Dan Quinn

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2oujejo3 said:
2013-2014 and now 2016, Dan Quinn has been in 3 SBs in the last 4 years. That's a great record. Patriots are going to their 2nd SB within 4 years as well. Either Tom Brady gets his 5th ring to have the most SB wins, or Atlanta will finally have their first SB win. It's going to be a great game. I hope the Falcons win, because Ravens, Seahawks, and now another bird to get a win within the last 10 years.

I hope so too! He's a great coach. Gonna be an awesome game! :2thumbs:

rlkats

Reaction score
I hope the falcons take it also. But you can never count out that damn Brady. He just pulls crap out of his hat sometimes. Good luck FalconsFanNW

kobebryant

Reaction score
If DQ can, within a couple years of each other, go from that masterpiece against Peyton in the Super Bowl to beating Brady in a Super Bowl as HC, we're talking about putting him amongst the best 5 or so current football coaches on the planet IMO (BB,Saban,Urban,Pete, Dabo?,Harbs?).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm really happy for Quinn. He is cementing his standing as a great NFL coach. I'll be happy for the Falcons fans too to finally get a Championship: we know what that felt like not too long ago. Hope they can get it done!

Largent80

Reaction score
Lucked out into a great situation.

Already had a franchise QB and WR. Just had to fill in the rest and with a crappy record for a few years was able to do it.

HE didn't do it, his predecessors did. Not taking anything away from him, but great coach?

Whatever.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":73m6nntt said:
Lucked out into a great situation.

Already had a franchise QB and WR. Just had to fill in the rest and with a crappy record for a few years was able to do it.

HE didn't do it, his predecessors did. Not taking anything away from him, but great coach?

Whatever.

Can't agree.

After the run to the 2012 NFC championship game the Falcons went 4-12 in 2013 and 6-10 in 2014. Blank fired Mike Smith... brings in Quinn and they start 5-0 in 2015 before fading to 8-8... which can mostly be blamed on the offensive line, defense, and Ryan looking completely lost the 2nd half of the season in year 1 of Shanahan's offense.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/the-atl ... sorry-guys

Julio Jones commented last year "We've got a lot of the same guys from 2013/2014" so the improvement to 8-8 can definitely be credited to coaching.

Atlanta has also absolutely killed it in the draft the first 2 years under Quinn.

#1 Beasley LB
#2 Collins CB
#3 Coleman RB
#4 Hardy WR
#5 Jarrett DT

#1 Neal SS
#2 Jones LB
#3 Hooper TE
#4 Campbell LB

ALL of the above picks are starters for the 2016 Falcons.

Atlanta did have a franchise QB and WR. Beyond that the roster needed some work. Signing C Alex Mack added stability to the OL... Gabriel and Sanu were great additions to the offense. Freeney has added veteran leadership to an up and coming defense.

Quinn (and Shanahan) deserve all the credit for this season.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
^^^

I remember those days when almost all of the draft picks by Pete & John ended up being the starter. It's exciting for the fans. After a few years, roster becomes so competitive that you don't really see too many changes at core positions.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Exactly.

The drafts will start 'feeling' worse because there will be more and more young guys entrenched in core positions. It is a very good thing when a team becomes hard to make, but the Falcons will be forced into situations where they have to cut some players the caliber of Jaye Howard, Ron Parker and Kory Toomer.

Seafan

Reaction score
Informed Hawk fans knew this was coming. Dan had two stints with the Hawks. He had HC written all over him when he was a young DL coach with the Jets. The Hawks were blessed to have him twice.

Sign37now

Reaction score
The thought of Brady hoisting another Lombardi.. :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Go Falcons. It will be nice to see someone new get one for a change..

xgeoff

Reaction score
I like Dan Quinn and am so happy for him. Will be rooting hard for the Falcons in this one.