2017 to be Pete Carroll's Get It Done or Move On Season?

sutz

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":38k4jdw7 said:
sutz":38k4jdw7 said:
A lot of speculation, opinionating, and psychoanalyzing going on in this thread.

:snack:

Yeah, I guess I'm emotionally immature for thinking that a team that reaches the divisional round for the fifth straight year with half a dozen Pro Bowlers in tow is actually an underperforming team whose head coach is about to quit, and that injuries may have had something to do with not reaching the Super Bowl.

:r2d2:
Hell, Montana, we're all emotionally immature. We wouldn't be diehard fans if we weren't. ;)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":22nfuo08 said:
Sure that's conjecture - but this is a football blog. The entire premise is based on conjecture.

Multiple Negative "Conjectures"
You are attaching negative examples to every one of your arguments because of a pessimistic Hunch.
People are giving you prime examples of why your theories are full of holes, but you've taken a stance from the very get-go, and are refusing to admit that you COULD BE wrong...Others prop up the negativity using the same train of thought, and if I and QUITE A FEW others disagree with Y'all's darkened "Woe Is Me" THEORIES, we are "Homers", "Fair Weather Fans", or are wearing "Rose Colored Glasses" :lol:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sutz":37iumhvl said:
MontanaHawk05":37iumhvl said:
sutz":37iumhvl said:
A lot of speculation, opinionating, and psychoanalyzing going on in this thread.

Yeah, I guess I'm emotionally immature for thinking that a team that reaches the divisional round for the fifth straight year with half a dozen Pro Bowlers in tow is actually an underperforming team whose head coach is about to quit, and that injuries may have had something to do with not reaching the Super Bowl.

Hell, Montana, we're all emotionally immature. We wouldn't be diehard fans if we weren't. ;)

Touche!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
sutz":z98qzk7r said:
MontanaHawk05":z98qzk7r said:
sutz":z98qzk7r said:

True, but if we spend the off-season demanding that the Hawks turn things around, we should be looking like Super Bowl favorites again.

Josea16

Reaction score
Seems to me if...
1. The injury bug doesn't hit us like last year (Lockett, Thomas) losing that level of player usually destroys teams, especially ones that have their franchise level quarterback just as injured and shouldn't be playing. Then we have the running back injury circus for the cherry on top.

2. Our FA moves pan out decently.

3. At least one of our current OL beyond Britt improves to league average.

We're right in line to be a favorite right this second without the draft and UFDA weekend being factored in. We signed a couple OL that are better then what we had, a FS that is starting material somewhere in our secondary, a bell cow running back that is among the top in the league if he's not eating a million hamburgers a day and was proving it before he got injured. And at least decent veteran LB's that will push our current group and likely elevate our special teams at worst.

All of them at no future cost to our cap or flexibility beyond this season. Understand Arizona dropped off big and Los Angeles and San Francisco are dumpster fires. Just going 6-0 in division likely makes us 12-4/13-3 with last year's team and make no mistake the NFCW is far weaker beyond the Seahawks then last year. The NFCW currently is more like the pre 2016 AFCE then most will admit (Snow White and the Three Dwarves so to speak).

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
nash72":o5w5t67j said:
c_hawkbob":o5w5t67j said:
nash72":o5w5t67j said:
c_hawkbob":o5w5t67j said:
The idea that any sweeping changes are in order however is ludicrous. Our team is functioning at an elite level, why in the world would we step off the path we're on now?

Losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs two seasons in a row isnt playing at an elite level. The team is starting to get blown out by better teams now which never used to happen. The light at the end of the tunnel is starting to look dim on this current path.-

If those last two seasons were the extent of the story you'd have a valid point, but coming on the heels of back to back Super Bowl appearances they represent no more than to be expected variation in final outcomes.

Nobody goes to the SB every year. Not even the Patriots or the Steelers. being in the hunt every year, advancing in the playoffs every year, is as much as can reasonably be expected, even of elite organizations. Until you can point to more than two or three higher functioning organizations in the league than our own we will remain, by definition, elite.

Let me make it clearer for you. Elite teams are teams that are expected and favored to go to the Superbowl. The Seahawks were definitely not that last season. The expectations of the team was exactly what you got, a 1st round home win against the Lions and a beating as soon as they hit the road. Nobody thought Seattle was a threat to go to the Superbowl last year and they weren't. If you did, you need to take the rose colored glasses off. Losing to the Rams 9-3 should tell you how elite this team was last season.

If you're going to assign your own definition to everything you say you'll never be wrong (at least in your own mind) so at least you've got that going for you.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Josea16":36ji642f said:
Seems to me if...
1. The injury bug doesn't hit us like last year (Lockett, Thomas) losing that level of player usually destroys teams, especially ones that have their franchise level quarterback just as injured and shouldn't be playing. Then we have the running back injury circus for the cherry on top.

We're right in line to be a favorite right this second without the draft and UFDA weekend being factored in. We signed a couple OL that are better then what we had, a FS that is starting material somewhere in our secondary, a bell cow running back that is among the top in the league if he's not eating a million hamburgers a day and was proving it before he got injured. And at least decent veteran LB's that will push our current group and likely elevate our special teams at worst.

All of them at no future cost to our cap or flexibility beyond this season. Understand Arizona dropped off big and Los Angeles and San Francisco are dumpster fires. Just going 6-0 in division likely makes us 12-4/13-3 with last year's team and make no mistake the NFCW is far weaker beyond the Seahawks then last year. The NFCW currently is more like the pre 2016 AFCE then most will admit (Snow White and the Three Dwarves so to speak).

I agree with one very important addition to that list. That RW shows up to camp injury-free, and leaner/faster than he did last year. He wasn't "fat", but he was too bulky and noticeably slower. He is not a tall pocket QB - he needs to be able to scramble and play sandlot football. Hawks are a better team when he can do that with the speed he used to have.

Plus, it makes him far less prone to getting caught and thus, potentially injured.

Josea16

Reaction score
semiahmoo":12pa49hm said:
Josea16":12pa49hm said:
Seems to me if...

I agree with one very important addition to that list. That RW shows up to camp injury-free, and leaner/faster than he did last year. He wasn't "fat", but he was too bulky and noticeably slower. He is not a tall pocket QB - he needs to be able to scramble and play sandlot football. Hawks are a better team when he can do that with the speed he used to have.

Plus, it makes him far less prone to getting caught and thus, potentially injured.
Reports are he got the memo think Erin Rodgers that whiner did the same thing 2-3 years ago and got his head straight. So will Russell. :2thumbs:

nash72

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":3g84lwyj said:
If you're going to assign your own definition to everything you say you'll never be wrong (at least in your own mind) so at least you've got that going for you.

elite
/eɪˈliːt,ɪˈliːt/
noun

1. a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

I don't know what your definition of Elite is but the above was definitely not the 2016 Seahawks.

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":4b7njjhq said:
c_hawkbob":4b7njjhq said:

elite
/eɪˈliːt,ɪˈliːt/
noun

1. a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

I don't know what your definition of Elite is but the above was definitely not the 2016 Seahawks.
Does it make you happy to be so ridiculously negative that you make no sense? Personally I believe you are trolling or 12 years old, likely both but whatever, do your thing Nash it's weirdly entertaining in a negative and sick way.

Look I love darkness and am the most cynical sonofabitch you will ever meet that will smile at you face to face and laugh at your faux negative bullshit right behind your back. Point is even I think you're either trolling and being ridiculous on purpose or pure stupid or not an actual fan of the Seahawks and it's gone beyond boring and tired.

If you actually followed this team before 2010 you would understand 2012-current is ELITE by current standards given the limitations and rules of the modern cap salary NFL. It's damn good even before then. The Seahawks before 2010 were irrelevant, not anymore and you're still not satisfied? Ridiculous. Just imagine Paul Allen in the NFL before the salary cap? Dude would have destroyed Debortolo and the owner of the Cowboys before Jones and screwed Jones as a bonus.

nash72

Reaction score
Josea16":17uudlim said:
nash72":17uudlim said:
c_hawkbob":17uudlim said:

elite
/eɪˈliːt,ɪˈliːt/
noun

Does it make you happy to be so ridiculously negative that you make no sense? Personally I believe you are trolling or 12 years old, likely both but whatever, do your thing Nash it's weirdly entertaining in a negative and sick way.

Look I love darkness and am the most cynical sonofabitch you will ever meet that will smile at you face to face and laugh at your faux negative bullshit right behind your back. Point is even I think you're either trolling and being ridiculous on purpose or pure stupid or not an actual fan of the Seahawks and it's gone beyond boring and tired.

I'm negative because the team we all love had words like dynasty being thrown around while mentioning them a few years ago and in reality, the biggest memory anybody will have of this team is the Super Bowl we screwed the pooch in. This team has the talent and the players now to win titles and they are pissing it away. For one i'll start with Pete Carroll. I've never liked the guy to be honest. I feel he's an excellent judge of talent and can put a defense together like no other. I also feel he's a terrible X's and O's coach that does a lot of stupid things. I don't like that he lets the inmates run the asylum either. One last thing is this loyalty BS he has with his coaching staff. Out of the bums we have on the sideline, Sherman Smith was the one to go? Regardless, I owe Pete a debt of gratitude for putting together a team that won us our first SB, but he also cost us another one and frankly at this point, I don't think he's good enough to get us back to another. Great time to be a Seahawk fan, but we're all going to sit around and wonder what could have been.

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":3n6sk0qn said:
Josea16":3n6sk0qn said:
nash72":3n6sk0qn said:
c_hawkbob":3n6sk0qn said:

elite
/eɪˈliːt,ɪˈliːt/
noun

I'm negative because the team we all love had words like dynasty being thrown around while mentioning them a few years ago and in reality, the biggest memory anybody will have of this team is the Super Bowl we screwed the pooch in. This team has the talent and the players now to win titles and they are pissing it away. For one i'll start with Pete Carroll. I've never liked the guy to be honest. I feel he's an excellent judge of talent and can put a defense together like no other. I also feel he's a terrible X's and O's coach that does a lot of stupid things. I don't like that he lets the inmates run the asylum either. One last thing is this loyalty BS he has with his coaching staff. Out of the bums we have on the sideline, Sherman Smith was the one to go? Regardless, I owe Pete a debt of gratitude for putting together a team that won us our first SB, but he also cost us another one and frankly at this point, I don't think he's good enough to get us back to another. Great time to be a Seahawk fan, but we're all going to sit around and wonder what could have been.

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":12jjz6h4 said:
Josea16":12jjz6h4 said:
nash72":12jjz6h4 said:
c_hawkbob":12jjz6h4 said:

elite
/eɪˈliːt,ɪˈliːt/
noun

You, not me, or anyone that followed this team before Pete and John. The NFL isn't the NBA or even the MLB. It isn't fantasy football or Nintendo. The NFL requires a team, not just flashy stars to be just successful let alone elite. And far better wondering what could have been like Dallas then be what the hell like Cleveland or Miami, Jets, Atlanta......(Atlanta just wasted their last shot with their current team and quarterback) because we are reloading and others are coming to faceplant them right back where they belong. Carolina and Tampa Bay aren't fooling around and will be serious factors this year. Especially in the NFCS.

I don't have the whack manlove of Quinn that many do here. So he can lose and die just like every other team as far as I care.

nash72

Reaction score
Josea16":3o6yzo1q said:
nash72":3o6yzo1q said:
You, not me, or anyone that followed this team before Pete and John. The NFL isn't the NBA or even the MLB. It isn't fantasy football or Nintendo. The NFL requires a team, not just flashy stars to be just successful let alone elite. And far better wondering what could have been like Dallas then be what the hell like Cleveland or Miami, Jets, Atlanta......(Atlanta just wasted their last shot with their current team and quarterback) because we are reloading and others are coming to faceplant them right back where they belong. Carolina and Tampa Bay aren't fooling around and will be serious factors this year. Especially in the NFCS.

I don't have the whack manlove of Quinn that many do here. So he can lose and die just like every other team as far as I care.

I like Quinn. Wish we still had him.

Anyhow, I think the Seahawks have more talent than the Patriots, but there's a big difference between the two and i'll let you guess what that is.

Josea16

Reaction score
nash72":3kdeg8ij said:
Josea16":3kdeg8ij said:
nash72":3kdeg8ij said:

Anyhow, I think the Seahawks have more talent than the Patriots, but there's a big difference between the two and i'll let you guess what that is.
So simple and obvious. Please up your game troll.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
nash72":32261jxp said:
Josea16":32261jxp said:
nash72":32261jxp said:

I don't think anybody would argue that Belichick is the superior coach and Brady the superior QB. If they were to argue that, well, that would make me laugh. Pete done real good for us a while back. RW exceeded expectations and might yet grow into a great QB.

For now, though, your point is correct. Patriots are the superior team top to bottom. They are a historic dynasty. Hawks are so far a one-and-done team that might be further eroding.

I hope they pull it together, but there is plenty to suggest they won't.

We shall see.

Josea16

Reaction score
semiahmoo":nklohnlb said:
nash72":nklohnlb said:
Josea16":nklohnlb said:
nash72":nklohnlb said:

I don't think anybody would argue that Belichick is the superior coach and Brady the superior QB. If they were to argue that, well, that would make me laugh. Pete done real good for us a while back. RW exceeded expectations and might yet grow into a great QB.

For now, though, your point is correct. Patriots are the superior team top to bottom. They are a historic dynasty. Hawks are so far a one-and-done team that might be further eroding.

We shall see.
And Heckle shows up right after Jeckle. Don't either of you fools get tired of your bullshit? I am for one. If I didn't have a job I might actually care what both you jokers post ad nauseam. Interesting to see that both of you back off when someone, anyone (myself calls you exactly what you are and do). Both of you bore me, just be happy I don't give a shit about your ignorant opinions.

What the hell? You both hate the Seahawks and love the Patriots. They are awesome, unless you understand they sucked Cleveland Browns level until Tom Brady arrived. Just like us before Russell Wilson. And he still gets a 10-5-1 record and wins the division and wins a playoff game as usual while being injured seriously enough to not actually play.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":20opnq5h said:
nash72":20opnq5h said:
Josea16":20opnq5h said:
nash72":20opnq5h said:

We shall see.
And Heckle shows up right after Jeckle. Don't either of you fools get tired of your bullshit? I am for one. If I didn't have a job I might actually care what both you jokers post ad nauseam. Interesting to see that both of you back off when someone, anyone (myself calls you exactly what you are and do). Both of you bore me, just be happy I don't give a shit about your ignorant opinions.

What the hell? You both hate the Seahawks and love the Patriots. They are awesome, unless you understand they sucked Cleveland Browns level until Tom Brady arrived. Just like us before Russell Wilson. And he still gets a 10-5-1 record and wins the division and wins a playoff game as usual while being injured seriously enough to not actually play.
Hmmmm. I think I have had squabbles with Joeea in the past; but right now he is my knight in shining armor as I
Understand he is a true Hawks' fan!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
This Nash and this Semihoo, whatever that means, are obviously Patriots fans trying to break our ranks. I'd love to make a plea to the mods to sniff their ruse out and deal with them appropriately.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Part of the problem may be that Pete's system just isn't sustainable long term in the NFL. Some one already noted that his father Rs pep talk stuff has lost its affect on some of the older guys and when those dolts openly mock it then that also affects the younger guys. More importantly the "always compete" is impossible to sustain once you have to start paying guys and letting other guys walk. Once a guy gets that cap eating salary you have to make use of them as much as possible to mitigate what their salary is costing you not being able to fill other positions. Those guys we lose to the cap are usually the depth and with out them our full tilt practices take as much toll as games do. Guys get beat up.
No . It might be wise for Pete to work on a new approach. Otherwise he has to find away back to making every player on the roster expendable.

Latest posts