Dean Blandino

ivotuk

Reaction score
I mean this is a clear PI. Ridiculous no call man

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1473484971851591684[/tweet]

cymatica

Reaction score
You can't even use the excuse that they just missed the call. Everyone saw it, it was completely obvious, and the only reason not to call it is because it was a conscious decision not to call it.

People can argue the reasons why they chose not to call it, that's all subjective. But there is no logical argument to claim they just missed the call. Combined with all the other horrible calls, it's looks pretty obvious they wanted a Rams victory

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Dean Blandino is usually an apologist for lousy refereeing decisions but that decision and a few others certainly looked as if the league had mandated to the crew that the Hawks were to lose or that the Rams should be helped as much as possible.

There were quite a few other dubious calls and the unsportsmanlike penalty that followed to non PI call was truly nonsense.

The Hawks however were simply terrible on O as RW underthrew most of his passes or was regularly off target, making it tough for them to maintain any drive.

seabowl

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1qy4j1mx said:
Dean Blandino is usually an apologist for lousy refereeing decisions but that decision and a few others certainly looked as if the league had mandated to the crew that the Hawks were to lose or that the Rams should be helped as much as possible.

There were quite a few other dubious calls and the unsportsmanlike penalty that followed to non PI call was truly nonsense.

The Hawks however were simply terrible on O as RW underthrew most of his passes or was regularly off target, making it tough for them to maintain any drive.

Agree the loss is on the team as they did not play well on O.

With this said Blandino is just another in a line of blowhards that when working for the league defended every call but when working for the network will admit to mistakes being made. Same thing happened to the other guy before him (Mike Perierra) who was the head of officiating in 2005 and defended virtually all the calls in XL but when he went to work for the network, he would admit to wrong calls on the field.

IMO they should reinstitute allowing coaches to challenge PI calls for this exact reason.

Just a bad look for the NFL

rsRyno

Reaction score
seabowl":m3qrm15n said:
jammerhawk":m3qrm15n said:

Agree the loss is on the team as they did not play well on O.

With this said Blandino is just another in a line of blowhards that when working for the league defended every call but when working for the network will admit to mistakes being made. Same thing happened to the other guy before him (Mike Perierra) who was the head of officiating in 2005 and defended virtually all the calls in XL but when he went to work for the network, he would admit to wrong calls on the field.

IMO they should reinstitute allowing coaches to challenge PI calls for this exact reason.

Just a bad look for the NFL
Sadly the issue with the challenge is that even when we could they basically never reversed the call. It’s hard to argue that this wouldn’t have been reversed, it was too egregious, but I have a sneaky feeling that it wouldn’t have been. When the pass interference challenge was allowed the NFL directed the refs to never overturn the call unless it was a 100% no question call. This should have been one of those, but it also should’ve been one that was 100% without challenging.

The NFL needs to start holding these guys accountable for these kinds of calls/no calls and make them answer to those as well. Right now nobody’s allowed to second guess them cuz it hurts the “integrity of the game”; and that’s garbage.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't agree with challenging penalties, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone from the league office buzz down to the game officials and tell them they missed the call and get it right without slowing down the game.

rsRyno

Reaction score
Jerhawk":19u2cqr6 said:
I don't agree with challenging penalties, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone from the league office buzz down to the game officials and tell them they missed the call and get it right without slowing down the game.
⬆️ This right here. That’s what I feel should happen. No reason they can’t have someone doing this. At least call down when they see something clear like that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rsRyno":3ivu3brd said:
Jerhawk":3ivu3brd said:
⬆️ This right here. That’s what I feel should happen. No reason they can’t have someone doing this. At least call down when they see something clear like that.

Love this, but how do we know this guy is any less on the take than the refs on the field?

As has been said, that call wasnt missed last night, it was purposely not called. The extra guy upstairs can purposely not buzz down.

Accountability has to lie somewhere, but not sure where....

xray

Reaction score
Aren't these games long enough now ? . 3 phukin hours for 60 min. of ball . Challenge penalties ? What ?....give each HC 10 challenge flags to use at his discretion . BS :twisted:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
The only real fix is for officiating teams like Hochuli's to actually be punished. He and his team should be demoted and/or members fired. They're bad at their job.

This wasn't a 'close' call. It was about as obvious a PI call as there is and the official was RIGHT there. If he missed that, if nobody on his squad could see it, they don't know how to officiate. Fire them, demote them, fine them. Whatever, but something needs to happen.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Well, the NFL is an entertainment league, and the script must be kept on schedule. I do think it was an entertainment mistake to consciously not make the correct call there.

I never did see Penny's false start penalty that was a factor in killing the drive. I'll take the refs word for that one.

All told, the Hawks offense wasn't good enough, the Rams are still Russell's kryptonite, though I saw some small improvements. The D did OK, but there wasn't any margin for error against these Rams and the league's script, result = L.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL has had a known “officiating problem” going back decades.
No one is ever held accountable. Which tells me the NFL is happy with the results of shitty officiating.

Draw your own conclusions from there.

Latest posts