Brian Schottenheimer

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Is the CO-MVP with Wilson today. Really good game called, best offensive game-plan I've seen from a Seahawks offense in awhile. The pass plays in particular had nuance that I don't think I've seen from a Seahawks offense since Holmgren. His play that he dialed up for Hollister at the goal line was a thing of beauty. Absolutely no defending it. He set up plays beautifully, and had very good situational awareness.

I noticed that Lockett was moved around the field quite a bit, I saw a lot of him in the slot, and really nice usage of the pick play, which is something I've not seen from the Schottenheimer Seahawks offense. I think we're going to see more of this when Gordon is on the field. We were also able to run against a strong run defense -- a lot of it because of really good playcalls on the part of Schottenheimer. My hat is off to him today.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Agreed. It was a pleasure to watch also. I'm so glad I'm not yelling at the tv anymore to get Russ to get rid of the ball. Whatever Shotty has done with Russ in that regard has worked beautifully. What a jump from last season to this one!

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1iw39qeo said:
Is the CO-MVP with Wilson today. Really good game called, best offensive game-plan I've seen from a Seahawks offense in awhile. The pass plays in particular had nuance that I don't think I've seen from a Seahawks offense since Holmgren. His play that he dialed up for Hollister at the goal line was a thing of beauty. Absolutely no defending it. He set up plays beautifully, and had very good situational awareness.

I noticed that Lockett was moved around the field quite a bit, I saw a lot of him in the slot, and really nice usage of the pick play, which is something I've not seen from the Schottenheimer Seahawks offense. I think we're going to see more of this when Gordon is on the field. We were also able to run against a strong run defense -- a lot of it because of really good playcalls on the part of Schottenheimer. My hat is off to him today.

Agreed he called a great game.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ievy5ez said:

But Schottenheimers holding RW back, it's his fault RW doesn't have 40 TDs and 6k yards already this year.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
BigMeach":1hvwrxae said:
Spin Doctor":1hvwrxae said:

But Schottenheimers holding RW back, it's his fault RW doesn't have 40 TDs and 6k yards already this year.
Schottenheimer is a strange beast. He can be creative, and call some very good games. On the other hand sometimes he can be his own worst enemy at times where he refuses to adapt, and decides to send the offense into the stone age. I think a lot of it is Schottenheimer is a rank and file guy that won't really deviate from the game-plan unless the HC explicitly tells him to.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’m a critic of Schotty but I really have no issue with the offensive play calling today. I wonder if they played to plan or if the first drive TB and the ease of it changed the plan.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we're a season and a half into the Schotty era. I'm not really surprised we're seeing new stuff from him.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maybe Pete has come around to the fact that his conservative risk adverse offense to win with the defense game plan won’t work with the current roster? Maybe Shott got the okay to unleash the offense?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Wilson dropping dimes in the prime of his career makes Schotty look better than he is.

He and Pete just have to get out of their own way and let him play w/o being handcuffed.

It was great to see them attack the Bucs weakness though. Something they don't usually do.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Smellyman":1v379e4c said:
It was great to see them attack the Bucs weakness though. Something they don't usually do.

That is the truth!! Find the rookie DB and force him to make plays or get burned.
So awesome to see us doing it to others instead of only having it done to us.

emurri

Reaction score
I have to say I have been pleased with the offense and think Schottenheimer has done a really nice job the past few years. I think he and Wilson are on same page and working well together. I remember a lot of people wanted Joe Deflippo (sp) and I am glad with the way things have turned out.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Smellyman":3hmljlxl said:
Wilson dropping dimes in the prime of his career makes Schotty look better than he is.

He and Pete just have to get out of their own way and let him play w/o being handcuffed.

You don't see how much better Russ is under Shotty than he was under Bevell?

That's kind of pathetic you won't give Shotty his props. The announcers were going on about how well designed some of our plays were.

But a lot of immature fans do that, they only notice the OC when plays don't work :roll:

ttown0026

Reaction score
Man, what an improvement from last year.

He has had a fantastic year, and deserves a ton of credit.

I was one of his biggest critics last year, but he has completely changed my opinion of him.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I don't think Schotty is as creative an X's and O's guy as Bevell but he is a far better play caller and QB mentor. His passing plays are a bit more rudimentary but at least he has checkoffs and protection calls that keep Russ a bit more upright. His RZ offense is pretty awesome. We rarely fail to get in for the TD. I wish he was calling plays in XLIX.

Him and Russ basically ran three consecutive game winning drives (only to have the defense and special teams fail on their end). Tough enough to do that once, let alone 3 straight times.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I frankly doubt it until he wins something like the division or the conference by clearly demonstrating sold game plans.

There is little doubt that Russell was set free yesterday.

In all the O doesn't look bad at times and Schotty has shown he's alright as an OC. I do think the backup depth at WR is lacking and both of Brown and Moore could be on the bubble. I like the brief appearances from Turner who looks as if he should get more PT.

Carson needs to work harder on ball security. Schotty needs to get after his position coach to dog Carson every practice to ensure he doesn't fumble again.