Another new Rob Report - Int. w/ Roddy White

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
RynoHawk":exdc1kr8 said:
This is an old episode, not new. This came out right after the season ended... Just FYI , no troll..:)

Can I get a "INCORRECT SIR"?

Mike Rob is hilarious. Great charisma. He has a bright future (on and off the field). Roddy White looks like the offspring of Whoppi Goldberg and The Preadator :mrgreen: .

cacksman

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Roddy complimented Sherman after Sherman's comments after the ATL game on NFL Network. Great BB material nonetheless!

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
any clarification on who really started that "beef" not that it really matters, ive always got the impression sherm really doesnt start most of these, he just doesnt shy away from them.

and ohmygoooodness does it make me cringe when nfl players talk about money. Roddy needs to pipe shut about getting a "piece of the cake." your piece of the cake is all the millions you make every year to play a freakin sport. money for off season? thats crazy. you wouldnt go to a bakery and give them money for the cake, and also pay them extra for the time they spent practicing to cook. ohhhh but its about fans enjoying watching them train is the point.... i think he missed the point where if there was no fans he wouldnt be making any money at all and probably be flipping flap jacks at the local ihop. some "free" entertainment during off season isnt really free, his salary is all inclusive to him being a football player whether thats how his contract reads or not. rant over sorry.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":29q6gegl said:
Killa Kam":29q6gegl said:
lol Whats up with Mike Rob only interviewing Sherman's enemies, next two interviews will be with Skip Bayless and Harbaugh

perhaps he thinks it would be more interested for Seahawks fans to watch...and he's probably right..
Nope, the 'Homer' in me says, "I'll take Rob interviewing ANY Seahawk over ANY other player in the League". :snack:
White is full of crap, and Sherman knows it.

dunceface

Reaction score
Awwww White called it a Rove Ranger at the end hahahahaaa

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Hater, unlikable, arrogant, and not the kind of guy you worry about.

If Sherman said that about Roddy White you would love it. Gotta love the hypocrites around here lol.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":5iegh3as said:
Roddy comes off as a bit arrogant and defensive. "He's not a player you run extra routes to prepare for"? The best players have the attitude that they should be running extra routes before every game, doing as much as they can to prepare. Obviously the guy has proven he's one of the best at his position, but his attitude did not impress me.
Agreed. I used to be a fan of Roddy, but after listening to his interviews lately, he comes off as very arrogant, like you said.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
If everyone in the NFL gave interviews like RW. That would make for some boring television.

razor150

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":1resf1js said:
any clarification on who really started that "beef" not that it really matters, ive always got the impression sherm really doesnt start most of these, he just doesnt shy away from them.

Sherman is the one that made the beef public. I don't think anyone knows who actually started it, but Sherman was out of line making it public.

Mr.Hawkbrah":1resf1js said:
and ohmygoooodness does it make me cringe when nfl players talk about money. Roddy needs to pipe shut about getting a "piece of the cake." your piece of the cake is all the millions you make every year to play a freakin sport. money for off season? thats crazy. you wouldnt go to a bakery and give them money for the cake, and also pay them extra for the time they spent practicing to cook. ohhhh but its about fans enjoying watching them train is the point.... i think he missed the point where if there was no fans he wouldnt be making any money at all and probably be flipping flap jacks at the local ihop. some "free" entertainment during off season isnt really free, his salary is all inclusive to him being a football player whether thats how his contract reads or not. rant over sorry.

You do know that most of the players don't make millions of dollars. Too many fans have their opinions on the leagues pay based on what the top earners make. They may make a comfortable living, but very few make enough to be set for life like Roddy White. Giving them money during the off season would help them tremendously.

Jerhawk":1resf1js said:
therealjohncarlson":1resf1js said:
Roddy comes off as a bit arrogant and defensive. "He's not a player you run extra routes to prepare for"? The best players have the attitude that they should be running extra routes before every game, doing as much as they can to prepare. Obviously the guy has proven he's one of the best at his position, but his attitude did not impress me.
Agreed. I used to be a fan of Roddy, but after listening to his interviews lately, he comes off as very arrogant, like you said.

And Sherman doesn't come off as arrogant? He talks about how great he is all the time, as well as calls players out publicly. Sherman's schtick of demanding respect, for me at least, is getting old.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Should be fun watching Roddy make Sherman fall on his face again.

hawker84

Reaction score
or fun to watch your top two recievers have their lowest production games of the year again.. i know that was fun for me...

kidhawk

Reaction score
razor150":6yrljrab said:
You do know that most of the players don't make millions of dollars. Too many fans have their opinions on the leagues pay based on what the top earners make. They may make a comfortable living, but very few make enough to be set for life like Roddy White. Giving them money during the off season would help them tremendously.

At the risk of derailing the thread, the NFL minimum salary is 6 figures. They are payed in part for being in shape and able to play the game. This salary is more than enough to compensate for the off season. If you want to talk about post career things, that's a totally different issue, which I believe the NFL made some decent strides on with this last CBA, but as far as the offseason goes, their contract is what it is, and if you can't stretch 6 figures out over 12 months, then you have bigger problems then getting money in the off season is going to fix.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":okvnwyvp said:
Should be fun watching Roddy make Sherman fall on his face again.
You (like Shoddy Roddy) are pissed because Sherman frustrated the hell out of him for 99% of that game, and paid a respectfull compliment to Julio Jones as being the best Receiver on that team.
Sherman told the truth, and White knows it, White is a legend in his own mind.

BGHawk

Reaction score
gspin2k1":36dexqor said:
If everyone in the NFL gave interviews like RW. That would make for some boring television.

umm...there is only one RW, and I would watch every RW interview ..go hawks

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Julio is hands down better than White. Dont' get me wrong White is very good. He is more a a fantasy WR than a great NFL

Steve2222

Reaction score
m0ng0":3g6kzyic said:
scutterhawk":3g6kzyic said:
White is a legend in his own mind.

I would take him over any receiver we have who's name is not Harvin

True. But I'd take our starting 22 over their starting 22.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Regarding his answer on who's the best CB, I can't really argue with what he's saying regardless of what motivated him to say it. Revis' body of work is definitely larger than Sherman's. They're both elite level corners, but I think we'd clearly see that Revis has the edge if Earl Thomas was removed from the equation. Yeah, Roddy is cocky; however, as someone previously posted, the majority of Hawk fans would like or at least defend that same attitude in one of our players.

Swimming past the bait from this point on whenever it's dangled might be in Sherm's best interest. I believe this exchange started with Roddy White talking heavy shiznit after the TD, followed by Sherman's 'product of the system' comments about White, which was then followed by Sherman getting bashed on Roddy White TV. Sherman seems to be maintaining refrigeration after this interview with Real Rob, which is encouraging.

I don't expect him to stay quiet forever. Hopefully he holds court in the Atlanta game. :twisted:

razor150

Reaction score
kidhawk":1geodo1b said:
razor150":1geodo1b said:

At the risk of derailing the thread, the NFL minimum salary is 6 figures. They are payed in part for being in shape and able to play the game. This salary is more than enough to compensate for the off season. If you want to talk about post career things, that's a totally different issue, which I believe the NFL made some decent strides on with this last CBA, but as far as the offseason goes, their contract is what it is, and if you can't stretch 6 figures out over 12 months, then you have bigger problems then getting money in the off season is going to fix.

As I said, they make a comfortable living, though a very fleeting one. The teams can easily get out of contracts, so even a comfortable 6 figure job can be over very quickly. I personally don't feel strongly either way about players getting paid in the off season, although I do think it is a fair argument to make that if the NFL is making money off the players in the off season that the players should get paid as well since their job really is year round. I just hate it when somebody talks about football players making millions of dollars when the vast majority of them don't.