Cowboys Are The Epitome Of Paper Tigers

getnasty

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1yoq0td3 said:
getnasty":1yoq0td3 said:
The Cowboys are a good football team, they remind me a lot of us to be honest. good defense, run the ball, play action, moblie quarterback. In the first match we couldn't run the ball while the ran the ball real well. The big key was we won the turnover battle 3-0, not so sure were that lucky again and think it comes down to some Russell magic in the end.
????
Carson has 102 yards and a TD. I’m pretty sure Baldwin and KJ didn’t play in that game as well.

Dak Prescott is a human turnover machine if you have constant pressure on him, he starts seeing ghosts even when there isn’t pressure if you hit him early and often.

Carson did have 100 yards but only rushed for 3.2 ypc and since the Seattle game Dak has been a different guy. Baldwin didn't play, Amari Copper wasn't with the Cowboys. At the end of the day it's gonna be a tight game.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2u2mj6eg said:
getnasty":2u2mj6eg said:
The Cowboys are a good football team, they remind me a lot of us to be honest. good defense, run the ball, play action, moblie quarterback. In the first match we couldn't run the ball while the ran the ball real well. The big key was we won the turnover battle 3-0, not so sure were that lucky again and think it comes down to some Russell magic in the end.
????
Carson has 102 yards and a TD. I’m pretty sure Baldwin and KJ didn’t play in that game as well.

Dak Prescott is a human turnover machine if you have constant pressure on him, he starts seeing ghosts even when there isn’t pressure if you hit him early and often.

If Reed and Clark can get to Dak, this game isn't as close as it should be. I wanna see Poona get his first sack in a playoff game! Belly rub on national TV.

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawknation2018":rhu9uhjw said:
I’m not too impressed with the rest of the Cowboys LBs and safeties. I think the middle of the field is there for the taking on play action.

Vander Esch is a stud.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Their pass rush concerns me in that they have guys who can get to the QB and speed at LB to close on Russ as he scrambles away.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
2_0_6":x4h6ox11 said:
hawknation2018":x4h6ox11 said:
I’m not too impressed with the rest of the Cowboys LBs and safeties. I think the middle of the field is there for the taking on play action.

Vander Esch is a stud.
He is, but he’s still a rookie that gets out of position at times. Also doesn’t take stiff arms well (see him trying to tackle Giants running backs yesterday).

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3t9oagi1 said:
hawknation2018":3t9oagi1 said:
White Tigers
[tweet]https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1079553588291137537[/tweet]

So they'll be wearing as close to Seahawks road colors as possible. Nice!

Too bad the Seahawks won't be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As much as I despise the Cowboys they are a much improved team from the team our guys beat earlier this season. It is a mistake to underestimate them. Their W over NO was impressive and their D has become formidable.

This game will be a good game to watch, perhaps frustrating at times but those guys can be beat and this year’s team has shown a blueprint for doing it. If our boys can put the rub and heat on Prescott it will be a long day for the ‘girls.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Dallas is a 5 time SB champion who has not been to the big game since 1995 and they've not been to a conference final in that time frame, scattered wildcard & division losses. This is a huge game for Jerry and the Cowboy world, should be a good contest. Fingers crossed on the officiating.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
northseahawk":zckjy02j said:
hawknation2018":zckjy02j said:
White Tigers
[tweet]https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1079553588291137537[/tweet]

12s should wear their neon greens

Let's go and kick their arses in Wolf Grey - I say.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jammerhawk":24hx2lbr said:
As much as I despise the Cowboys they are a much improved team from the team our guys beat earlier this season. It is a mistake to underestimate them. Their W over NO was impressive and their D has become formidable.

This game will be a good game to watch, perhaps frustrating at times but those guys can be beat and this year’s team has shown a blueprint for doing it. If our boys can put the rub and heat on Prescott it will be a long day for the ‘girls.

Agreed. The thread was started largely in jest but I do believe the Cowboys are still a ways away from being the Seahawks even in our "retooling" year. It's not an indictment against the Cowboys as much as it is a testament to the Seahawks winning culture since Pete arrived. The Cowboys WANT SO BADLY to have the success we have had over the past 5 years.

I do think the Cowboys are much improved - as our we - from early in the season. That's why the game should be a lot of fun to watch. A 3 point or less victory either way won't surprise me at all. Like I said in another thread, the pressure is ALL on the Cowboys. The Seahawks are playing with house money in this one so we SHOULD come out relaxed, fired up and playing loose, fun football.

John63

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are what they are, a good team, that at times can play great if they stick with what should be their bread and butter, running the ball. Their defense plays well with a lead but not well from behind. Same with their offense. So the key is to get a lead. Having looked at some of their boards they feel the key is to keep Wilson, Carson and the offense off the field, and not let it stay close in the 4th, because they feel if it is close we will find a way to win.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
John63":1et2stsk said:
I think the Cowboys are what they are, a good team, that at times can play great if they stick with what should be their bread and butter, running the ball. Their defense plays well with a lead but not well from behind. Same with their offense. So the key is to get a lead. Having looked at some of their boards they feel the key is to keep Wilson, Carson and the offense off the field, and not let it stay close in the 4th, because they feel if it is close we will find a way to win.

Pretty astute and I would agree with them. They don't want a scenario where it's Seahawks 24 - Cowboys 26 with 1:48 left in the 4th and Russell has the football 1st down and 10 anywhere on the field.

Latest posts