Former Seahawk DJ Reed ready to face old team

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
“I’d be lying to you if I said it didn’t add a little more spice to it. It does,” Reed said. “I have a lot of respect for the guys over there. They gave me the opportunity to play corner and they gave me this opportunity to be here. I’m grateful for Pete [Carroll, coach] and John [Schneider, GM]. At the end of the day, I’m over here now. I have to let them know who I am.”

The 26-year-old Reed has let the Jets know who he is. Reed has been outstanding in his first season in New York and is a huge reason why the Jets’ defense has gone from the worst in the NFL to one of the best. He has partnered with rookie Sauce Gardner to shut down opposing pass offenses. Pro Football Focus has Reed graded as the 17th-best cornerback out of 121 graded.

He was pretty good during his time here. I'd trade Mike Jackson for him in a heartbeat.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IIRC we stole DJ Reed from the 49ers, snagged him after injury when SF thought nobody knew about DJ and they could sneak him by.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I really liked him and was bummed when we had to let him go. I wish him well, after Sunday.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If he was still here, we wouldn't have Tariq playing that left corner spot.

I'm glad Seattle didn't pay him that contract, and he was kind of meh his last season here after his initial breakout season.

I'm confident DK will out bully him when matched up 1 on 1. Geno is going to take his lunch money

bmorepunk

Reaction score
How is he getting the last laugh? Other than the contract. They are 7-8, and have lost 5 of 6. EXACTLY like the Hawks.

I loved the guy, but at the time, did you really want to pay him what the Jets did?
I've operated with a chip on my shoulder from the behavior of others in life before (in constructive ways). I get the urge to an extent.

Some fans have the chip creation talent of Michael Jordan, but no related talent to put that behavior into. MJ is an epic jerk, but at least he was able to channel that energy into being great. If you're not MJ it comes off as weird.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely will have a chip. Very common in sports. Hopefully Geno has some Jets chip on the shoulder too.
Great example with Jordan. He would literally make stuff up to get himself fired up.....X player said this about me etc. It def. adds to the drama and excitement of a game. Player going back to play against the team that let him go.

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'll forget going 0-4 against the NFC South, if Geno can go 4-0 on his "write-back" campaign. (Games against his former teams+Russ)

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Does DJ get lots of work on sun? Do we test sauce much? I think Dj will be worked but hurt us a few times with good plays. He played in practice with geno