Charbs vision

PhxPhin

Reaction score
I think he's doing better tonight, but I've noticed it all season - just not sure if it's the blocking but going to the play or if he's not seeing the blocking

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's not his vision so much as it's his style, to my eyes. He's not gonna make a lot of those holes.

He's not perfect at reading yet but I don't have as big of an issue with his vision as I do K9's

PhxPhin

Reaction score
He's not as twitchy, just that sometimes the cut and go has 2 lane options - one with a hole and the other with a lineman's butt ...... He too frequently takes the later

Again, don't know what leads to it - could be good instructions, blocking scheme, rookie stuff or vision ..... It's just noticable

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is slow. Once he gets up to speed he gets yards and is hard to stop. But if he tries to change direction he loses momentum and then becomes essentially worthless.

Great short yardage back, great receiver, great YAC guy. Damned near worthless for actually running the ball through but our starting back is injured so we are stuck. He's doing what he can, but he really isn't an everydown back.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Think he’s just a rookie. And with more time will start seeing the field as the game slows down.

Chapow

Reaction score
To me, he looks like a guy that gets as much as his blocking gives him and very rarely any more than that.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He gets less than his blocking gets him, because the hole closes before he gets there. But he gets you 1-2 yds on momentum if he hits the hole. You notice DJ looked faster and got more yards when he carried?
That isn't an accident. DJ is slow but Charbs is SLLOOWW. (More not quick, he can run fast if he gets up to top speed.)

If you aren't passing him the ball or using him as an outlet receiver there really is no reason to start him over DJ though.