Aaron Judge

BASF

Reaction score
So, I am watching Clemson and Wake Forest playing football and ESPN is breaking in with coverage of Aaron Judge who is sitting on 60 home runs. I stopped watching baseball due to the strike of '94, but I am aware that the league ignored steroids and juiced the balls to get viewers back allowing Bonds, Sosa and McGwire to basically end the 61 home runs being important. So, I am wondering, did MLB admit that their home runs are tainted and that 61 home runs is once again relevant? Please someone explain.

JGreen79

Reaction score
So, I am watching Clemson and Wake Forest playing football and ESPN is breaking in with coverage of Aaron Judge who is sitting on 60 home runs. I stopped watching baseball due to the strike of '94, but I am aware that the league ignored steroids and juiced the balls to get viewers back allowing Bonds, Sosa and McGwire to basically end the 61 home runs being important. So, I am wondering, did MLB admit that their home runs are tainted and that 61 home runs is once again relevant? Please someone explain.

61 is still the AL record. MLB still has the leagues separate for many things.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
And how is it that we know Judge is clean? How do we know he hasn’t been fed juiced balls?
We don’t, and it is still fun to watch…even if I hate the Yankees.
Bonds record season was one of greatest must watch events in sports history. Juiced or not(zero failed drug tests) especially considering many pitchers were also cheating(multiple ways).

Funny how there isn't a big push to scrub the record books of those stars that played jacked on amphetamines throughout the 70’s & 80’s….I mean let’s be real, the HOF has a lot of cheats….should Phil Neikro be celebrated while we ignore Bonds?

m0ng0

Reaction score
Fun non relevant fact, Aaron Judge as of this morning has struck out 167 times this year. Tony Gwynn struck out 167 times in the decade of the 90's. :)

Rat

Reaction score
I'm on the edge of my seat. Has he set the MLB record for seventh-most home runs in a season yet?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm on the edge of my seat. Has he set the MLB record for seventh-most home runs in a season yet?
But but but he is a NY yankee!

It’s being overhyped as hell because of who he plays for, but he’s a great hitter, and seems like a good guy. Just dislike his team.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
And how is it that we know Judge is clean? How do we know he hasn’t been fed juiced balls?
We don’t, and it is still fun to watch…even if I hate the Yankees.
Bonds record season was one of greatest must watch events in sports history. Juiced or not(zero failed drug tests) especially considering many pitchers were also cheating(multiple ways).

Funny how there isn't a big push to scrub the record books of those stars that played jacked on amphetamines throughout the 70’s & 80’s….I mean let’s be real, the HOF has a lot of cheats….should Phil Neikro be celebrated while we ignore Bonds?
Good points, I did some research om PEDs in MLB and the 1st report was in the late 1880s and with some of the reports in the 90s Kevin Caminiti claimed at least 50% of MLB was doing some sort of PED. It was technically illegal in MLB in the 70s but didn't start testing till 2003, my guess is the big wigs knew about the drug use but didn't care especially in the late 90s when the HRs wee up and getting people interested in baseball