Blue Wave Is On A Roll

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The historic context is funny --- coming off a 12-4 season in '84 --- 1985 was supposed to be THE YEAR. Curt Warner would be back from his blown knee, and everyone was ready.

1985 wound up as one of the most disappointing seasons ever. 8-8 (2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins, etc...).

In the aftermath, one of the excuses was the team was too cocky going into the season, the the music video was one of the things blamed.

So yeah, that video cost us a Super Bowl!

CPHawk

Reaction score
The historic context is funny --- coming off a 12-4 season in '84 --- 1985 was supposed to be THE YEAR. Curt Warner would be back from his blown knee, and everyone was ready.

1985 wound up as one of the most disappointing seasons ever. 8-8 (2 wins, 2 losses, 2 wins, etc...).

In the aftermath, one of the excuses was the team was too cocky going into the season, the the music video was one of the things blamed.

So yeah, that video cost us a Super Bowl!
That and a team known as the 85 Bears

jeremiah

Reaction score
I don't know if my mind blocked this out or if I just completely forgot:

Man, I miss football. A lot of people probably don't remember, but the game was SOOOoooooo much better. This video gives me chills, and the Kingdome, was cooler than the whatever the stadium is named now. THAT was home field advantage. Ever since the Super Bowl year, the fans are not the beer eating, hot dog drinking fools of old... I know I messed em up, just as bad as I was messed up some games.

Latest posts