the challenge is that Domestic Violence is a legal concern but it is also a completely subjective definition. It is difficult to prove innocence on and in some instances it is difficult to prove guilt. People that should be locked away get away free and people that should be free get locked away. Both sides get angry about the problems they see, and they apply that particular assessment to each new situation.

You cannot win an argument when nobody knows what the definition of the truth really is. So each side digs in and it becomes more about emotion than fact.

The Seahawks needed a contributing player and at the slot, he was a tremendous value. That should have been the company line and they should not have deviated from it.

But you do have to wonder why a profession that glorifies violence is going to be that shocked when people are violent. Football is a violent game where violent people do well. That is fine with me.

And if the NFL was THAT concerned with DV, they should take all the money they are pouring into that stupid campaign and pour it into getting shelters funded and resources to move people from the DV shelters out into productive spaces where they are secure + self supporting. That IS a need, and one that most people can get behind.

mikeak

Reaction score
MysterMatt":9s0ee8j3 said:
mikeak":9s0ee8j3 said:
MysterMatt":9s0ee8j3 said:
mikeak":9s0ee8j3 said:

1) I didn't say what you claimed. You put that there based on something that I don't know what it was. Maybe you confused it with other people

2) All good - there is ignore option on this site so that solves the issue

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
LymonHawk":mdzq8a1a said:
MysterMatt":mdzq8a1a said:
mikeak":mdzq8a1a said:
MysterMatt":mdzq8a1a said:
mikeak said:

Let me just throw in that MMatt, before he met Tiger Mama, was known as the .net slut. I doubt many here have more experience with woman than he has......expect maybe L80. LOL! (Sorry Matt, I just couldn't resist!...I'm sooo weak.) :mrgreen:
Are you sure where L80 is concerned they were actually women?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
LymonHawk":26zae231 said:
Ah, the good ol' days. It's strange to be a slut for just one woman, but Tiger Mama is pretty special in that regard. :179417:

Anyhow, I've no interest in getting too roiled up in personal arguments. Just a few guys made comments that I think are blatantly silly. I understand that we fans are keenly interested in this whole situation for a reason...just trying to show that not every situation is the same.

As for women, it's true, I'm an expert. But beyond that, many years ago I was a repeated victim of domestic violence. One time I finally took steps to defend myself (far short of punching but also close enough that I understand how it can get there) while gathering up my shit and leaving. My experience does not make me any sort of authority on the matter, but it does provide just enough perspective that I can see things are rarely cut and dry, and when stuff is going down we can all do things we wish we could somehow take back. Sometimes things get really ugly...alcohol in those cases makes it worse. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this community who has their own story about DV, and of course it sets off all sorts of triggers. I'm trying to keep that in mind and just look at the facts.

And in looking at the facts, everything about the Clark case leads me to believe he isn't a batterer of women. He made a series of bad decisions, while drunk in an extremely brutal situation, but he doesn't appear to be a monster. I wish Schneider had used the very specific language called for in this case, and I wish mediots like Baker understood the importance of telling a complete story. It doesn't have to be "balanced", but it shouldn't include such glaring omissions.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
themunn":3m0q3x5p said:
onanygivensunday":3m0q3x5p said:
Site blocked here at work.

Could/would someone c&p the pertinent parts here?

"I asked Diamond lo tell me what occurred tonight, She advised Frank and her were on the bed and began lo
argue. She stated she has been short tempered, she got mad. and she threw the T, v. remote al him, She
advised Frank tried restraining her on the bed and that is when she bit his nose. She advised he then pushed her
head down into the bed and then they both got out the bed. She advised Frank then punched her in he face and
she fell back breaking the lamp. She slated she then threw an alarm clock al him and he was trying lo gather his belongings lo leave."

"Diamond was asked about the marks
on her neck and she stated they must be from when Frank grabbed her by the shirt. It was pointed out that her
brother stated Frank grabbed her by the neck and slammed her to the ground. Diamond stated he didn't grab her
by the throat and that he grabbed her by the shin. She stated she was also wearing a necklace with a pendant.
The pendant was found on the bed and he necklace was found on the floor. To the right of the bed. I asked
Diamond when Frank grabbed her by the shin, where did she end up on the ground al and she pointed to the left
side of the bed."

"Due to the visible marks and injury's on Diamonds face and neck, her accounts of what occurred. and what the brothers stated they witnessed, it was determined that Frank Clark would be arrested for domestic violence."

"I advised Diamond in Ohio when
a domestic violence victm does not want to pursue a criminal charge against the offender and there are signs of
physical violence. we are guided by law in charge that offender with domestic violence."

It should be noted that her brothers are 3 and 5 years old.

The interesting thing I find about the whole thing is why she wasn't charged with domestic violence? From what I gather she threw at least 2 things at him and bit his nose. Does that not count as physical violence?

That is a pisspoor statement/report. Not so much the content as the spelling/typos. Sloppy reports indicate sloppy police work.

Exittium

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":vf5r2p6w said:
I am going to call this "a regrettable situation with two victims and two suspects." Mistakes were made and if he has matured and continues to do so, then it's water under the bridge. He didn't deliver a haymaker because she used the wrong kind of mustard or was talking to another guy at the market, this isn't the same thing. Hopefully guys like Russ and Kam will be good influences on him and he can prove himself to Seattle.

:13:

I honestly think this is the best response right here. Thats how i see it, the more i read it, and look at everything, this is how it appears more and more to me.

taco40

Reaction score
lucky49":24jzy1o0 said:
all you hawk fans know for a fact that if the niners drafted this guy you would be ranting about how he was a terrible person and baalke loves criminals.

Boy, you've got that right.

And if that were the case, the niner's player would, for just being a niner, deserve every barb.:49ersmall:

:les:

kearly

Reaction score
TwilightError":3f75bgz5 said:
The way you talk makes it sound like a man who beats his wife unconscious is a victim. Where do you draw the line? Is Aaron Hernandez too a victim who just needs counseling, or does that just go for those who commit acts of violence towards women? Because to me a wife beater deserves jail time, during which the counseling should take place.

And I'm not talking about Clark here, but the likes of Rice.

I have the exact same stance as the NFL. No second chances for rapists, murderers, or batterers. But a guy who makes one mistake in a DV case who wants to get better and make it right- he'll usually receive mercy from the league after his punishment is served. Which is I think the optimal way to handle these situations and serves the greater good.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Frankly, if the Niners had signed him, he'd be a choir boy, so yeah, not sure it would be as big of a deal.

Sometimes, a move like this makes sense. Sometimes, a move like this surprises you, like what happened this week.

Latest posts