Eskridge

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I don’t want Eskridge gone for cap room. I want him gone because he is a reminder of countless injury plagued players the PC didn’t cut but instead littered the roster with including how many 3rd down RBs?

do you consistently better the team on the field?
yes? Stay
no? Gtfo

”but but but injuries!!!!” if you can’t stay on the field you do not help the team
”but but but he got hurt ON the field trying to help the team!!!” If you have missed more than 1/2 the games 2 years in a row you aren’t helping the team.

chrispy

Reaction score
I don't know the rules... what happens when he gets injured in camp? At some point, cut him just to save the injury settlement....

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
So many whiffs on drafts, and I get why they went after some players but this guy, Dee Eskridge, was a complete head scratcher when they drafted him to me.

I mean, why take him so early, especially when his college tape didn’t suggest he would be great anyways….

I get JSN (awesome pick), I get McDowell, I get LJ Collier, I get Rashaad Penny, I get Christine Michael, I get trading for Percy, trading for Leonard, I get trading for Jamal Adams, I get all that….but drafting Eskridge was such a reach and a luxury pick that one is probably the worst move IMO because the needs for other positions were so blatantly obvious but they wanted a very limited receiver….I just don’t get….they must have thought they were getting the next Tyreek Hill or something close to a similar Percy Harvin….

I don’t know what Carroll and Schneider was thinking with Dee Eskridge…I mean why, why why why why why why!!!!!!

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
So many whiffs on drafts, and I get why they went after some players but this guy, Dee Eskridge, was a complete head scratcher when they drafted him to me.

I mean, why take him so early, especially when his college tape didn’t suggest he would be great anyways….

I get JSN (awesome pick), I get McDowell, I get LJ Collier, I get Rashaad Penny, I get Christine Michael, I get trading for Percy, trading for Leonard, I get trading for Jamal Adams, I get all that….but drafting Eskridge was such a reach and a luxury pick that one is probably the worst move IMO because the needs for other positions were so blatantly obvious but they wanted a very limited receiver….I just don’t get….they must have thought they were getting the next Tyreek Hill or something close to a similar Percy Harvin….

I don’t know what Carroll and Schneider was thinking with Dee Eskridge…I mean why, why why why why why why!!!!!!
I felt they were trying to be the Rams and that's partly why they lost their way.

chris98251

Reaction score

They wanted another Golden Tate Percy Harvin type, Bubble, Bubble, Bubble screens.

xray

Reaction score
Constantly injured athletes should only participate in other sports like Cornhole or Pickleball .

rigelian

Reaction score
Constantly injured athletes should only participate in other sports like Cornhole or Pickleball .
Having broken my shoulder playing pickleball I protest this analysis.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I don’t want Eskridge gone for cap room. I want him gone because he is a reminder of countless injury plagued players the PC didn’t cut but instead littered the roster with including how many 3rd down RBs?

do you consistently better the team on the field?
yes? Stay
no? Gtfo

”but but but injuries!!!!” if you can’t stay on the field you do not help the team
”but but but he got hurt ON the field trying to help the team!!!” If you have missed more than 1/2 the games 2 years in a row you aren’t helping the team.
Although a bit harsh I agree with this. Player evaluation needs to be more pragmatic and less emotional. Jamal Adams had great potential but injuries ruined him. He gets way more blowback for something not his fault but that does not change the fact he is not helping the team get better therefore should be (and is) gone.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
He restructured to save the team almost a milly - amazing that someone of his grit sticks around - baffling

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else surprised if he didn't get cut I know it's not a lot of money but still kind of shocking they haven't booted him yet
I believe that he was cut and then he re-signed for just one year, because he was drafted in 2021 and this should be starting his 3rd year of his rookie 4-year contract... but according to OTC.com, he is only signed for 2024... and will be an UFA in 2025.

Link... https://overthecap.com/player/dwayne-eskridge/9520