Brock Purdy had the repair. 6 mo timeline

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Good for him. I thought he would need more extensive repair. Hope there aren't qny set backs, and he can make it back for the start of the season.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
kyle shanahan praying that purdy is back week 1 so trey lance can stay on the bench

94Smith

Reaction score
Reports are that he can begin throwing 3 months after repair. We'll see. Best to take the time he needs rather than rush back.

James in PA

Reaction score
Im still not sold on Purdy. He was surrounded by a lot of talent and the league hasn't had enough time yet to figure him out.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Im still not sold on Purdy. He was surrounded by a lot of talent and the league hasn't had enough time yet to figure him out.
That is also my take, the team carried him, I don't see him as a long term solution in the NFL, a one hit wonder.. He wasn't overlooked by everyone by accident..

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Purdy ain’t bad but he’s certainly not Marino. I hope they start Trey Lance that’s going to be funny watching it unfold

hawker84

Reaction score
That is also my take, the team carried him, I don't see him as a long term solution in the NFL, a one hit wonder.. He wasn't overlooked by everyone by accident..
Carried him? That's hilarious, dude made play after play. Give the man some credit, he came in and did a great job. As a Hawks fan I did not like seeing that, but I had to give the man his props. Had he not been knocked out early, it could have very easily been the niners in the SB, not eagles. One hit wonder, you have zero facts to back that claim.. just silly.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Carried him? That's hilarious, dude made play after play. Give the man some credit, he came in and did a great job. As a Hawks fan I did not like seeing that, but I had to give the man his props. Had he not been knocked out early, it could have very easily been the niners in the SB, not eagles. One hit wonder, you have zero facts to back that claim.. just silly.
Let's meet here one year from today and then see who predicted correctly. He did Ok in his limited number of games, mostly because you could have done as well with the team that surrounded him. He may turn out to be a star, he may not, the sample is too small to know at this point.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Let's meet here one year from today and then see who predicted correctly. He did Ok in his limited number of games, mostly because you could have done as well with the team that surrounded him. He may turn out to be a star, he may not, the sample is too small to know at this point.

Purdy’s comp is Bryce Young. They Are similar in processor speed and football iq.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I can see the 49ers using one of their late 3rd round comp picks on a guy like O’Connell, Stetson Bennett of Haener. Purdy will be their only competent quarterback on roster unless they draft one or add a cheap vet qb

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
I figure Purdy and Smith are in the same boat here if you look at how much NFL success they've enjoyed. Seems odd that people would suggest the 32 year old guy has a better future than the 23 year old guy. Maybe it's dyslexia.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I figure Purdy and Smith are in the same boat here if you look at how much NFL success they've enjoyed. Seems odd that people would suggest the 32 year old guy has a better future than the 23 year old guy. Maybe it's dyslexia.
No it’s called vision and stats. Geno is a top 10 ranked QB index quarterback. Geno throws dots. Purdy is a set play system quarterback

olyfan63

Reaction score
No it’s called vision and stats. Geno is a top 10 ranked QB index quarterback. Geno throws dots. Purdy is a set play system quarterback
As Hawker84 noted above, Purdy made play after play, including a bunch of off-script ones. He'll be even better this year with the benefit of more experience. I wanted to dismiss Purdy as a system QB also, but the evidence is overwhelming that he's simply a very good QB at the NFL level. Granted, the 49ers strong running game helps him a lot, but Purdy simply made the right reads and the right throws over and over again, and won games through HIS play as much as the team's play.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
As Hawker84 noted above, Purdy made play after play, including a bunch of off-script ones. He'll be even better this year with the benefit of more experience. I wanted to dismiss Purdy as a system QB also, but the evidence is overwhelming that he's simply a very good QB at the NFL level. Granted, the 49ers strong running game helps him a lot, but Purdy simply made the right reads and the right throws over and over again, and won games through HIS play as much as the team's play.
Purdy is great I’ve always stated that. Great poise in the pocket, makes good decisions and had a ton of P5 experience coming in as a rookie. Darnold is now their best quarterback however, as funny as it sounds he’s not bad he’s a step below Drew Lock but definitely serviceable in their system. He has a bazooka arm

olyfan63

Reaction score
Purdy is great I’ve always stated that. Great poise in the pocket, makes good decisions and had a ton of P5 experience coming in as a rookie. Darnold is now their best quarterback however, as funny as it sounds he’s not bad he’s a step below Drew Lock but definitely serviceable in their system. He has a bazooka arm
Darnold was indeed surprisingly good for Carolina at the end of the year. He also had the benefit of Carolina's strong running game that pretty much bulldozed Seattle into submission. (Don't even recall who Carolina's QB was that game, they hardly threw it at all, only remember they smash-mouthed their way down the field multiple times and crushed our D's soul that game.

I'd expect a healthy Purdy to be QB1 incoming, but, with the injury and rehab, all bets are off. I still say Purdy gets the nod if healthy. He's just so smart with the ball, rarely makes a negative play, just wins, executing Shanahan's system very well and making enough off-script plays when he has to.

hawker84

Reaction score
I agree with everything you're saying, but that does not demish what he did on the field last season. His team did not carry him, he went out and performed at a high level week after week... based on those performances, you cannot consider him just another one hit wonder.