Bryce Miller dominates in debut

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bryce Miller dominates in debut, Mariners come back to beat A’s 2-1

Seattle’s Bryce Miller, born Aug. 23, 1998, retired his first 16 batters in his major league debut before Tony Kemp singled on a shoulder-high pitch in the sixth. After a wild pitch and a flyout, Esteury Ruiz hit an RBI double to put Oakland ahead.

Bryce Miller thought about his perfect-game bid at Double-A.

“My last game of the year last year, I think I went into the sixth, as well, but it’s a little different here,” he said. “This is probably a little cooler.”

Bryce Miller struck out 10 in six innings, allowing one run and two hits. His 10 strikeouts were the most in a Mariners debut.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Nothing to be amazed about, but let's see how he does in the next 5-6 games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Right on Queue. Or in this case, Q. Something positive happened for a Mariners player, I MUST PUT A STOP TO IT!!! His MLB debut, and a perfect game thru 5, and you STILL wanna shoot it down. News flash: What he did in his dubut WAS amazing, period.
NOBODY is claiming this team is really good so far, none of us. Plenty of work to do. ALL of us are frustrated with management, all of us.

Congrats. You and Timd are one in the same. You guys literally seem MAD if the Mariners win and/or do something good. I feel bad for you honestly.

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
Right on Queue. Or in this case, Q. Something positive happened for a Mariners player, I MUST PUT A STOP TO IT!!! His MLB debut, and a perfect game thru 5, and you STILL wanna shoot it down. News flash: What he did in his dubut WAS amazing, period.
NOBODY is claiming this team is really good so far, none of us. Plenty of work to do. ALL of us are frustrated with management, all of us.

Congrats. You and Timd are one in the same. You guys literally seem MAD if the Mariners win and/or do something good. I feel bad for you honestly.

LOL

I'm not mad that Miller dominated his debut.

All I'm saying is that it's a little OVERRATED.

Rookie Pitcher's I have seen them go 2-4 games and giving up 0 runs. And everyone is so AWE and SHOCKED AND AMAZED. But once they get in the scouting report, BOOM they go from 0.00 ERA to 5 ERA Player.

And were talking about Oakland A's....

Cmon.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
LOL

Rookie Pitcher's I have seen them go 2-4 games and giving up 0 runs. And everyone is so AWE and SHOCKED AND AMAZED. But once they get in the scouting report, BOOM they go from 0.00 ERA to 5 ERA Player.

Cmon.
As long he stays in the rotation and bumps off pitchers like Flex and Marco I'm happy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
LOL

Cmon.
Fair enough. And answer me this question: What's wrong with being excited about a great outing in someone's first ever MLB start?

Why does it bother you so much? Can't we just have nice things once in awhile? :ROFLMAO:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The kid was cash money last night.
Fair enough. And answer me this question: What's wrong with being excited about a great outing in someone's first ever MLB start?

Why does it bother you so much? Can't we just have nice things once in awhile? :ROFLMAO:
Nothing is wrong with it all. Kid pitches stellar and deserved a win, but that’s on the bats not showing up. You just wanted him to keep you in the game, and his performance far exceeded that.

I suggest putting folks that overreact on ignore. I have a few on ignore, it works.

QWERTY

Reaction score
The kid was cash money last night.

Nothing is wrong with it all. Kid pitches stellar and deserved a win, but that’s on the bats not showing up. You just wanted him to keep you in the game, and his performance far exceeded that.

I suggest putting folks that overreact on ignore. I have a few on ignore, it works.

Im pretty sure this troll is a troll but for example. I'm born and raised in Hawaii.

My friends were so stoked on Jordan Yamamoto giving 0 Runs in his first 2 games.

For me, I was really skeptical. The month of July he was pitching an 1.57 ERA.

August and September he was pitching and had an ERA around 6.

And then they said he will be one of the starters next season. So they did place a bet on him, and it wasn't pretty. After the 13 runs he gave against the Braves in 3 innings...... Ouch.

Pretty much what I'm saying is I'm glad for Miller. Hope it continues, but Mi not the guy who praises people so fast, and then their production goes bad. Hence why I SAID BEFORE LET JULIO PLAY IT OUT NEXT SEASON AND THEN GIVE HIM A CONTRACT IF HE DOES WELL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Most impressive stat in Bryce Miller’s start, beside the 10k’s was the ZERO walks. Very George Kirby like, and that’s a good thing.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
mlbpipeline and everyone else seems to think it's pretty amazing.

☑️ Most K's in an MLB debut in @Mariners history "Nothing to be amazed about."

☑️ 7th pitcher since 1961 to log at least 5 perfect innings in 1st start "Overrated"

MLB's No. 88 prospect Bryce Miller struck out 10 in a dominant first taste of the big leagues. "Yeah but..." :poop:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Im pretty sure this troll is a troll but for example. I'm born and raised in Hawaii.

My friends were so stoked on Jordan Yamamoto giving 0 Runs in his first 2 games.

For me, I was really skeptical. The month of July he was pitching an 1.57 ERA.

August and September he was pitching and had an ERA around 6.

And then they said he will be one of the starters next season. So they did place a bet on him, and it wasn't pretty. After the 13 runs he gave against the Braves in 3 innings...... Ouch.

Pretty much what I'm saying is I'm glad for Miller. Hope it continues, but Mi not the guy who praises people so fast, and then their production goes bad. Hence why I SAID BEFORE LET JULIO PLAY IT OUT NEXT SEASON AND THEN GIVE HIM A CONTRACT IF HE DOES WELL.
I have to wonder if you thought the same of Kirby?
I knew he was different right off the start,it was obvious to see.
I know Miller isn't going to be great every time but he has arrived and really
should be a step or two above Flex..You can see he has the talent to be even
more.

Last edited:

QWERTY

Reaction score
Let me give an another example.

Freddy Peralta. Obviously not Mariners but his debut 0 ERA and 13 K's.
I have to wonder if you thought the same of Kirby?
I knew he was different right of the start,it was obvious to see.
I know Miller isn't going to be great every time but he has arrived and really
should be a step or two above Flex..You can see he has the talent to be even
more.
Kirby will be a decent #3 pitcher.

Flex is terrible. There is high expectations for Miller but again I would like to see how he does in his next 5 starts.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Let me give an another example.

Freddy Peralta. Obviously not Mariners but his debut 0 ERA and 13 K's.

Kirby will be a decent #3 pitcher.

Flex is terrible. There is high expectations for Miller but again I would like to see how he does in his next 5 starts.
Kirby is more like a 2 in my book but each to their own..
I can't stand Flex either,I don't know what happened to the guy of 2 yrs ago.

bileever

Reaction score
Amazing game by Bryce Miller the other day. I'm just amazed that he was able to make the jump from Double A ball. And surprised that the Mariners would do that--is that the new normal? I assumed that with McGee getting hurt after his great start that they'd go back to Tommy Milone for that 5th spot in the rotation.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Amazing game by Bryce Miller the other day. I'm just amazed that he was able to make the jump from Double A ball. And surprised that the Mariners would do that--is that the new normal? I assumed that with McGee getting hurt after his great start that they'd go back to Tommy Milone for that 5th spot in the rotation.
No he was the best pitching prospect that they had.

It could be a good thing or a bad thing who knows.

Turtle

Reaction score
Then there's this gem:

Though the numbers are just from one appearance, analysis from Statcast showed Miller's fastball has the most extreme vertical movement of any pitch in the majors, "rising" 4.7 inches more than the average fastball.

Hope the kid kicks more ass today with his home debut.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Then there's this gem:

Though the numbers are just from one appearance, analysis from Statcast showed Miller's fastball has the most extreme vertical movement of any pitch in the majors, "rising" 4.7 inches more than the average fastball.

Hope the kid kicks more ass today with his home debut.
That’s pretty impressive.