Aldon's suspension is nine games

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2wvspsqo said:
Marvin49":2wvspsqo said:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 2m
Roger Goodell when asked, in October, if the 5 games Aldon Smith served last year would be factored into ultimate discipline: “Certainly...

... ” Goodell said. “The issue here is not to discipline players. The issue here is to stop the behavior. And Aldon, to your point, has ...

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 1m
... 'I need help.' We are obviously there to support him, & the 49ers did a great job getting him into a facility to try to get that help...

"... And so we all support that. So, yes, it will be factor, for sure.”

Way to go Goodell. Way to support rehab. What a joke.

He said all that then Aldon goes into an airport, reportedly drunk again saying bomb.

No evidence of that. The fact that he wasn't charged should be telling, but of course thats not juicy so not taken into account in this forum.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
As has been mentioned in another thread without those 5 games it looks like he was headed for a year suspension.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2yvvksdl said:
It's very extreme. But guess what Marv. The world isn't fair. You do dumb shit and put yourself in a position to be treated unfairly, can you really complain. All this could have been avoided if he used his brain. Like I said before, I can't empathize with an idiot.

+1

The amount of time Marv has devoted to constantly defending and explaining away Aldon's foolish behavior is pretty sickening. I hope this suspension has a positive effect on Aldon.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2m5vq8uk said:
Hawk-Lock":2m5vq8uk said:
It's very extreme. But guess what Marv. The world isn't fair. You do dumb shit and put yourself in a position to be treated unfairly, can you really complain. All this could have been avoided if he used his brain. Like I said before, I can't empathize with an idiot.

+1

The amount of time Marv has devoted to constantly defending and explaining away Aldon's foolish behavior is pretty sickening. I hope this suspension has a positive effect on Aldon.

My pleasure to sicken you. You don't like it, read something else.

Brahn

Reaction score
rlkats":2bpendor said:
No I used his name and Gordons name as example those are the 2 off the top of my head. Which you nicely left out of the quote. To try to attack me and make it look like I was singling him out. Which I was not so chill out and read a bit. Do not read into it I'm not a guy that has an hidden meaning. I don't give a rats ass what happens to any player that does not have a niners logo on their uniform. So nice try bud.

Never tried to attack you, you must seem like a frail man to assume as much. I pointed out your agenda based comment. I will "chill" bro if you "chill" because you seem excited, bro chill.

You do not give a rats ass about any player that does not have a Niners logo? Like Marshawn when you mentioned him? Or the fact you post in Seahawks player only news threads at times?

So "Nice" try bud, way to "try" hard. Next time "chill" bro and just relax a bit. You know chill and relax because you seem very unrelaxed and very very unchill right now.

Cheers to you mate! For caring while not caring!

rlkats

Reaction score
Brahn":3gih0bsq said:
rlkats":3gih0bsq said:
No I used his name and Gordons name as example those are the 2 off the top of my head. Which you nicely left out of the quote. To try to attack me and make it look like I was singling him out. Which I was not so chill out and read a bit. Do not read into it I'm not a guy that has an hidden meaning. I don't give a rats ass what happens to any player that does not have a niners logo on their uniform. So nice try bud.

Never tried to attack you, you must seem like a frail man to assume as much. I pointed out your agenda based comment. I will "chill" bro if you "chill" because you seem excited, bro chill.

You do not give a rats ass about any player that does not have a Niners logo? Like Marshawn when you mentioned him? Or the fact you post in Seahawks player only news threads at times?

So "Nice" try bud, way to "try" hard. Next time "chill" bro and just relax a bit. You know chill and relax because you seem very unrelaxed and very very unchill right now.

Cheers to you mate! For caring while not

Hahaha frail man lol. Anyways. I was not attacking the hawks. My agenda was and is to point out how incompetent Goodell is. So cheers to you mate for getting it wrong again lol.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
He got off pretty light considering the number of infractions. Multiple DUI, firing a gun to scare/intimidate a crowd of people, then the bomb threat incident at the airport, and the list goes on.

It should have been a year. Guy's a douche. We shouldn't use the Ray Rice suspension as the yardstick by which to measure this suspension. Everyone knows what an atrocious aberration of NFL justice that was.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Bottom line: if a harsh suspension helps get the message across to that bag of rocks on Aldon Smith's shoulders that he's got to get out of trouble and STAY out of trouble, it will benefit Smith and SF in the long run (as well as anyone he might have hurt or killed in a future incident.)

And regarding his rehab last year, I asked the following question in a previous thread but never got an answer: was he getting paid that whole time or did he lose five games' worth of paychecks? Because if he did not suffer some kind of financial penalty last year I don't see why Goodell should have taken that into account (though either way he should not have said he would or should at least give an explanation now as to why he didn't.)

rlkats

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1fcjab7z said:
He got off pretty light considering the number of infractions. Multiple DUI, firing a gun to scare/intimidate a crowd of people, then the bomb threat incident at the airport, and the list goes on.

It should have been a year. Guy's a douche. We shouldn't use the Ray Rice suspension as the yardstick by which to measure this suspension. Everyone knows what an atrocious aberration of NFL justice that was.

Hate to say it but I agree. He is lucky to be back for the playoffs if we make it there.

Brahn

Reaction score
rlkats":n76av5f6 said:
Brahn":n76av5f6 said:
rlkats":n76av5f6 said:

Cheers to you mate! For caring while not

Hahaha frail man lol. Anyways. I was not attacking the hawks. My agenda was and is to point out how incompetent Goodell is. So cheers to you mate for getting it wrong again lol.
LAUGH OUT LOUD

If you say so, I mean you seem to be the authority on whats right and wrong in the world. By the way how right were you on Aldon... maybe you just the authority on what is wrong.

You had an agenda and used what you thought you needed to meet it on the Seahawks board. The problem is your agenda of defending Aldon is a joke.

So cheers mate for getting it wrong again while still refusing to chill and relax.

LAUGH OUT LOUD

I get it though you are talking about the incompetence of the NFL commissioner for dealing down a punishment to a competent repeat offender. You have no bias in the issue it is obvious and you are purely speaking from a balanced point of view.

LAUGH OUT LOUD

drdiags

Reaction score
I am not going to party in the streets behind this suspension. Whether it was too harsh or just about right, I don't know. The Commish and these conduct penalties are a little vague in how long a duration they can be. With the PED and Drug suspensions, they at least are more concrete in their duration.

The 9ers did seem to weather his 5 game absence last year and he will not miss either Seahawks game so that is the most I can take from this current situation. He will miss both Rams games, one of the Cardinals games along with the Saints and a few other notable games. Bowman is the bigger hit but the 9ers have had to overcome missing Willis for a couple of games in the past.

It is all an unknown on what this will mean for their season. I personally doubt this will tank the season for them. We will see in about 3 months. I would imagine he will have to be ramped up before going 100% but he is an exceptional athlete so maybe he is making an impact the 1st game he is back.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO 9 games is light. If anyone here (besides any self employed) did the same thing how many would have a job at all? Sports is waaaay more forgiving of this kind of behavior. It all about the money. I think it is wrong because the sport will make its money with or without Aldon Smith.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
During the preseason I kind of laughed off the notion of the 49ers having a down year.. but all signs are sure pointing to it right now.

Not trolling here.. but the first team offense looked like a mess. Stevie Johnson is non-existent and a rumored cut in the making.. Gore is a year older.. already lost Kendall Hunter. Hyde could be a good backup, but he is a rookie so thats an unknown. It's almost like Roman doesn't want to use James at all. The line is a mess with Iupati looking fat and out of shape.. Boone holding out.

Then on defense .. you were already down Bowman, now you're down Aldon 9 games. Dorsey most of the year. Whitner was a liability in coverage but great against the run.. now he's in Cleveland. The secondary is a major question mark. Justin Smith is a year older..

I know this team has talent.. but this crap seems to snowball on a team and hit all at once. Happens every year.. and I'm beginning to think the 49ers have a very real possibility of this happening to them. Not to mention, the first half of the schedule will test this 49ers defense in a major way with the likes of Dallas, Chicago, Philly, Denver, even Arizona and Kansas City have weapons.

If Kaep doesn't take that next step forward and make the 49ers offense a threatening attack.. the 49ers could be in trouble.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Not gonna pretend I give damn about the Niners but, good! He deserved it. Commit the crime do the time. Just think that this is the worst Niner team in 4 years (everyday I get something new to be reminded of it). I gave them all the respect when they deserved it but ain't looking in the rear view mirror. He's at the pinnacle of most young boys dreams but dude got too much swag for his own good.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":abquot4u said:
Bottom line: if a harsh suspension helps get the message across to that bag of rocks on Aldon Smith's shoulders that he's got to get out of trouble and STAY out of trouble, it will benefit Smith and SF in the long run (as well as anyone he might have hurt or killed in a future incident.)

And regarding his rehab last year, I asked the following question in a previous thread but never got an answer: was he getting paid that whole time or did he lose five games' worth of paychecks? Because if he did not suffer some kind of financial penalty last year I don't see why Goodell should have taken that into account (though either way he should not have said he would or should at least give an explanation now as to why he didn't.)

I think he was paid...but you can just fine his a$$ then.

Bottom line, this suspension does nothing to encourage players with problems with alcohol to go to rehab. If they are going to lower a suspension, is that ideal? No...but if it gets them in the door that's a GOOD thing.

Not taking it into account is just stupid and serves no purpose.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ire4lai said:
During the preseason I kind of laughed off the notion of the 49ers having a down year.. but all signs are sure pointing to it right now.

Not trolling here.. but the first team offense looked like a mess. Stevie Johnson is non-existent and a rumored cut in the making.. Gore is a year older.. already lost Kendall Hunter. Hyde could be a good backup, but he is a rookie so thats an unknown. It's almost like Roman doesn't want to use James at all. The line is a mess with Iupati looking fat and out of shape.. Boone holding out.

Then on defense .. you were already down Bowman, now you're down Aldon 9 games. Dorsey most of the year. Whitner was a liability in coverage but great against the run.. now he's in Cleveland. The secondary is a major question mark. Justin Smith is a year older..

I know this team has talent.. but this crap seems to snowball on a team and hit all at once. Happens every year.. and I'm beginning to think the 49ers have a very real possibility of this happening to them. Not to mention, the first half of the schedule will test this 49ers defense in a major way with the likes of Dallas, Chicago, Philly, Denver, even Arizona and Kansas City have weapons.

If Kaep doesn't take that next step forward and make the 49ers offense a threatening attack.. the 49ers could be in trouble.

...and no 49er thread on .net is complete without a "Niners time is done" post from someone. LOL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1tgkqbgx said:
IMHO 9 games is light. If anyone here (besides any self employed) did the same thing how many would have a job at all? Sports is waaaay more forgiving of this kind of behavior. It all about the money. I think it is wrong because the sport will make its money with or without Aldon Smith.

Honestly, and this really has little to do with Aldon, I think that line of reasoning is really faulty.

First off, my employer wouldn't even know it had happened let alone thinking it's in their prevue to punish me for it. That's what the legal system is for.

I work for a Tech company and they aren't going over me record for DUIs or misdemeanors in order to levy suspensions or fines.

That may be different in other professions, but for the most part the legal system is there to take care of issues with the law. Its not on the employer to levy its own punishment.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Marvin49":2rwnm7zw said:
...and no 49er thread on .net is complete without a "Niners time is done" post from someone. LOL.

Solid rebuttal.

Don't freak out when the Cowboys beat you. :D

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I just had a quick look at denialzone. Most have just taken it in their stride. This post in particular shows the reasoned thought of your average whiner:

Goodell is obviously a coward. He has shown his true nature as a man. He is a sycophantic suck up, who values how people perceive him, more than he values doing what is right and just.

Obviously, this will be extremely popular among the NFL. The pretty girl is getting dragged through the mud. The witch hunt was a success. The village townsfolk will look on in execrable delight as the natural beauty is crushed under the bolder. Her chest cavity caving in as she gasps and screams. The sickening excitement as the fat, oily, acne filled faces of the onlookers watch her soft skin chafing under the weight of the rock.

It's the most disgusting scene imaginable. But that's how it's done in this day and age. The popularity contest is what is important. Honor, truth, ethics, are simply buzzwords that cowards use to hide behind their pitiful actions to wow the crowd.

Goodell is being celebrated as the leader of this sick spectacle. The nave of the village church in the background, looking now like a tombstone, of a place built for forgotten reasons; turned evil.

Evil, despicable, disgusting.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1orzsmnj said:
Marvin49":1orzsmnj said:

Solid rebuttal.

Don't freak out when the Cowboys beat you. :D
C'mon be serious here. I look at that schedule and 5-4 is totally doable.

Latest posts