Denver is a rebuilding team and we got all their draft picks. Am I trippin, or is this the Hershel Walker trade?

keasley45

Reaction score
I wondered about that. Is he diving or losing his balance?

A lot of his catches are over the middle into zone coverages. Its a resut of how secondaries are playing us and a smart business decision if you ask me. Good way to shorten you career, running after the catch toward a safety who's been looking in the backfield and late to break up the pass, but just in time to take your head off.

sc85sis

Reaction score
A lot of his catches are over the middle into zone coverages. Its a resut of how secondaries are playing us and a smart business decision if you ask me. Good way to shorten you career, running after the catch toward a safety who's been looking in the backfield and late to break up the pass, but just in time to take your head off.
Yeah, I honestly don't have an issue with it when there are guys closing in. He could get his head taken off, and he's not a huge guy. Just wondered because at least once I thought he slipped but wasn't sure.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It will be funny when we get a top 3 pick, and it’s not because we finish that badly

samwize77

Reaction score
I have no problem with Tyler dropping when he knows theres not much left to get. He caught the ball, the damage to the D was done. What I've seen alot of is DK going over the middle and taking that hit. DK is more likely to walk away with giving the damage and not taking it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Yeah, I honestly don't have an issue with it when there are guys closing in. He could get his head taken off, and he's not a huge guy. Just wondered because at least once I thought he slipped but wasn't sure.
I think this past Sunday there was one where he seemed to slip but he's been going down in the middle for a long time. There's been a few times on the outside that I thought he coulee safely run for more but for the most part, I'm glad he's not taking the hits (same reason I hate seeing him back returning kicks) as long as it isn't 3rd down and he catches it short of the first.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I have no problem with Tyler dropping when he knows theres not much left to get. He caught the ball, the damage to the D was done. What I've seen alot of is DK going over the middle and taking that hit. DK is more likely to walk away with giving the damage and not taking it.
It also sets up a fumble opportunity for the D when you're fighting too much. Can't fault them, especially a monster like DK but there's a very fine line between giving it all you got and extending things so long something bad happens. No idea how a player can tell which situation is which, just gotta teach them situational awareness. Again with the 3rd down, fight like crazy for the 1st but if you're just going for an extra yard or two without any glaring need for it then you gotta protect the ball over gaining one more yard.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Although it's obvious the Broncos are rock bottom at the moment, I don't believe they will be as bad as some here are predicting.

Why?

Because for as the bad as the offense has been, the defense has been equally stellar. I agree that Russ will never be close to what he was due to the many reasons explained in the aforementioned posts, but he doesn't have to be.

If Wilson and Hackett can find enough rhythm to be average or even slightly below average they will win games. I mean, the offense has been embarrassingly bad and yet they have two wins, one against the Niners. All that said, I couldn't imagine leveraging your draft future and paying top dollar for a player only to reset your expectations of him to average to slightly below average.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Although it's obvious the Broncos are rock bottom at the moment, I don't believe they will be as bad as some here are predicting.

Why?

Because for as the bad as the offense has been, the defense has been equally stellar. I agree that Russ will never be close to what he was due to the many reasons explained in the aforementioned posts, but he doesn't have to be.

If Wilson and Hackett can find enough rhythm to be average or even slightly below average they will win games. I mean, the offense has been embarrassingly bad and yet they have two wins, one against the Niners. All that said, I couldn't imagine leveraging your draft future and paying top dollar for a player only to reset your expectations of him to average to slightly below average.
I don't think anyone here actually thinks Denver will give us the #1 pick, but it also looks increasingly likely that the pick will be decent to really good. Potentially top 10ish at this rate

Their schedule is about to get brutal. They may be a 6 win team

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'd wait a couple years before I'd make this sort of assertion, but since there's a good chance it is completely wrong I guess you have to do it now.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

Why?

That defense is going to come back down to earth when they play some legit offenses. They gave up 32 to the raiders. Besides that they played Seattle in week 1 where Geno still had to find his groove. And they played a terrible O in San Francisco and the horrible Colts offense. Let’s see how they fare against the chargers and chiefs.

BamKam

Reaction score
It was a Highway Robbery as soon as it was official. Anyone with a football IQ above 1 knew that.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Observations after watching last night's debacle. Let's not forget the season is almost 1/3 of the way over:

- RW might be on the verge of a Felix Hernandez collapse. Dominant for a decade, then done. It happens a lot, but that is the local recent example I can think of.

- RW got a lot of leeway and glad-handing from Seattle fans after the two Super Bowl appearances, so much so that even as he has obviously declined, fans wouldn't boo him. He has no such pass in Denver, and it's quite possible the boos are ruining his fragile, golden boy image of himself. He should be glad he's not playing for the Giants or Jets. They would be merciless by now.

- RW's QBR rating last night was 15.9. I don't think a new team can excuse that. His highest this year was 49 something. Every NFL team has world class atheletes, so any problems come from how things are being run. (Or not run. Or not passed.)

- Richard Sherman is still mad about Marshawn not getting the ball. The divorce between Pete and Russ was long and painful; I actually am enjoying watching Geno this year and something NEW. Instead of the old he said he said between coach and quarterback that we all have had to guess because they didn't want to fight in front of the kids.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
That defense is going to come back down to earth when they play some legit offenses. They gave up 32 to the raiders. Besides that they played Seattle in week 1 where Geno still had to find his groove. And they played a terrible O in San Francisco and the horrible Colts offense. Let’s see how they fare against the chargers and chiefs.
The season isn't over, but you're right, they are most likely looking at 2-5 after the Chargers and Chiefs. With the way they are playing right now, you hope you are facing a team like, I don't know, the Colts or something at home to get things back on track. Dark days in Denver.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
The season isn't over, but you're right, they are most likely looking at 2-5 after the Chargers and Chiefs. With the way they are playing right now, you hope you are facing a team like, I don't know, the Colts or something at home to get things back on track. Dark days in Denver.
Well they don’t play the chiefs until later in the schedule but I brought those 2 teams up because they play them twice and they have juggernaut offenses. So that’s probably another 4 losses.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I believe that Dallas got the Vikings entire draft plus some players no? So no its not the Walker trade. Plus the year is still young we don't yet know where the Broncos end up. Right now they look totally out of sync on offense though.

Scout

Reaction score
Well they don’t play the chiefs until later in the schedule but I brought those 2 teams up because they play them twice and they have juggernaut offenses. So that’s probably another 4 losses.
The Raiders offense may show some signs by mid season too. Jaguars and Jets are not easy wins for the Broncos. Then the Broncos have to also face the Ravens, Rams and Cardinals.

Broncos have to split with their divisional games or else they are in danger of finish below .500.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The Raiders offense may show some signs by mid season too. Jaguars and Jets are not easy wins for the Broncos. Then the Broncos have to also face the Ravens, Rams and Cardinals.

Broncos have to split with their divisional games or else they are in danger of finish below .500.
The way things look now I'd take the under on that bet. Raiders aren't as bad as lots are making them out to be and most of the remaining Denver schedule looks brutal.
I'm already looking forward to the draft.