Are the Patriots a "finesse team"?

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I was just lurking on an enemy fan forum and a Pats fan posted that he thought the Patriots as a team tend to be emotionally flat. Especially in big games - their opponent is all adrenalin and fire but the Patriots are methodical and clinical. (He believes the Seahawks will win because of this.) With the exception of Gronk, they all seemed pretty robotic to me at media day.

So are they really just football's version of the Borg? If so, we already met that team in the Super Bowl last year, and look how that turned out. :mrgreen:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Any team that will completely stop running the ball is somewhat finesse. It doesn't make them weak, though. I know they would call it multiple, not finesse.

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider them finesse. In the sense that they don't shy away from contact. Their offense depends on precision tho.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I think the word you are looking for is 'Effeminate'...

Chawks1

Reaction score
Yes to an extent, minus Blount too. But I'd be surprised they are patient enough to run him 40 times in the game.

They are similar to Denver in that they use no huddle, hurry up offenses, and underneath passing based off timing. Brady prefers to throw out patterns and bubble screens to the left side of the field which requires timing. If Maxwell is as ready as I think he will be he can have a very good day.

Just like last year the key isn't necessarily to sack Brady but disrupt him. We need to apply bumping pressure to the guys going out for passes which requires Brady to hold the ball an extra second. Once they do that Avril and Bennett can apply pressure which makes Brady throw before he wants to.

Remember how smart our guys and coaches are. After the Super Bowl last year our guys said they new all the plays before Denver even ran the play. That's through film study, preperation and coaching. Once you take a team like this out of their rhythm it is an uphill battle. Philadelphia tried all their no huddle, quick snaps, quick runs, quick passes and we dominated them in their house (right after our Thanksgiving battle with 49ers too).

We are a much more physical team on both sides of the ball and they can't match our speed. The thing to watch out for is our D plays like sharks in the water. Once they smell blood they are relentless. So watch for any momentum our D gets because they will not relent. They will go for the knockout.

Latest posts