Deebo Samuel Unfollows the 49ers on IG

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

And demands to be the highest paid non quarterback in the league. Ouch that has to sting if you're a 49er fan. Trade him for a 1st?

94Smith

Reaction score
He was injury prone the first couple years. Healthy last year. He was the main reason for the offensive turn around last season. I don't know if they get a deal done or not. They have paid Warner, Kittle, and Trent Williams big contracts in the past. Bosa is coming up as well. I guess this is the luxury of having a QB playing on a rookie contract, but I don't know if you pay Deebo that much money or if you try to find the "next Deebo"

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
He was injury prone the first couple years. Healthy last year. He was the main reason for the offensive turn around last season. I don't know if they get a deal done or not. They have paid Warner, Kittle, and Trent Williams big contracts in the past. Bosa is coming up as well. I guess this is the luxury of having a QB playing on a rookie contract, but I don't know if you pay Deebo that much money or if you try to find the "next Deebo"
You're still paying Jimmy G $25 mil tho so you still don't have that luxury. You'll have to pay out the a$$ to retain a talent like Deebo which, in-turn would detract from other key positions. DJ Jones was a freak for the 49ers and he already bounced for money.

Last edited:

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Injury prone and now he's displaying an extremely poor attitude. If his agent isn't unhappy with his insolence, he needs a new agent.

Heckuva talent. Runs like Percy Harvin. Acts like him too.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Deebo has been a treat to watch, even as a non-49ers fan, and every game he shows up multiple times in the highlights packages, doing something remarkable. Hard to say if other teams could utilize him as effectively as Shanahan has.

Does it hurt or help a player's value to do the social media "unfollow" thing? Man, that's almost a topic by itself. Drama queen, diva behavior, or smart business?

It's supposed to be a good year for WRs in the draft... Aiyuk was pretty solid, and isn't he still on his rookie contract? Or was his good year in large part because defenses were distracted so much focusing on Deebo?

Last edited:

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Injury prone and now he's displaying an extremely poor attitude. If his agent isn't unhappy with his insolence, he needs a new agent.

Heckuva talent. Runs like Percy Harvin. Acts like him too.
I really miss the old days of arguing who's better, Harvin or Crabtree; to compare Samuel to either is an insult to Samuel. IMO the better decision would be to not resign Kittle who hasn't been 2019 Kittle for 2 years and keep Samuel. The game playing with social media is just a standard negotiating ploy.

94Smith

Reaction score
You're still paying Jimmy G $25 mil tho so you still don't have that luxury. You'll have to pay out the a$$ to retain a talent like Deebo which, in-turn would detract from other key positions. DJ Jones was a freak for the 49ers and he already bounced for money.
Depends on how the deal is structured. If the cap hit is spread into year 2,3,4 it's no problem. DJ Jones was good, but also injury prone. DJ Jones was deemed expendable because Kinlaw is coming off his injury season last year. We' ll see

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Depends on how the deal is structured. If the cap hit is spread into year 2,3,4 it's no problem. DJ Jones was good, but also injury prone. DJ Jones was deemed expendable because Kinlaw is coming off his injury season last year. We' ll see
Kinlaw is another borderline top 15 pick bust. He gets bullied a lot and pancaked

94Smith

Reaction score
Kinlaw is another borderline top 15 pick bust. He gets bullied a lot and pancaked
Possibly. I'd like to see him play this year after his surgery before judging fully though. His Rookie season was pretty pedestrian and I think his knee was an issue late in that season going into training camp and early in his sophomore season. They shelved him and he had surgery week 5 I think? Supposedly he's feeling great, we'll see.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Possibly. I'd like to see him play this year after his surgery before judging fully though. His Rookie season was pretty pedestrian and I think his knee was an issue late in that season going into training camp and early in his sophomore season. They shelved him and he had surgery week 5 I think? Supposedly he's feeling great, we'll see.
If it's any consolation you did get Hyder back but a D-line consisting of Kinlaw and Hyder scares no one. Bosa more than likely wants out of the bay area. D Ford is ass. You guys need to trade Deebo and Bosa for a couple of early picks just to stay afloat. The good news is your Hyder jersey from 2 years ago is still good bro

Haha

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
Why would you say Bosa wants out of the Bay Area? I think he will just want to get paid. Dee Ford is unfortunately done as a football player due to his back. I am good using my Hyder jersey from 2 years ago as long as he has production like two years ago!

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Why would you say Bosa wants out of the Bay Area? I think he will just want to get paid. Dee Ford is unfortunately done as a football player due to his back. I am good using my Hyder jersey from 2 years ago as long as he has production like two years ago!
He’s from back East he’ll more than likely either bounce in free agency or demand a trade. The only thing really going for the 49ers is their coach. And with only 2 winning seasons under his belt out of 5, and looking at the lack of draft capital and cap space it’s going to be hard to compete. The good news is both Bosa and Deebo would garner early picks in a trade

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I really miss the old days of arguing who's better, Harvin or Crabtree; to compare Samuel to either is an insult to Samuel. IMO the better decision would be to not resign Kittle who hasn't been 2019 Kittle for 2 years and keep Samuel. The game playing with social media is just a standard negotiating ploy.
Yes. It was meant to be an insult. But it's easy to forget how good Harvin was before Moss poisoned his brain.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He’s from back East he’ll more than likely either bounce in free agency or demand a trade. The only thing really going for the 49ers is their coach. And with only 2 winning seasons under his belt out of 5, and looking at the lack of draft capital and cap space it’s going to be hard to compete. The good news is both Bosa and Deebo would garner early picks in a trade

Nick Bosa's brother Joey is from the same place (Ft. Lauderdale, FL), and he had no problem staying on the West Coast even when the Chargers weren't all that good. Neither Joey Bosa nor Nick Bosa had any problem going to college in Ohio, 1100 miles from their hometown. The Chargers made the playoffs just once before Joey Bosa signed his contract extension, and the extension followed a 5-11 season that came after the one time the Chargers made the playoffs (as a wildcard at 12-4) during Joey Bosa's rookie contract.

I dislike the Gold Diggers and wish them much losing, but I don't see any reason to think Nick Bosa will "more than likely either bounce in free agency or demand a trade." I'd love to see him leave the NFC West, but I haven't seen him expressing any unhappiness with the Gold Diggers. Is there any actual evidence to suggest Nick Bosa might want out of Santa Clara?

Also, as much as I dislike the Gold Diggers, I disagree with the statement that "[t]he only thing really going for the 49ers is their coach." First, I think Shanahan II is overrated. Second, the Diggers have a pretty strong team and while they're short on cap space right now, getting rid of Garoppolo would solve that problem, and they're in relatively good shape for the 2023 cap, and could make that situation even better with well-structured extensions for players like Nick Bosa. I'd very much like for the Gold Diggers to sink into irrelevance, but I also think we have to respect strong rivals, especially at a time when our own team is not considered strong.

Please note that I said Little Shanahan is "overrated," not "bad." He's gotten the team to the NFCCG twice and the Super Bowl once, and he even got them out to a ten-point lead in the Super Bowl with 17:35 remaining. That lead was still ten points until it became a three-point lead with 6:13 remaining. So the Diggers and their coach have gotten very close to winning a Super Bowl. The little guy under the big cap is not a bad coach (tho' he has his flaws), and the team still has a contender-worthy roster.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Nick Bosa's brother Joey is from the same place (Ft. Lauderdale, FL), and he had no problem staying on the West Coast even when the Chargers weren't all that good. Neither Joey Bosa nor Nick Bosa had any problem going to college in Ohio, 1100 miles from their hometown. The Chargers made the playoffs just once before Joey Bosa signed his contract extension, and the extension followed a 5-11 season that came after the one time the Chargers made the playoffs (as a wildcard at 12-4) during Joey Bosa's rookie contract.

I dislike the Gold Diggers and wish them much losing, but I don't see any reason to think Nick Bosa will "more than likely either bounce in free agency or demand a trade." I'd love to see him leave the NFC West, but I haven't seen him expressing any unhappiness with the Gold Diggers. Is there any actual evidence to suggest Nick Bosa might want out of Santa Clara?

Also, as much as I dislike the Gold Diggers, I disagree with the statement that "[t]he only thing really going for the 49ers is their coach." First, I think Shanahan II is overrated. Second, the Diggers have a pretty strong team and while they're short on cap space right now, getting rid of Garoppolo would solve that problem, and they're in relatively good shape for the 2023 cap, and could make that situation even better with well-structured extensions for players like Nick Bosa. I'd very much like for the Gold Diggers to sink into irrelevance, but I also think we have to respect strong rivals, especially at a time when our own team is not considered strong.

Please note that I said Little Shanahan is "overrated," not "bad." He's gotten the team to the NFCCG twice and the Super Bowl once, and he even got them out to a ten-point lead in the Super Bowl with 17:35 remaining. That lead was still ten points until it became a three-point lead with 6:13 remaining. So the Diggers and their coach have gotten very close to winning a Super Bowl. The little guy under the big cap is not a bad coach (tho' he has his flaws), and the team still has a contender-worthy roster.
Nobody lives in California on purpose, t's like an expensive version of Mexico