DK…am I trippin or…

rcaido

Reaction score
DK was worth more pre-draft. He is not worth 25million let alone 30mill, no receiver really worth that much. I thought it was stupid they didnt trade him the same day they traded Wilson & cut Bobby.

If they sign DK, the two highest paid players will be Locket & DK. They will have Geno throwing the ball. If they can't find a QB next year, that means Geno again, but he will probably ask for $15million as a starter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, but I'm not gonna' assume the worst. Just my own way of looking at it. He's an athlete that wants a huge contract. Again, this is nothing new. He flat out needs to be on this team. Just pay the damn guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DK was worth more pre-draft. He is not worth 25million let alone 30mill, no receiver really worth that much. I thought it was stupid they didnt trade him the same day they traded Wilson & cut Bobby.

If they sign DK, the two highest paid players will be Locket & DK. They will have Geno throwing the ball. If they can't find a QB next year, that means Geno again, but he will probably ask for $15million as a starter.

The Hawks have plenty of cap to sign DK and sign another QB if Geno and/or Lock don't work out.

In fact giving DK his extension would open up even more cap because they can pro-rate and backload everything........you know, like the Rams do six times a season to continue to pay all their stars and add more stars with zero consequence.

I also don't like paying a receiver 30M, but that's the way the game is played now, and like I said nothing would deflate this organization more then not paying your biggest young star. Not the best message to send to the rest of your young players you're trying to build around.

"Hey, play you ass off, be a good teammate and we'll probably just trade your ass when it's time to get paid!!"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
this will look like a bargain in a few years, happens all the time.

Great point about moving money and pro rating etc. I will NEVER accept that the Rams are magically doing things on the up and up. Just my opinion.

rcaido

Reaction score
The Hawks have plenty of cap to sign DK and sign another QB if Geno and/or Lock don't work out.

In fact giving DK his extension would open up even more cap because they can pro-rate and backload everything........you know, like the Rams do six times a season to continue to pay all their stars and add more stars with zero consequence.

I also don't like paying a receiver 30M, but that's the way the game is played now, and like I said nothing would deflate this organization more then not paying your biggest young star. Not the best message to send to the rest of your young players you're trying to build around.

"Hey, play you ass off, be a good teammate and we'll probably just trade your ass when it's time to get paid!!"

You mean the message what they did w/ Sherman, Earl, Clark, Wagner, & Wright? Receivers are not game changers. These are grown adults not dumb butthurt fans that dont understand its a business if they get traded. Just doesn't make sense to keep him right now w/ Carol as coach. Defensive team, that likes to run the ball. You dont pay two receiver almost 50 million w/ backup QB.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We need to keep DK. Pay the man. There won't be a run game if teams stack the box because they don't respect our WRs.

BASF

Reaction score
You mean the message what they did w/ Sherman, Earl, Clark, Wagner, & Wright?
The only one on your list who didn't get their second contract with the Hawks was Clark. You are not really comparing the same thing.

Fade

Reaction score
We need to keep DK. Pay the man. There won't be a run game if teams stack the box because they don't respect our WRs.
Teams are going to stack the box and force Geno to beat them, regardless of DK.

Be prepared to watch the team run headon into loaded box after loaded box.

Seattle has 2 dynamic runners in Penny and Walker, opponents are going to gameplan to shut them down.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You mean the message what they did w/ Sherman, Earl, Clark, Wagner, & Wright? Receivers are not game changers. These are grown adults not dumb butthurt fans that dont understand its a business if they get traded. Just doesn't make sense to keep him right now w/ Carol as coach. Defensive team, that likes to run the ball. You dont pay two receiver almost 50 million w/ backup QB.

That's exactly why you pay DK, because without him your mediocre QB's just turned into terrible QB's, and your run game is going to see nothing but 9 man boxes as Tyler gets triple teamed.

It's all connected.

Mix

Reaction score
6 years - 28M / Per - 168 Million - 100 Million Guaranteed.

I'm calling it now. =)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think he'll get a very similar contract to the one that WR- AJ Brown received.

John63

Reaction score
I think it is simple. We are going to play PC-style ball. You don't pay a WR 25+ mil a year for that, especially with the mediocre-at-best QBs we have. IF we are rolling with PC which it appears we are. YOu sink your money into the defense and be stingy with the offense. Mind you I am not saying it will work, just saying that is how PC wants it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Lots of anti-Pete assumptions being made here. The team will not be one dimensional just like SF wasn’t one dimensional even though they ran the ball frequently.

Believe what you want to believe:

1. The team is screwed without Wilson,
2. The team is screwed with Pete as the HC
3. The O will be old fashioned. Pete doesn’t do modern O.
4. The OLine will suck.
5. Smith or Lock will suck, or both will suck.
6. The team doesn’t need WRs as all the team will do is run
7. The team’s O will be easily stopped.

8. Pick your negative viewpoint.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think it is simple. We are going to play PC-style ball. You don't pay a WR 25+ mil a year for that, especially with the mediocre-at-best QBs we have. IF we are rolling with PC which it appears we are. YOu sink your money into the defense and be stingy with the offense. Mind you I am not saying it will work, just saying that is how PC wants it.

Again, exactly why you pay DK.

Pete ball = run the ball effectively to open up play action, of which would take advantage of DK's speed getting behind the defense..

I don't get how so many fans distill Pete's offensive philosophy down into some dumb ball. It's balance, with an emphasis on being productive in the run game, because Pete knows that's how to successfully move the ball.

Doesn't mean you don't need talented WR's. You most certainly do.

John63

Reaction score
Again, exactly why you pay DK.

Pete ball = run the ball effectively to open up play action, of which would take advantage of DK's speed getting behind the defense..

I don't get how so many fans distill Pete's offensive philosophy down into some dumb ball. It's balance, with an emphasis on being productive in the run game, because Pete knows that's how to successfully move the ball.

Doesn't mean you don't need talented WR's. You most certainly do.
That's not why you pay a Wr 25+ mil though. If you recall we did that while paying our WR less with Kearse, Moore, Lockette, and Baldwin. If you can do it with those guys you don't need a 25+ mil WR.

FYi PC knows how you move the ball in the 70s not how you win SB now.

LAR
Pass 64%

TB
65% pass

I can go on

That said You don't pay a WR 25 Mil to run the PC offense. You spend 75% on defense, and most of the 20% you have on offense on RB and run blocking oline. Any NFL-caliber Wr should be able to get open if everyone is playing the run in PC offense. That's why we had guys like Kearse, Baldwin, Moore. etc. I mean either we go all in for the PC ball or we get a new HC since we traded our Elite QB.

For me, this is a simple thing since PC said we are not rebuilding anything less than a Winning season is a failure. While I will be rooting for the Hawks as always I don't expect much. And wasting 25mil on a Wr for this offense is just plain stupid. Not to mention the hypocrisy of paying a Wr top money.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That's not why you pay a Wr 25+ mil though. If you recall we did that while paying our Way less with Kearse, Moore, and Baldwin. If you can do it with those guys you don't need a 25+ mil WR.

FYi PC knows how you moved the ball in the 70s not how you win SB now.

LAR
Pass 64%

TB
65% pass

I can go on.

That said You don't pay a WR 25 Mil to run the PC offense.

What about the other 30 teams, they shouldn't pay their WR's either if they don't pass over 60% of the time?

Seems completely counterproductive to being a balance offense if the defense knows you have no talent at WR, so they load up the box to stop your run game.

Seems beneficial to have a super fast large WR to keep those safeties honest.

But that's just me, in John63's offense apparently not.

John63

Reaction score
What about the other 30 teams, they shouldn't pay their WR's either if they don't pass over 60% of the time?

Seems completely counterproductive to being a balance offense if the defense knows you have no talent at WR, so they load up the box to stop your run game.

Seems beneficial to have a super fast large WR to keep those safeties honest.

But that's just me, in John63's offense apparently not.
Name me an offense that is run first that pays it WRs top 5 money? You cant.

FYI its not in my offense it's in PCs offense. Name me 1 Wr in his offense paid top 5 money?

Also, let's remember we are not talking about just any Wr we are talking DK, he of the drops, temp tantrums, etc. AND I like DK as a player I just think he needs a different environment.