Anthony Richardson comparable?

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Coming out of the combine with freakish physical ability and rifle for an arm, who do you see him as a comparison to? Mine is Colin Kaepernick (prior to kneeling).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brock Huard this morning said his comp for Richardson is Dante Culpepper.

Except Richardson is a little lighter and faster. But same savvy, toughness, insane athletic ability and cannon for an arm.

toffee

Reaction score
Kaep, Lamar, or any tall, well built super athletic QB with cannon for an arm?? If Russell Wilson and Michael Vick could grown another few inches, they could be in that category too. Actually Geno Smith is a slightly 'slower and shorter' version of that, Geno's 40 time was 4.55.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Brock Huard this morning said his comp for Richardson is Dante Culpepper.

Except Richardson is a little lighter and faster. But same savvy, toughness, insane athletic ability and cannon for an arm.
I agree on the Dante Culpepper comp. Although Culpepeper was a statistically better in college, maybe he had a better supporting cast than Richardson had in college.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I agree on the Dante Culpepper comp. Although Culpepeper was a statistically better in college, maybe he had a better supporting cast than Richardson had in college.

Two more years as a starter in college for Culpepper.

Which is the big unknown with Richardson, only a year as a starter.......and USUALLY the Hawks like QB's with more experience.

If Richardson did this for 2-3 years? He'd be the consensus #1 no arguments.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Two more years as a starter in college for Culpepper.

Which is the big unknown with Richardson, only a year as a starter.......and USUALLY the Hawks like QB's with more experience.

If Richardson did this for 2-3 years? He'd be the consensus #1 no arguments.
This is why Richardson is the number one or two most polarizing prospect in the draft. Yes, past QB history matters, but projecting prospects has to also be taken into account. GMs don't have the benefit to wait for the perfect QB prospect that all consider the #1 talent in the draft, and if that QB is in that draft your odds are against you of having the #1 overall pick or the ability of trading to #1.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score

He played in a far easier league and schedule.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I wish we could have seen Hooker throw at the combine. Would have been an interesting comparison.

cheese22

Reaction score
I would go with Cam Newton as another comp. AR15 is definitely closer to Cam than he is to Culpepper physically. Maybe even Mike Vick, not in playing style, but their physicality, arm strength, strengths and weaknesses coming out of college.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Hmm

built like daunte culpepper, yet runs like lamar jackson. culpepper/newton are his closest comp atm

Ozzy

Reaction score
Richardson was good down the stretch against very good teams and seemed to progress from where he was earlier in the year. He's risky but the upside is so high at the most important position in football that its really hard to pass on him. I think its situationally dependent too. If you trust your staff to coach him up then its a no brainer. Not every staff is capable of doing it. Seattle is a place where a QB can be coached up.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
So many fails on this list, which proves qb is no sure thing.
QB is the most important position in all of team sports. Flawless can't miss QBs are rare. The last one was Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence, who at this point is still suspect. If you want a sure thing in the 1st round then draft an OG with the 1st round pick. But, if you draft scared and draft for high floor low ceiling guys, then you have Tim Ruskell Seahawks rosters.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
He's built like Cam. But his game is more like Justin Fields.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
and I wouldn't want any of those guys on my team. A pick that is destined for failure.

chris98251

Reaction score
Joe Montana who can run....
Joe Montana was accurate, he could run early on as well, not like Richardson but was mobile, Akili Smith had a great arm and size, but could not process information quickly or throw accurately under pressure or hit mid range targets. Everything we hear about Richardson, Look past the physical and look at the Brain and processor, may be a nice kid, but bust is written all over him.

Chevy

Reaction score
Joe Montana was accurate, he could run early on as well, not like Richardson but was mobile, Akili Smith had a great arm and size, but could not process information quickly or throw accurately under pressure or hit mid range targets. Everything we hear about Richardson, Look past the physical and look at the Brain and processor, may be a nice kid, but bust is written all over him.
The Joe Montana of this draft is Fresno State QB Jake Haener. Whom I would be happy drafting in the 4th round. If we miss out on one of the 1st round QBs then Haener is a must have for me in the middle rounds.