Flacco to Denver

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1q6kaecs said:
Sgt. Largent":1q6kaecs said:
Surprised the Broncos did just announce they're cutting Keenum at the same time to save having to make another announcement..........21M cap hit in 2019? Gone.

I like this signing for the Broncos, gives them some much needed stability at QB. But it's not going to be even close to enough to challenge either the Chargers or Chiefs in the AFC West.

Theyre going to try and shop him. And id imagine if they can move him, theyll draft another long term qb project this year, then cut flacco next season

Who wants keenum? Especially tough with Foles (or Wentz) on the market

yeah I don't see how Keenum and his 21M salary is attractive to even the most desperate of QB teams.

If Flacco's only worth a 4th rounder, Keenum on the last year of his deal set to make 21M? Couldn't be worth more than a late rounder.

Besides any team interested in Keenum can just wait until he's cut, and he will be cut.

mrt144

Reaction score
getnasty":28rv1els said:
I thought i read that the Ravens were paying a portion of his salary, if thats not the case then the Broncos got fleeced in this deal.

Ravens had to pay the pro-rated signing bonus which was guaranteed but in trading Flacco are off the hook for the non guaranteed portion.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Is Flacco any better than Keenum? Honestly to me it seems like they paid a 4th rounder for a downgrade.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":26wbta3p said:
Is Flacco any better than Keenum? Honestly to me it seems like they paid a 4th rounder for a downgrade.

Flacco's probably more dependable and steady. Keenum can go off for 350 yards and four TD's one game, then throw four picks the next game. He's far more erratic.

So I get what Elway's doing, although like I said above Flacco doesn't get them into the mix in the super competitive AFC West.

Jville

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":d82vduvp said:
It's amazing how awful Denver has done with QBs.

That said, I don't think I'd move on from Flacco this year if I was Baltimore. Not sure what type of "replacement" Lamar Jackson is considering he can't pass at an NFL level...
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1095723809745850368[/tweet]

Fade

Reaction score
They will have a great defense in Denver, Fangio will assure that. But Flacco is going to get eaten alive playing the Chiefs & Chargers twice a year.

Dumb move, Denver should have sucked in 2019, so they could draft a franchise QB in 2020 which will be a great class for QBs.

Flacco with Fangio's defense will get them to 8 wins which puts them in no man's land.