found these while cleaning my garage

Jase

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":197go6y5 said:
The Times one, I have nicely framed and hanging on my wall.

Same, but mine is a poster re-print of the front page - not the actual newspaper.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
That picture gave me the tingles harder than a middle-school girl pondering Justin Bieber. ;)

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Wow, those really bring to mind the awesome optimism of the day those papers were printed. To wait 30 years -- 30 years! -- for that day, and then have that patience and loyalty rewarded with the farce that was XL is just a damn shame. RW, Marshawn and Sherm could go a long ways toward erasing that stain on the league. But it'll never come out completely.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dslfufz said:
I prefer to pretend it never happened. What Super Bowl appearance? We've never been, and if we had been, we certainly didn't have officials trolling us all day.

Yea I understand, but for me seeing Hass hold that NFC trophy up on the cover of the newspaper just transports me back in time when my wife and I were partying in the Hawks Nest after winning that game, the feeling in that stadium knowing we were going to the SB, and people hugging and high fiving and just losing their minds, it was really euphoric.

I blank out every thing that happened after that. :)

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the end result kinda sucked but I'll never forget the game against carolina ending and walking out into my front yard in west seattle whle neighbors did the same thing yelling "SUPERBOWWWWWWLLLLL!" randomly into the night.

dunceface

Reaction score
These feel a lot the NFC Champs banner I have somewhere that I can't bring myself to hang up...

Maybe someday after a title...
*cue Macklemore "Can't Hold Us"*

HansGruber

Reaction score
I've got the Times front page framed and hanging in the reception area of my office. Get many comments on it. Funny enough, I get more comments from Steelers and Niners fans than Seahawk fans.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HansGruber":2rnxnr1m said:
I've got the Times front page framed and hanging in the reception area of my office. Get many comments on it. Funny enough, I get more comments from Steelers and Niners fans than Seahawk fans.

What do they usually say?

HansGruber

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3cfy8uvr said:
HansGruber":3cfy8uvr said:

What do they usually say?

Steelers fans generally laugh at it and make jokes. The Niners fans are about the same.

Funny story: Had a Niners fan making fun of it a few weeks ago. Said the typical stuff about Seattle never winning anything. I just congratulated him on the Niner's recent SuperBowl loss and moved on with the appointment. The funniest part was that the second I congratulated him on the loss, he just shut right up. Didn't want to talk football any more. Two can play that game, pal.

judgemint

Reaction score
i have that game on dvd, it was so awesome how they smoked the panthers,

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
LyndseyG":3l4d8d9r said:
You know, I'd loved to have been a fan at the time those came out! :)

Great find! :th2thumbs:

Don't worry, you'll have your own memories of that elation soon enough! :D

HansGruber

Reaction score
judgemint":67bz74u2 said:
i have that game on dvd, it was so awesome how they smoked the panthers,

The best part of the Panthers / NFCCG was dancing outside the stadium with the Seahawks drum band, out in the mud in front of the stadium. There were so many people dancing in that patch of grass and concrete by the west entrance gate, the entire grass area had been worn to mud. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of people just dancing for well over an hour, probably close to 2 hours. The crowd swelled to the point that the entire entrance area was full of people dancing, some vendors were handing out free food, and quite a few people were busting out the champagne.

At one point, the cops started approaching the edge of the crowd, and people thought they were going to break it up, but they just hung out, I saw a few of them toasting with fans and drinking champagne, they all had smiles. It was such a beautiful moment. I saw people hugging, crying, laughing, it was so awesome. Will never forget that, dancing around in the mud, the Seahawks band just jumping around and going on and on for hours.

Most of the party moved up into Pioneer Square, with cops following, I think they expected a riot. I spoke to one cop afterward who said they were still nervous due to the Mardi Gras riots. But it was all love in Pioneer Square that night. Just tons of fans in the street with their gear on, hooting and hollering. And not one act of violence the whole night.

A

Anonymous

Don't have either, but I do have a New York Times from 1-1-00