Charger fan lurkers...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
They definitely played a better game. Congrats, and hopefully there will be a rematch again in February.

chawx

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2gvys81z said:
You guys won today, no excuses. We got our butts beat by a better team today.

keyword: Today.

Congrats to Whale's Vagina and to all fans of the Chargers, who can be happy for a little bit...

Sad thing is Rivers and the Chargers are probably going to make this loss look bad for us when December rolls around and the Chargers turn into s--- and fail in the playoffs, again.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
chawx":2uiuye6i said:
BlueTalon":2uiuye6i said:

Congrats to Whale's Vagina and to all fans of the Chargers, who can be happy for a little bit...

Sad thing is Rivers and the Chargers are probably going to make this loss look bad for us when December rolls around and the Chargers turn into s--- and fail in the playoffs, again.

Knowing the Chargers I wont be suprised if they struggle to barely make the playoffs...Seems like that team is as hot and cold as any other

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Yup. They made the plays and took advantage of the breaks. (2 fumbles recovered.) They did a bang up job.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
chawx":1jrqr4sc said:
BlueTalon":1jrqr4sc said:

What does that matter? This isn't college football.

chris98251

Reaction score
They had a plan and executed it, we kept it close but they prevailed, give them the credit for running us into the ground on defense and coming up with enough on defense to win it.

Good Game Chargers, you taught this team a lesson early and they won't forget, to bad the other 14 games left in the season are going to pay the penalty.

Donk70

Reaction score
You guys wanted it more than we did. You were the better team. We have some stuff to fix.

dusktreader

Reaction score
Rivers looked immaculate today. I kept waiting for him to force a pass into coverage and give us a pick. Didn't happen. Your team wore our defense out and punished every single mistake we made. Great game, and I look forward to watching the Chargers mix it up in the AFC this year.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Yup, Chargers were the better team. Man, their D was smokin' hot in some of those series. Wish we had run the ball more.
Congrats to the Chargers. Now, what's next.....oh yeah, the Broncs.

papagallo

Reaction score
Charger lurker here. Thanks for the classy words regarding the loss. You guys will end up a better team for it. Quite frankly there was NO CHARGER FAN on any of our message boards that felt too confident in our chances today. Most of us were assuming that the Bolts would be in it for three quarters only to have the Hawks pull away from us in the 4th. Heck I was rooting the entire day for the Bolts, but my predicted score was Seattle 31 San Diego 17. I got chastised for not picking the bolts on other message boards, but I am a realist. Glad I was wrong, of course. At any rate, you guys will learn from it and end up throttling virtually everyone else the rest of the year. Dare I say Skip Bayless was right? He predicted you guys would go 15-1 and your lone loss would be in week 2 against the Bolts.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
papagallo":2al3fw84 said:
Charger lurker here. Thanks for the classy words regarding the loss. You guys will end up a better team for it. Quite frankly there was NO CHARGER FAN on any of our message boards that felt too confident in our chances today. Most of us were assuming that the Bolts would be in it for three quarters only to have the Hawks pull away from us in the 4th. Heck I was rooting the entire day for the Bolts, but my predicted score was Seattle 31 San Diego 17. I got chastised for not picking the bolts on other message boards, but I am a realist. Glad I was wrong, of course. At any rate, you guys will learn from it and end up throttling virtually everyone else the rest of the year. Dare I say Skip Bayless was right? He predicted you guys would go 15-1 and your lone loss would be in week 2 against the Bolts.

Welcome to the board. Your prediction was how a lot of us predicted it too. And quite frankly, it's how the game should have gone. We've seen numerous times where the team has looked ugly and flat the first half, but hung in just like we did in this game. And then they come out after halftime and look like a completely different, much more dominant team. It just didn't happen this time, and it boggles the mind as to why.

That said, Rivers and Gates both had stellar games--some of the best I've seen. Rivers's performance was off-the-charts good, and he didn't make the mental mistakes many were sure he would. And Gates absolutely destroyed the middle of the field and the end zone. Hats off to ya. You guys deserved this win.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's not like SD is a bad team...their biggest lost last season was 10 points to the Raiders in an anomaly of a game. They beat Denver by a TD and lost to them by a TD twice. They just have trouble putting all of the pieces together sometimes. They were basically the inverse of Seattle last season, losing all of the close games instead of winning them.

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20 but this is a team that won a road playoff game last year. They weren't going to just lie down and accept an 0-2 start this year without putting up a fight.