Eskridge

Jville

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. But,that post by HawkMania is confused.

The pro rated cap charge generated by the original signing bonus is not refundable and is not cap avoidable.

The following offers clearer insight into cap and salary changes ..............

These are timely changes for a player that will have his 27th birthday on the 28th of this month while still trying to establish himself. He has a lot to overcome and prove. Good job by his agent and John Schneider in keeping his NFL dream alive for one more try.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

The pro rated cap charge generated by the original signing bonus is not refundable and is not cap avoidable.

These are timely changes for a player that will have his 27th birthday on the 28th of this month while still trying to establish himself. He has a lot to overcome and prove. Good job by his agent and John Schneider in keeping his NFL dream alive for one more try.

Does this mean we will be inclined to keep him?

Jville

Reaction score
Does this mean we will be inclined to keep him?

It's early.

There is an all new coaching staff to get to know ........ for the players and fans alike.

We'll find out as the staff and players write their story for the 2024 campaign.

It's a process.

Jville

Reaction score
I was on the record two years ago saying that I wish they'd cut Eskridge instead of Bo Melton. I was finally right for once.

Seahawkss tried to hide Melton, their 2022 7th round pick, on the practice squad. The Packers claimed him in 2022 and placed him on their active roster.

Milton had his break out game in December of his second year. Nice. There are so many receivers to chose from each and every year.

Seahawks have yet to see their 2021 fly sweep pick establish a break out role on offense. A new coaching staff will bring a fresh look at what Eskridge has to offer. Perhaps a new offense will field an important role before time runs out. Eskridge surely must be feeling a healthy sense of urgency.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Seahawks have yet to see their 2021 fly sweep pick establish a break out role on offense. A new coaching staff will bring a fresh look at what Eskridge has to offer. Perhaps a new offense will field an important role before time runs out. Eskridge surely must be feeling a healthy sense of urgency.
Ya know, at this point I'd rather just see him gone. But if this lights a fire under his ass and he stays healthy and actually becomes productive, I won't complain.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's painful for me to even think of Eskridge. He was our first pick in the 2021 draft, a draft where we didn't have a first rounder and only 7 picks overall and who do we draft? We side step Creed Humphrey, the best player available and at a position of need, and instead reach for a wide receiver where we already had two Pro Bowl players.

Jville

Reaction score
Ya know, at this point I'd rather just see him gone. But if this lights a fire under his ass and he stays healthy and actually becomes productive, I won't complain.

We fans watch from a different vantage point. Player and coaches with skin in the game are more gritty in working thru both injury and performance challenges. And at this point in time, the process is building a 90 man off season roster.

It's early in the process.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
We fans watch from a different vantage point. Player and coaches with skin in the game are more gritty in working thru both injury and performance challenges. And at this point in time, the process is building a 90 man off season roster.

It's early in the process.
True.

Jville

Reaction score
It's painful for me to even think of Eskridge. He was our first pick in the 2021 draft, a draft where we didn't have a first rounder and only 7 picks overall and who do we draft? We side step Creed Humphrey, the best player available and at a position of need, and instead reach for a wide receiver where we already had two Pro Bowl players.

Understandable, succeeding campaigns might have brought superior success and outcomes.

2021 was Shane Waldron's first year as offensive coordinator. The fly sweep was a featured part of the wide zone offense Shane worked toward installing in Seattle. Unfortunately, it was a bit late as league defenses adapted to dealing with fly sweeps and outside zone concepts. It was a wicked fly sweep collision that initiate a series of Eskridge injuries.

Covid 19 degraded scouting opportunities for both the 2020 and 2021 drafts. Schneider was upfront about making adjustments to how they used their draft capital in those two year. Much of the understandable fan anguish over those drafts was the result.

Scouting and drafting practices appear to have returned to pre Covid performance. Although, I'm hearing speculation that another pandemic scare is scheduled for no later than 2025.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I've always been with everyone else in wanting rid of Eskridge, but at this point, let's just give him this make or break year and maybe we'll get some production out of him. He's going to have a fire lit under his butt because if he fails this season, he's probably out of the league.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think its important to send a message to EVERYBODY "if your playing for us and head down that road of nagging injuries, you will be cut". Adams, Mono and Eskridge. The days of taking up a rost spot and drawing a paycheck are over.

Cheers

Optimus25

Reaction score
So many whiffs on drafts, and I get why they went after some players but this guy, Dee Eskridge, was a complete head scratcher when they drafted him to me.

I mean, why take him so early, especially when his college tape didn’t suggest he would be great anyways….

I get JSN (awesome pick), I get McDowell, I get LJ Collier, I get Rashaad Penny, I get Christine Michael, I get trading for Percy, trading for Leonard, I get trading for Jamal Adams, I get all that….but drafting Eskridge was such a reach and a luxury pick that one is probably the worst move IMO because the needs for other positions were so blatantly obvious but they wanted a very limited receiver….I just don’t get….they must have thought they were getting the next Tyreek Hill or something close to a similar Percy Harvin….

I don’t know what Carroll and Schneider was thinking with Dee Eskridge…I mean why, why why why why why why!!!!!!
Exactly. If i recall correctly nick Bolton was on the board, and we knew the need was coming for LBs in our immediate future, and eskridge just is a big nothing burger.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Its funny because I know how this goes...If...Big if he becomes a great return guy or niche player and does well, we'll all be saying...I knew it, I knew it...lol

evergreen

Reaction score
Every time I watch the Chiefs I'm reminded of this disaster.

morgulon1

Reaction score

At least it appears he'll be able to compete. He has had horrible luck so far it would be crazy for him to emerge only after Pete Carroll was "promoted".

Would that be ironic?