Another Game manager story

taco40

Reaction score
"Wilson, meanwhile, is viewed much like an usher in a movie theater..... The truth is, there’s nothing really special about Wilson other than the fact he wins."

from http://nypost.com/2015/01/10/russell-wi ... him-great/

These comments don't really bother me. They're more amusing than anything else. I wish this was the opinion of the teams around the league and not just sportswriters and broadcasters as it would play into the psyche of the offense in the same way as having a "pedestrian" receiving corps.

Wilson's record vs. Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brews is 7-0. Way to usher in wins, DangeRuss.

The article is complimentary to Wilson and really downplays the idea that Wilson isn't pro bowl material. It's subtle in some respects, just as Wilson is when winning every week. Not like a more flamboyant player who thinks he wears an "S" on his chest, a player who is 0-3 vs. Wilson.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Isn't that the only thing that matters? "he's not that good but he just keeps finding ways to win" pretty big oxymoron there

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Absolutely...PLEASE give me a "special" QB with all of the "expected stats" who doesn't win.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Personally, my frustration level directed at a Seahawks QB has been lower with Russell Wilson than any other QB in Seahawks history. I don't have a metric for it, so all I can call it is magic. Wilson is magic.

mikeak

Reaction score
Here I am thinking people in NY would understand the value of a guy that "just wins". They have one there that had "just won" two superbowls. Difference is unlike RW he can be putrid in between those wins....