Reaction score
Lol..from the resident traitor over at Letsride.com

Laso lets add coming in Seahawks fans kept saying

Wilson cant throw over the middle
Cant throw it to his Te
Cant throw to his RB
Will not take the check down
Can play against cover 2

Well guess what 340 yards, 69% complt 102 passers and what should have been 2 tds, but guess what

He through to the Te and Rbs a lot( He did it more than Seattle did)
He took the check down when needed
He threw over the middle alot ( He did it more than Seattle did)
and he was against cover 2 all game and like I said 1 drop and 2 fumbles from an easy win.

I am not concerned about the offense everything that went wrong is fixable.
The defense adjusted well in 2nd half.
ST needs work
Coaching needs work

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I especially liked the tweet (or whatever) from the over ridden bronc fan who complained about losing last night "to a bottom feeder".
Well, the Denver fans kind of did lose to Russ, and Russ kind of is a bottom feeder.

toffee

Reaction score
I rewatched the 4th and 5, these are my observation:
  1. A play was sent in from the coach, players huddled, Russ was in short gun formation.
  2. Seconds later, instead of snapping the ball, Wilson signaled timeout.
  3. Zero conversation between Russ and Hacket when Russ walked to the sideline.
  4. Zero conversation during the timeout.
  5. Pete called a timeout.
  6. Zero conversation during this timeout too.
  7. Hacket taking all responsibility.
The helmet headset, First, it is one way communication. The designated player can hear the coach but there is no microphone in the helmet. So, the player cannot speak to the coach. It is a coach-to-player communication system.

Second, the coach can only talk to the player in between downs. The communications gear becomes active once a down ends and is shut off when the play clock reaches 15 seconds or when the ball is snapped, whichever occurs first. The coach cannot talk to any player via the speaker equipped helmet while a down is in progress.

Key point, when Russ signed timeout, what was the play clock? If the play clock passed 15 seconds. NO WAY HACKET called that timeout. In that case, Russ called timeout, he removed his helmet on the way to the sideline, and didn't talk to his coach but headed straight to bench and basically stayed there.

Can anyone check the playclock?

toffee

Reaction score
OK, If I got it right, Russ called timeout with the play clock almost hit 0:01. The headset was silent and off at that point as it went silent when the play clock reached 15 seconds. Hacket just found out the finer details of coaching Russell Wilson.

Did I get it right?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I was wondering if that was the case, but the posts are missing the tell tale drunk misspellings. I know I would be drunk after my new team got beat by my old one.
He was also !anthony on here before John63..
!anthony had no issues with spelling just like Dean.
He was misspelling here because he thought as
!anthony he was banned so John63 was just a cover.
Same 3 guys no matter where they go or how they
spell.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
OK, If I got it right, Russ called timeout with the play clock almost hit 0:01. The headset was silent and off at that point as it went silent when the play clock reached 15 seconds. Hacket just found out the finer details of coaching Russell Wilson.

Did I get it right?

I was definitely in the camp the last few years of putting it 100% on the coaches regarding the ongoing issues of getting plays off, leading to delay of game penalties or burning timeouts early which was so costly later. It will be interesting to see if this is an issue in Denver ongoing or just a result of Seattle crowd noise and game 1 cause if it's an ongoing issues looks like I was wrong to put it all on the coaches.

Funny thing if it was the crowd noise you would think a QB who knows that environment so well and prides himself on preparation would have handled it better.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He was also !anthony on here before John63..
!anthony had no issues with spelling just like Dean.
He was misspelling here because he thought as
!anthony he was banned so John63 was just a cover.
Same 3 guys no matter where they go or how they
spell.
He's got a ton of the same misspellings on deandc, to be fair.

fullquartpress

Reaction score

Did I get it right?

You've got it right, and the FG attempt wasn't the play call, until AFTER the timeout.
Even with 20 seconds, and 2 timeouts, I still would have told Russ to try another pass.
Russ had become confused, or maybe had taken a shot to the head, or was stunned by other previous head trauma.
If Russ really was dazed, I would have sent in Rypien to try for more yards, and a more reasonable FG attempt.
Where were the media, to ask, "was a FG really the play call with 59 seconds left?"

toffee

Reaction score
You've got it right, and the FG attempt wasn't the play call, until AFTER the timeout.
Even with 20 seconds, and 2 timeouts, I still would have told Russ to try another pass.
Russ had become confused, or maybe had taken a shot to the head, or was stunned by other previous head trauma.
If Russ really was dazed, I would have sent in Rypien to try for more yards, and a more reasonable FG attempt.
Where were the media, to ask, "was a FG really the play call with 59 seconds left?"
To my eyes, it was the strang that Russ didn't call a timeout so he can talk it over with the coaches. He called timeout then just walked past Hackett and didn't talk at all in those two timeouts.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
To my eyes, it was the strang that Russ didn't call a timeout so he can talk it over with the coaches. He called timeout then just walked past Hackett and didn't talk at all in those two timeouts.
When they did the hand slap when Wilson walked by, in a "good job, you've done your job" way, that's when I realized wow they are going to try for the FG right now. And my hopes for winning the game shot way up

toffee

Reaction score
I especially liked the tweet (or whatever) from the over ridden bronc fan who complained about losing last night "to a bottom feeder".
You know, they could follow up with another one to Texans :) If your one piece away from super bowl team losing to not one but two "bottom feeders", umm, aren't you the bottom feeder and not those two?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
You know, they could follow up with another one to Texans :) If your one piece away from super bowl team losing to not one but two "bottom feeders", umm, aren't you the bottom feeder and not those two?
Man, if Houston beats the Donkos, the legacy is over......

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I was kinda hoping some donks fan would melt down like this EPIC RANT!!!

There is NOTHING better than sports meltdown videos, NOTHING.

I came across a pretty good one from a Braves fan after the M's beat them to take 2 of 3. It seems like some of the more prolific ones involve losing to a Seattle team. Even when good, we don't really register to 90% of the lower 48 fanbase

chris98251

Reaction score
Hackett is on hot seat after first game, remember the new owners did not hire him. The whole explanation versus what everyone saw doesn't mesh well either.

Latest posts