AD Troy Dannen leaves for Nebraska

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
After 5 months. Seems like it was a bad fit. Seems like a bit of a mess between this, DeBoer leaving and having to look for a mens basketball coach. Fisch better be good.

They probably need someone from the west coast who isn't likely to bail

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My Uncle lives out there and asked me about their new OC. I told him he sucks and didn't fit in here one bit.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Curious why somebody would want the Nebraska job.

It's also a bit concerning that Chris Petersen decided to quit, DeBoer decided to make a lateral move, and now the new AD has quit after just a couple months.

Is there something going on at UW that is making people want to leave? Is the upper campus too difficult to work with? Is it the boosters?

Last edited:

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score

It's also a bit concerning that Chris Petersen decided to quit, DeBoer decided to make a lateral move, and now the new AD has quit after just a couple months.

Is there something going on at UW that is making people want to leave? Is the upper campus too difficult to work with? Is it the boosters?
Someone on HH said they doubled his salary, but it was an unsourced rumor.

Cohen negotiated the dumb half share Big Ten deal until 2030 or so (not going to look that up right now). There's also speculation that he got tired of the DEI stuff.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score

Petersen is still around though which I suppose is good. It's been hinted that he still has some influence behind the scenes. He just seems absolutely jaded with the state of college football to want to coach in it.

Guessing with DeBoer it was a once in a lifetime type opportunity. I doubt a top SEC job was going to be offered to him again.

There's been talk Dannen had little to do with the Jed Fisch appointment and a lot of work was already in place for that.