Are You Rocking a New or Old Jersey for the 2016 Season?

Are you going to buy a new jersey this season or go with the old tried and true?

• Yes, I want to get a new jersey (read my comment on who it will be)

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • No, I am staying with my tried and true.

Votes: 36 78.3%

• Total voters

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Taehwk":1rqle3sf said:
I am thinking about getting my first ever jersey. But I have no idea on the differences between the regular jerseys at $99 the limited at $149 and the elites at $249 to $299 - can anyone fill me in? Also how do they fit ? Don't know if I should order a size larger or what? I really want a Lynch jersey but hesitant to grab it because he is retired. Thanks in advance for the help!
I have the same question. A guy's small/medium was loose but I want it more oversized to be honest. Like a long camisole or sweater like something I could wear as pajama's. Comfortable but work acceptable, you know a cute shirt that hits midthigh from all angles at least.

djb28

Reaction score
I know a guy who is a HUGE Prince fan. He took that death like it was a family member. Anyway, I decided to make him a gift. Photo shopped a nice Prince image. Purchased an old Electric Light Orchestra "Purple" 45 record. and made a Purple Rain sticker to replace the ELO. I then put it all nice in a frame and mounted it for him.

He was floored that someone would do that for him for no particular reason. I just knew he was a mega fan.

So, Flash to last Friday. He stops in my shop and tells me to go out to his car and pop the trunk.
In it a signed Alexander 37 Jersey, white and a Rufus Porter throw back jersey.

He is also a huge "NFL" fan. He owns at least 1,000 jerseys. He said. "yours, I retired them!"

That was cool! So I have been rocking My Rufus jersey all week. Alexander will get framed.

I am now on a throwback kick and will be getting a B Blades and W Moon

Maulbert

Reaction score
Taehwk":24jakakf said:
I am thinking about getting my first ever jersey. But I have no idea on the differences between the regular jerseys at $99 the limited at $149 and the elites at $249 to $299 - can anyone fill me in? Also how do they fit ? Don't know if I should order a size larger or what? I really want a Lynch jersey but hesitant to grab it because he is retired. Thanks in advance for the help!

At $99, the names, numbers, and shoulder emblems are silkscreened. They don't hold up in the wash. At $149, the names and numbers are stitched on as low quality plates, but they hold up better than the silkscreen. The shoulder designs are still silkscreened. At $299, it's all material, no silkscreen, and the numbers are layered. Really high quality.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
300.00 for one? Hmm....blue or white I love both colors but white would drive the dagger deeper for those in the know at my workplace. But at that price I can only afford one this season. So give me a quick vote Lockett or Thomas? I do have a huge bias for anybody that went to college here and was my Adopt A Rookie last year. 8)

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
djb28":2rcci8qv said:
I know a guy who is a HUGE Prince fan. He took that death like it was a family member. Anyway, I decided to make him a gift. Photo shopped a nice Prince image. Purchased an old Electric Light Orchestra "Purple" 45 record. and made a Purple Rain sticker to replace the ELO. I then put it all nice in a frame and mounted it for him.

He was floored that someone would do that for him for no particular reason. I just knew he was a mega fan.

So, Flash to last Friday. He stops in my shop and tells me to go out to his car and pop the trunk.
In it a signed Alexander 37 Jersey, white and a Rufus Porter throw back jersey.

He is also a huge "NFL" fan. He owns at least 1,000 jerseys. He said. "yours, I retired them!"

That was cool! So I have been rocking My Rufus jersey all week. Alexander will get framed.

I am now on a throwback kick and will be getting a B Blades and W Moon

I've looked for a Brian Blades for a long time. Always loved him as a player and thought it was unfortunate how he seemed to be swept under the rug following his cousin's death.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Here's my advice on Jerseys.

Stay away from the Game day @ $99, unless you simply can't afford any thing else.

Purchase only the "elite" IF you can afford it.

The " limited" @ $149 is a good quality and will last a long time if you take care of it.

If you are thinking about doing a custom "elite", see if you can find the number you want (any name) and buy that jersey.
Then contact Seattle Tackle Twill to make you the Custom name plate in the color that matches your jersey. You can have the original name removed and your custom name plate sewn on at any reputable sewing shop.
IMHO you will end up with a nicer jersey for your money. I say this because of the way the numbers get sewn onto the "customs" from the ProShop, NFL Shop etc.

A person that is cost conscious can buy 2 "limited" jerseys for the price of 1 elite, and they are still very nice.

Avoid "knock offs" at any price, no matter how tempting.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers, long after the sweetness of low price has faded.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm sticking with the tried and true...I have both a home 12 and a wolf gray 12. I am using my Seahawks funds for new stuff for my daughter who turns 1 just before the season. She had some great outfits last season and will obviously have outgrown them for this season. So to answer the poll, in my house there will be some old and some new

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Every year I buy one jersey that I wear for the entire season, then move on to another the following season. In the Nike years (going from most recent to least):

Wagner Home
Baldwin Home
Sherman Alternate
12 Home

Thinking I'm going to be going with either a Thomas or Bennett away this year. Though I'm intrigued by the though of a Lockett jersey (16 was my number in all sports growing up).

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I've gone through LOTS of jerseys over the years, but I currently have three - one for each style they've had

Current - Home Nike Game Baldwin

2002 - 2011 Away Authentic Babineaux

1976 -2001 Home Easley (eBay knockoff that is actually really good)

Don't plan on picking up any more right now, but i really want a wolf grey Lockett.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I'll be sticking with my #3 Home Elite unless I need to change the mojo mid game.

However, the link above for "shirtseys" was too much temptation and I had to get a #24...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If the NFL ever let you customize the throwbacks with current players, I'd be broke in a hurry.

No idea why they don't allow this.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Now that he's retired, I think I'm gonna get a grey limited Marshawn jersey. I don't mind the game ones (what's wrong with them pmed?). I see no need to pay an extra $150 for an elite though. For $300 it should come with an autograph.

drcool

Reaction score
Kam was my go to jersey for the last few years but last year I picked up a home Lockett jersey that I think will be my go to jersey but I also got a Cliff Avril jersey (he is from Jacksonville, FL and I live here now so I figured that one made sense) that I plan on working into the mix.

If those don't work I will definitely revert back to Kam.

pmedic920

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3d7wkifz said:
Now that he's retired, I think I'm gonna get a grey limited Marshawn jersey. I don't mind the game ones (what's wrong with them pmed?). I see no need to pay an extra $150 for an elite though. For $300 it should come with an autograph.

It's not really that there is anything wrong with them, especially if that's all a persons budget will allow.

If you ever get the chance to hold a "game" and a "limited" up side by side, there is a huge difference in the two.
I have a couple of "games" that were given to me as gifts, I love them but they just don't hold up like the others. The #s are screen printed not sewn on. They don't hold up to the washing machine as well, bla bla.

My real point is, if you can afford the extra $50, the limited is worth it, and if you can afford the elite, well, I'm not sure they are worth it but I love the ones I have
I'd rather save up for a measure of time or hit an OT lick on the job, to have the better quality.

Again, nothing is "really" wrong with them, and I would never scoff at anybody for wearing/ buying one.
I apologize if it sounded that way.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
My name is Michael Johnson. I have a #32 Johnson jersey (Jeron Johnson), so this year I want to get the #32 Michael jersey (Christine Michael).

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I want a blue retro jersey with a number 12 and the name "HOLY CATFISH" on it.

I have no idea how I'm going to make this happen.

Chapow

Reaction score
pmedic920":1z5r59z4 said:
TriCHawk":1z5r59z4 said:

It's not really that there is anything wrong with them, especially if that's all a persons budget will allow.

If you ever get the chance to hold a "game" and a "limited" up side by side, there is a huge difference in the two.
I have a couple of "games" that were given to me as gifts, I love them but they just don't hold up like the others. The #s are screen printed not sewn on. They don't hold up to the washing machine as well, bla bla.

My real point is, if you can afford the extra $50, the limited is worth it, and if you can afford the elite, well, I'm not sure they are worth it but I love the ones I have
I'd rather save up for a measure of time or hit an OT lick on the job, to have the better quality.

Again, nothing is "really" wrong with them, and I would never scoff at anybody for wearing/ buying one.
I apologize if it sounded that way.

Are the current generation Nike jerseys significantly lower quality than the previous generation Reebok jerseys?

I ask because I have an Alexander from 2004 and a Tatupu from 2005. Both are the $99 ones with silk screened numbers, names, logos, etc. and they are both holding up well. They have both been worn and washed a ton in the 11 and 12 years I've owned them.

Sounds like the current generation Nike silk screening is poor quality then? I'd be pretty pissed if I spent $100 on a jersey and the silk screening started flaking off (or whatever?) after a couple of years.

Chapow

Reaction score
Taehwk":329ijr9f said:

At the obscene prices of jerseys, especially the limiteds and elites, I would highly recommend checking out the differences and fit for yourself in person at a store if at all possible. That's a lot of coin to drop to not really know what you're getting quality wise or how it's going to fit.