Derick Hall

Mick063

Reaction score
Wanna stop the run? You gotta set the edge. This is primarily what Derick Hall is known for. He turns the runner back into inside pursuit help. He will help in the Red Zone as well.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
Well, depending on how we use him in our technique, I think this is a solid pick. I'm bias towards the SEC obviously, especially Georgia and would have loved to see Nolan Smith and Jalen Carter in a Hawks uniform, but this pick is solid. Hopefully he can contribute right away.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I just don't want to see a Josh Jacobs run 86 yards to win the game against the Seahawks or any kind of garbage like that ever again! I don't want an opposing RB to run for 200+ yards against the Seahawks ever again! It's beyond exasperating. Play some damn defense! Like they did in 1984, 1992, and 2013!

Mick063

Reaction score
He isn't really an explosive edge rusher with "bend". He is a "point of attack" guy that can hold up against offensive lineman on the move. He is too powerful to block with just a tight end in the run game. He is the kind of guy that you can move inside on passing downs and stick a lighter, smaller, quicker edge (ie. Taylor) in his place. In other words, utilized like Michael Bennett was (or how Dre'mont Jones will be used)

This guy was picked up especially for holding up against the run. The biggest developmental part of his game would be as an inside pass rusher.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Like I've said before, sometimes Pete & John get a little sideways. Still need IOL, NT and a couple RB's. Hopefully all the good DT's are not gone soon.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
He played some mike in college. That could give us flexibility, and a way to keep him on the field.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Wanna stop the run? You gotta set the edge. This is primarily what Derick Hall is known for. He turns the runner back into inside pursuit help. He will help in the Red Zone as

Wanna stop the run? You gotta set the edge. This is primarily what Derick Hall is known for. He turns the runner back into inside pursuit help. He will help in the Red Zone as well.
Our new CB is a great, attacking run defender. I doubt we're gonna be last against the run this year.

Latest posts