DJ Fluker asking Pete to take him back...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I always liked D.J. Good guy, good player, and a total team guy. With all these injuries, give him a look.
I wonder if Jason Peters will see some time this weekend. Pete mentioned him yesterday, he's close.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
A guy like that should at least get a workout, especially with the current state of the interior OL.
The Seahawks have $7.9M in cap space available, so if management decides Fluker can help the team and if Fluker is willing to take the vet minimum, it looks like this would be feasible.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I would have been on board with this move a few weeks ago, and I think he deserves another shot, but I don't think we should sign him.

At this point, I'm struggling to find ways to get our rookies, Bradford and Oluwatimi, onto the field. Both Bradford and Oluwatimi have played well enough to warrant serious consideration for more playing time, even with a healthy set of Lewis, Haynes, and Brown up front.

themunn

Reaction score
If there is one thing DJ has not done during his time off is workout. Barely did that while on a team. signing him would not be a good idea

What? He's out there with a physique looking like a DE and you say he's not worked out?

Isn’t Abe Lucas coming back soon?

Did Fluker ever play tackle? Thought he was exclusively a guard - would he be an upgrade over Haynes or Bradford? Maybe. I'd reckon so

Smellyman

Reaction score
What? He's out there with a physique looking like a DE and you say he's not worked out?

Did Fluker ever play tackle? Thought he was exclusively a guard - would he be an upgrade over Haynes or Bradford? Maybe. I'd reckon so

Sign him then. I am sure it will be great
/s

toffee

Reaction score
A guy like that should at least get a workout, especially with the current state of the interior OL.
The Seahawks have $7.9M in cap space available, so if management decides Fluker can help the team and if Fluker is willing to take the vet minimum, it looks like this would be feasible.
How much would his vetmin be?

toffee

Reaction score
If memory serves, Fluker was a tackle, but wasn't good, he was moved to guard and still so so. I remember some said the he was slow of feet, if so, pulling ain't gonna be his strength. His last year with Bal, he played RT even some LT, wasn't good but didn't suck either. Interestingly, he was average to slightly above average when he played for the Chargers and Giants (2013-2017) and Bal (2020), the worst years of his career were the two years with the Hawks, 2018-2019, perhaps Mr. Wilson had something to do with it?

He has been out of the league for 2 years, does he still have what it takes? Besides, we do have Jason Peters, an old all-pro which we didn't or couldn't activate?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
How much would his vetmin be?

He's got over seven years in the NFL, so it would be $1.65M, prorated because the Seahawks have already played five games and had their bye week, which counts (18 checks for each player who's on the 53 for the whole season).

That makes it no more than $1.65M × 12/18, which comes out to $1.1M. It's about $91.7K for each game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the team sees he is close to playing condition It'd be worth adding him to the PS to see if he can still play, and if so then adding him to the interior OL.

It is unlikely the team will keep each of the recently added OTs swiped from other teams' PS. RT appears to be more of a need than LT and although Fluker is best as a RG his depth may be valuable.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't dislike Fluker. But as it stands now, I believe the Hawks' only 2024 cap space is carry over from this year. I'm not sure it's worth it.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
If he can beat out Haynes, I'm all for it. Bradford needs some seasoning, so Fluker may be a good mentor as well.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind if they brought him in. He’s an upgrade over Curhan and Haynes. While he was with the Seahawks, he was solid against Aaron Donald.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Make it happen. It can't hurt(t)?