Bobby Wagner is a Ram

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I haven't often seen Donald covering an outlet. I guess he can occasionally penetrate and blow up screens before the ball gets out.

However, Al Woods is a superb block eater, and he probably had his best year in 2021. Didn't matter.

Linemen routinely get to the 2nd level of our defense on screens, Wagner's going to be in hog heaven playing behind Donald blowing up plays and taking up 2-3 blockers.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yep.

Not going to lie. Wagner is going to be fun to watch playing on the Rams.

Don't be shocked if he ends the season as on the All Pro team. He is going to stack stats with Donald taking 2 guys from the OL regularly.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
His legs are pretty shot.

I'm actually impressed that he got this kind of money. Think this is better for both parties.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
The thing about his contract though…..need to see the actual breakdown of the numbers. It is likely structured as a 2 year deal with little cap hit after the second year. Years 3-5 are more likely never intended to be seen.

JPatera76

Reaction score
i dont hate bobby, but damn I hate the rams and how they seem to constantly have this magical unlimited cap constantly. lol Screw them. But hey whatever, I gave up on the NFL when they announced the sports betting partnership. dumpster ass mess at this point is the WWE with pads to protect them as they "go into battle with their brothers" (which i also hate when they say, as a vet i want to slap the f outta them.)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Got a way longer term than I'd thought he'd get. Do the Rams have a salary cap??? I know they are being billed as a new legacy squad but how do they sign all these guys? Anyway this isn't seahawk related.

QWERTY

Reaction score
People really think Wagner would do well with the Rams?

Wagner can't cover anyone, yet only thing he is good at is blitzing.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Rams will be good this year and next, and then they will fall off a cliff, relatively speaking. And we will be ascending.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bobby's ability to cover really sagged off since signing his last deal and obviously with the knee injury. Still great base player but he got abused by some of the most pedestrian dudes on drag routes last year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for Wagner when he isn't playing us, but this is one contract in particular where the specific terms and language are going to be everything.

I very much doubt that Wagner is going to be earning 65m over 5 years and I suspect that being his own agent isn't going to have worked out well for him here once the full details are out.

Many here will remember when Okung went through a similar thing, signing a 5 year/$53 million deal as his own agent with the Broncos only to be released after one year and $8m with no further money coming.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
He could have gone anywhere, but he decided to go to the Rams? Oh come on!

Chapow

Reaction score
People really think Wagner would do well with the Rams?

Wagner can't cover anyone, yet only thing he is good at is blitzing.

That would explain why he was an All Pro last season and 3rd in the entire NFL with 170 tackles. Because the only thing he's good at is blitzing.

C'mon man...

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Any team but the lambs. This one hurt for two reasons. He was the ramrod of our team defensively and will be a hall of famer one day. But...going to the Lambs gutted me. I hate the Rams. I wish him the best. He is one my favorite players. The season just got tougher for us.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
If the Rams get bounced next year and don’t win another chip, which is likely the scenario then the Wagner signing will look ridiculous. Brooks is just so much faster and quicker it isn’t even funny

zhawk

Reaction score
I'll be rooting for Wagner when he isn't playing us, but this is one contract in particular where the specific terms and language are going to be everything.

I very much doubt that Wagner is going to be earning 65m over 5 years and I suspect that being his own agent isn't going to have worked out well for him here once the full details are out.

Many here will remember when Okung went through a similar thing, signing a 5 year/$53 million deal as his own agent with the Broncos only to be released after one year and $8m with no further money coming.
Only 8 million and young. In my dreams.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Any team but the lambs. This one hurt for two reasons. He was the ramrod of our team defensively and will be a hall of famer one day. But...going to the Lambs gutted me. I hate the Rams. I wish him the best. He is one my favorite players. The season just got tougher for us.

I would feel the same if AD went to the Hawks, so can understand.

acer1240

Reaction score
Holy shit. The Rams are absolutely loaded.

Wagner wasn't worth 18 million a year but he sure as hell is worth 10. The Rams will pay the piper down the road but it's worth it if they can get another ring or two out of it.

Their only weakness is the 49ers