Brooks ranks Wilson 4th best QB

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
253hawk":2qr1zz0g said:
Brady wouldn't last a full season in the NFC. Come to think of it, neither would Manning. AFC has some cushy divisions over there that have prolonged their success.
Well this is quite silly. Hating is fine but ignorance isn't, even when talking about confirmed cheaters.

253hawk

Reaction score
Who says it's hating? Excuse me for having a subjective opinion. The AFC South and East have been one-team divisions for a decade now. The other three are just inert filler.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":zb4cdn7a said:
253hawk":zb4cdn7a said:
Brady wouldn't last a full season in the NFC. Come to think of it, neither would Manning. AFC has some cushy divisions over there that have prolonged their success.

Lets see,

Brady: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits//
NFC: 41-12 (.707) NFC record, 63.21% completion %, 95.5 passer rating
AFC: 119-37 (.689) AFC record, 64.26% completion %, 96.8 passer rating

Manning: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/splits/
NFC: 43-21 (.512) NFC record, 67.03% completion %, 102.0 passer rating
AFC: 136-56 (.582) AFC record, 64.99% completion %, 96.0 passer rating

Brady on stats alone seems to play a little stronger in his career against the NFC compared to the AFC. A little opposite for Manning. My opinion is they would have done just fine if they were in the NFC all those years.

Ahh that is true except the question is could he last a whole year in the NFC 8+ top 10 defenses, behind out pourus oline with our lack luster Wr in our system. Add to that there is a difference in seeing someone once every 3-4 years and seeing them every year. Neither Manning nor Brady have been in the NFC and as such when they play teams that team has only seen them once in 3-4 years, except for SB. Huge difference. I too think if they were in the NFC they would not last, especially on our team

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1b4oo0i3 said:
Who says it's hating? Excuse me for having a subjective opinion. The AFC South and East have been one-team divisions for a decade now. The other three are just inert filler.

I was always under the impression it was due to the lack of offense production and not defense production that caused those 2 divisions to favor the Pats and Colts for so many years?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3pr56pts said:
253hawk":3pr56pts said:

I was always under the impression it was due to the lack of offense production and not defense production that caused those 2 divisions to favor the Pats and Colts for so many years?

Who is the best QB outside of Brady and Manning to play in those 2 division in the last 10 or so years? Anyone? Is it...Sanchez? Tannehill? Matt schaub? Hasselbeck for like 2 years?

Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Jags, Texans and Titans have all had a long period of average or below average QB play.

In fact part of the reason why I think the AFC sucks as a whole is because you have your top 4 QBs who make the playoffs virtually every year with the Pats, Steelers, Colts, and Ravens and then the 2 other teams are just garbage filler who have no chance. With Manning going to the Broncos you can add them into the mix too. I would be shocked if any of those teams miss the playoffs next year although if it happens it will be either the Steelers or Ravens because they have to constantly battle eachother every year for the division.

The Chargers are always the closest possible team to making the playoffs every year it seems but somehow they choke and miss the playoffs every single year despite Rivers being a good QB. The Chargers are the Cowboys of the AFC and Rivers is the AFC version of Romo

The last team from the AFC that didnt have Brady, Manning, Big Ben or Flacco manning the QB position was in 2003 with Gannon and the Raiders. Gannon was pretty darn good that year though. 418/618 67.6% 4,689yard 26TD/10INT The sad part is the 2 years prior once again were the Ravens and Pats.

So in 15 superbowls....only 1 of those superbowls didnt feature Pats, Colts/Broncos(manning), Steelers or Ravens..that is just..beyond insane...the AFC is DEF not PARITY. Correct me if im wrong but the NFC side had 11 or 12 teams I think in that same stretch of time make the superbowl. The only teams I can think of who havent made it from the NFC side since around 2000 are the Vikings, Lions, Redskins and Cowboys which is kind of sad for the Vikings because they have been LIGHT YEARS ahead of those 3 other teams IMO..3 NFCC losses?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kearly":5rkj9jy0 said:
Reading Brooks list, it seems he's basing his rankings on how much a QB elevates his team. Not many QBs make their teammates look better than Wilson does. Wilson's mental toughness and ability to rally is off the charts- no other QB has been tougher to beat. Based on those criteria, #4 is a very fair ranking.
YEP^^^^
Wilson gives a hell of a boost to the culminated numbers in the Seahawks running game.
He's also not given near enough credit for getting it done without having super stud Receivers to throw to.
Wilson is one of the best all-around Quarterbacks playing right now.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3p63utox said:
Bigbadhawk":3p63utox said:
253hawk":3p63utox said:

Lets see,

Brady on stats alone seems to play a little stronger in his career against the NFC compared to the AFC. A little opposite for Manning. My opinion is they would have done just fine if they were in the NFC all those years.

Ahh that is true except the question is could he last a whole year in the NFC 8+ top 10 defenses, behind out pourus oline with our lack luster Wr in our system. Add to that there is a difference in seeing someone once every 3-4 years and seeing them every year. Neither Manning nor Brady have been in the NFC and as such when they play teams that team has only seen them once in 3-4 years, except for SB. Huge difference. I too think if they were in the NFC they would not last, especially on our team

Using the 2 most common stats for determining top ranked NFL defenses here is the break down of the number of top 10 defenses per conference for the last decade.

Yards/Game AFC: 6 NFC: 4
Points/Game AFC: 6 NFC: 4

Yards/Game AFC: 4 NFC: 6
Points/Game AFC: 5 NFC: 5

Yards/Game AFC: 7 NFC: 3
Points/Game AFC: 7 NFC: 3

Yards/Game AFC: 5 NFC: 5

Points/Game AFC: 8 NFC: 2

Yards/Game AFC: 3 NFC: 7

8+ NFC top 10 defenses? Not sure I see what your preaching. As far as the assumption on how well those 2 would do playing for the Hawks there is no telling how they would have drafted differently or worked FA differently to work the rest of the team to their strengths and to help minimize their weaknesses.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
253hawk":3jbamx3a said:
You do understand it runs in cycles right? When I got interested in the NFL it was all about the AFC in general vs. the NFCE.

Why not let the sabeermetrics guys argue this out given you aren't winning your argument among us regular fans currently anyway.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":310hnpwi said:
253hawk":310hnpwi said:
You do understand it runs in cycles right? When I got interested in the NFL it was all about the AFC in general vs. the NFCE.

Why not let the sabeermetrics guys argue this out given you aren't winning your argument among us regular fans currently anyway.

I dont see how running in cycles means anything since he was talking about those 2 division while Brady and Manning are playing in them. And it is true. Sure occasionally one of the other teams has a good year, like the Jets with Sanchez, but for the most part they have been average at best and their QBs must be the worst outside of Brady and Manning than any other 2 divisions.

When you have only 4 teams dominating the entire AFC for nearly 15 years the AFC is obv weak and has no depth

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":bwjaovr5 said:
Anthony!":bwjaovr5 said:
Bigbadhawk":bwjaovr5 said:
253hawk":bwjaovr5 said:

Lets see,

Using the 2 most common stats for determining top ranked NFL defenses here is the break down of the number of top 10 defenses per conference for the last decade.

Points/Game AFC: 7 NFC: 3

Points/Game AFC: 8 NFC: 2

Yards/Game AFC: 3 NFC: 7

8+ NFC top 10 defenses? Not sure I see what your preaching. As far as the assumption on how well those 2 would do playing for the Hawks there is no telling how they would have drafted differently or worked FA differently to work the rest of the team to their strengths and to help minimize their weaknesses.

When I looked up the DVOA by defense in 2014 they were tied AFC 5-NFC 5, but if your pointing out yards/game and points/game i think its skewed by the strength of schedule.

I don't know if Anthony! was assuming that if Brady/Manning was playing against the NFC West he would have to play em twice a year so that's 6 games plus two other top defenses, but that's hard to come by since last year Wilson played against the the NFC West twice, Denver (AFC) and Eagles who were the top 10 defense on DVOA, so Wilson had to play 8 times against top 10 defenses, but one was from the AFC. Now if you counted the playoffs too then yes we would have played against 8 top 10 defenses in the Panthers last year.