Are we the worst tackling team in league?

strohmin

Reaction score
WE have been the worst tackling team since we lost the LOB. Everyone who has replaced an LOB member has been abysmal at tackling. Pete Carroll is a joke of a coach at this point.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
No hyperbole.
I have never seen a worse defense against the rush by any team since I started watching football. late 80s, 90s, 2000s, whatever.
Even those winless NFL teams that happened every now and then - were never this bad.
It is weird. As bad as Ken Norton was (and he was one of the worst in the history of the NFL since its inception), our run defense is somehow worse.
But nothing, not those old orange-cream Bucs teams, those terrible Browns or Bengals teams, not even an expansion team has ever had a worse rush defense.

nwHawk

Reaction score
At some point you need to invest in a stud upfront.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I remember when Pete was putting on camps on how to tackle properly. If he's so great at teaching defense how to tackle, why had our defense been so awful at it for 5 or more years? I just don't get it.

renofox

Reaction score
I remember when Pete was putting on camps on how to tackle properly. If he's so great at teaching defense how to tackle, why had our defense been so awful at it for 5 or more years? I just don't get it.
New CBA - almost no full contact practices.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
If only they hadn't misplaced those "Tackling: The Seahawk Way" videos.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Tackling and bad positioning. Bad communication or no communication. No playmaking. No one that absolutely screams defensive stud. Even diggs...on the jenning catch before the mitchell touch down. Wasnt reading the ball. Was reading jennings body language to the catch mid tackle. When he could have easily caught or intercepted it if he had his head up. Playing the ball not the player. Im not a fan of secondary coaching in general. It has gotten really bad. No one reads the ball because no one is teaching it anymore. Days of really good playmaking corners are gone.

Latest posts