Diggs signs 3 year/40M dollar deal!

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Now, let's get DJ Reed and Duane Brown taken care of. That would be a hell of a start to free agency imo.

Elemas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ykipfdt said:
I think a LOT of people forget how good Adams is. Much of that is just not liking the guy and/or what they gave up to get for him. I'm looking forward to him proving people wrong.
Maybe they'll actually use him correctly in 2022.

They mentioned doing just that! I agree..wasn’t happy with what we gave up but Adams is a baller. I’d like to see a “healthy” version out there this season.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And they just brought back Sydney Jones. They still have Tre Brown coming back and hopefully Marquise Blair can get healthy finally. Really looking forward to seeing what Tre Brown can do as the starter. He looks like he has the "it" factor imo.
If this team gets a solid QB, it doesn't feel like the rebuild that seemed inevitable.
And for the record, I AM NOT saying they will be a great team and/or a playoff team.

Elemas

Reaction score
I believe Tre Brown is going to be special.

Besides the fact that Diggs is a great player that we needed back, it gives me hope that we’re not going to see a mass exodus of talent and the team is still going to compete.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Best news of the day. Short of finding our next franchise QB1, this is the signing I was hoping for.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Adams can become as good as he thinks he is. Need to D to be a top 10 unit this year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Excellent, glad to see it is a relatively fair contract too for a Pro Bowl FS. Now, lets hope the the new defensive staff brain trust knows how to use Jamal Adams strengths and let Diggs be the ballhawk centerfielder. I like hearing from Hurtt we will be more aggressive this year. Watching 10-15 play drives carve out 8-10 minutes because the team was so terrified of giving up big plays was nauseating. Being the aggressors again will be a nice change ;)

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And in the category of hilariously bad: The Jags signed Christian Kirk to an 18 mil a year contract. And THAT is why they always pick in the top 5. Dude is a #2 WR. 18 mil a year :34853_doh:

I repeat: 18 million PER SEASON for an above average WR. Not even close to being a #1.

nanomoz

Reaction score
That's a lot of money for safeties on a team that's probably not going to be too competitive with the division.

Rat

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3uu5scpa said:
And in the category of hilariously bad: The Jags signed Christian Kirk to an 18 mil a year contract. And THAT is why they always pick in the top 5. Dude is a #2 WR. 18 mil a year :34853_doh:

I repeat: 18 million PER SEASON for an above average WR. Not even close to being a #1.

Oh, good for him. I assume DK will realize it's an outlier contract and not ask for outrageous money on his next deal.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mnxo2ls said:

It's this kind of dumbass stuff that makes NFL salaries ridiculous.

:187734: :pukeface:

Fade

Reaction score
Fair value.

But I have a concern about his injury, and his ability to get anywhere near that on the open market due to said injury.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't know man. I heard a lot of talk about him getting 14 plus on the open market. This is a good deal for a top 5 Safety in the league. And I think he is at this point. Shoot, he might be top 3

Jville

Reaction score
I viewed Diggs as last years Defensive MVP.

Great to have his return to look forward to.