Bowl Projections

seahawk2k

Reaction score
You really are fixating on that Ducks lost to Stanford and how it feels. If you are such a big Husky fan, surely you know how that feels to blow a shot at a National Title. 1990 against UCLA ring a bell? 1982 against WSU? So, how does it feel?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
What Oregon lacks in tradition they make up in Disney licensed cartoon mascots.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
CPHawk":vsovn01j said:
Finally a UW fan doing this here on the seahawk site, I've said for years UW fans are just like 49er fans. You do and say the exact things that piss off every Seahawk fan even after getting your ass kicked you bring up ancient history.

Anyways UW fan=49er fan

And not 1 person outside of UW thinks UW has the top lb. Shaq is your only legit player and you are fn him and putting him at LB . He could be a better Cam Chancellor.

So Ohio State, Michigan, teams in the SEC, etc. currently suck, when they talk about tradition? Are those fans also like 49er fans? LOL. The fact is UO fans are jealous of the fact they don't have tradition and UW does. Continue to be jealous of UW. Haha.

In college, tradition matters. Like I said, it's the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't bet on it. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).

BTW, you obviously don't know anything about UW's team. Many people feel UW's LBs may be the best in the PAC. Travis Feeney might be better than Shaq. He's a lot faster at OLB and he's extremely physical and he's a beast. He was moved from safety and it was the best decision Wilcox has made so far. John Timu isn't as big as many MLBs, but he's extremely fast for the position. IMO, UW will have the fastest LB crew in the PAC next year. That's great for defending Oregon. They will just have to be disciplined.

Shaq wanted to move to LB. He's continually stated that he has always wanted to move to LB and closer to the line of scrimmage, because even in high school, he was never good at covering for long periods of time. He said he loves the physicality of the position. If he wanted to play safety he could be there, because he's better than Shamburger (Shamburger isn't bad, though), but he'll be a much, much better OLB.

But, Shaq will play all over the field and UW may move him around. IMO, he's not the best OLB on the team (Travis Feeney), but he's the most versatile one, with his ability to play any position on the field adequately, except on the D-line. Don't worry about UW, though. Worry about how well you've replaced Kelly and how much you'll drop off. UW will be fine and will have the best OLB crew in the conference and will have a great back 7.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3sv7ripj said:
You really are fixating on that Ducks lost to Stanford and how it feels. If you are such a big Husky fan, surely you know how that feels to blow a shot at a National Title. 1990 against UCLA ring a bell? 1982 against WSU? So, how does it feel?

I know it happened, but how I am supposed to know how it FEELS? I wasn't alive then. That's the difference between knowing you have tradition and FEELING those wins and losses.

UO fans FELT that loss (choke job) last year, because they saw the game and experienced that failure. I didn't experience or FEEL those choke jobs. Understand?

I felt that choke job versus Washington State, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't matter. If UW won that game and the Boise game, then UW would have been 9-4 and they would have improved, but it really wouldn't have mattered. It wasn't like UW choked away a chance for a title. (Like UO did, haha.)

UW fans want to win championships. Going 9-4 or 7-6 makes no difference to me. It's a failure either way. Once we got hammered by LSU and Oregon and Arizona, the season didn't matter. Wilcox (Oregon grad) was unable to do his job and so UW was unable to compete. UO fans blame Sark. Is that fair? Who coached that defense? Blame Wilcox. He was the reason for UW's lack of success last year.

If UW had choked against a team they should have beat in an attempt to win the title (like Oregon did), then I would have been very disappointed. It would have hurt. Just like the Super Bowl hurt for Seahawks fans. That's why that game must have hurt pretty bad for Oregon fans. That's all I'm saying. LOL.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
My young little Husky fan, totally made an internal bet with myself on your age and nailed it.

The reason I asked wasn't to prompt you repeating yourself about UW's tradition. A tradition that was built before you were born by the way. The reason I asked is because as a fan, or a fan for a long time, you experience a lot of terrible losses. As a fan, a real fan, I'd think you'd feel empathy for other fanbases that endure the same losses. Sure, you blindly hate the Ducks, I get that, part of your newfound fandom. But we're all fans and no different than the other than the fact that our life's confluence of events led us to root for different teams. To me, when I watched that Oregon game, I thought, damn, that sucks, I know how that feels, and I won't wish that on anybody.

You ask how it feels for Oregon fans, compare it to the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and laugh about it, in your wooden syntaxt that ends with flat laughter on your part. Are you a Hawks fan? Why would you wish that experience on anyone but your mortal enemy? You are reveling in it when it happens to a fanbase that you hate/envy from afar?

Furthermore, do you go to UW? Or are you one of those UW fans that never went there? I've found the most obnoxious UW fans, those pounding the drum of tradition and long since vanished elite status, didn't actually go to the school. The ones that actually went there, pretty humble people.

Lastly, if you knew anything about Oregon, you'd realize that Phil Knight has galvanized the rest of the deep pocketed donor base to help fund these projects. They also have a very profitable(for both sides) connection with Nike, doubt that ends when Knight leaves. Its good business. The only thing that will kill Oregon is the rest of the conference catching up(already happening), sanctions(looks like that ship has sailed) or just the slow decay of the attention to detail and relentlessness that has become a symbol of their program since Chip got there.

Keep spitting your UW propaganda though. One thing to remember. Tradition is not something that is established and therefore remains permanent. Tradition is ongoing, and it can be built. It can be gained and it can be lost. Study the game you talk so brashly about before you come on here with your rhetoric. You're embarassing yourself.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
seahawk2k":362l60sp said:
My young little Husky fan, totally made an internal bet with myself on your age and nailed it.

The reason I asked wasn't to prompt you repeating yourself about UW's tradition. A tradition that was built before you were born by the way. The reason I asked is because as a fan, or a fan for a long time, you experience a lot of terrible losses. As a fan, a real fan, I'd think you'd feel empathy for other fanbases that endure the same losses. Sure, you blindly hate the Ducks, I get that, part of your newfound fandom. But we're all fans and no different than the other than the fact that our life's confluence of events led us to root for different teams. To me, when I watched that Oregon game, I thought, damn, that sucks, I know how that feels, and I won't wish that on anybody.

You ask how it feels for Oregon fans, compare it to the Seahawks Super Bowl loss and laugh about it, in your wooden syntaxt that ends with flat laughter on your part. Are you a Hawks fan? Why would you wish that experience on anyone but your mortal enemy? You are reveling in it when it happens to a fanbase that you hate/envy from afar?

Furthermore, do you go to UW? Or are you one of those UW fans that never went there? I've found the most obnoxious UW fans, those pounding the drum of tradition and long since vanished elite status, didn't actually go to the school. The ones that actually went there, pretty humble people.

Lastly, if you knew anything about Oregon, you'd realize that Phil Knight has galvanized the rest of the deep pocketed donor base to help fund these projects. They also have a very profitable(for both sides) connection with Nike, doubt that ends when Knight leaves. Its good business. The only thing that will kill Oregon is the rest of the conference catching up(already happening), sanctions(looks like that ship has sailed) or just the slow decay of the attention to detail and relentlessness that has become a symbol of their program since Chip got there.

Keep spitting your UW propaganda though. One thing to remember. Tradition is not something that is established and therefore remains permanent. Tradition is ongoing, and it can be built. It can be gained and it can be lost. Study the game you talk so brashly about before you come on here with your rhetoric. You're embarassing yourself.

Damn. What a laughable and completely inaccurate post. LOL. Let me clear some stuff up.

Let me make something clear. I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school. I couldn't care less if they won that game or not. The fact is they didn't. So when UO fans act like Kelly is God, I point out that he was the coach when they had that choke job against Stanford. The same team Sark beat. The same Sark that UO fans all hate on. Haha. Get it? I doubt it.

I didn't wish it on them. It happened, whether I wished it or not. That's a fact. You act like Oregon only choked, because I wished it on them. BTW, I feel empathy for people starving in Africa or suffering from cancer or some other disease. We're fans of a football team. There's nothing to feel empathy about. Football means nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I don't know if you truly understand that.

If you're going to cry about a sporting event, then there's something seriously wrong with you. There was something seriously wrong with those Oregon fans crying after that Stanford choke job. I was laughing my ass off, watching UO fans cry over a football game. It's not like they suffered a real life tragedy. You need to put things in perspective. BTW, sports fans all over are happy when their rivals lose.

Are you going to tell me you weren't happy the 49ers lost the Super Bowl? Did you feel empathy for the 49ers fans? I didn't and I'm not going to apologize for that. BTW, I dislike the way Oregon has sold out to win, but I don't hate them. I am a fan of a program with tradition, so there's no reason for me to envy UO.

BTW, tradition doesn't change whether I was born or not. It is what is. The fact is tradition is something to be proud of. It shows a program that lasts. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade dating back 7 decades, except the one we're presently in. UW has national title and has the second best tradition (after USC) in the PAC. Something to be proud of.

Phil Knight is the only reason Nike puts millions into Oregon. I doubt that a future Nike CEO will have the same fascination with helping Oregon succeed, so I doubt they'll continue to pour millions into the football program. Without the Nike money, UO will be on even footing with every other school in the PAC.

Who do you think pays for all these renovations of the football program? Without Knight, Oregon is a mediocre program without tradition, like they've been for the 100 years before Knight. What's to envy about that? LOL.

Propaganda? How is posting the truth on a message board and communicating/debating with others, propaganda?

BTW, how is tradition lost? How do you lose 7 Rose Bowls? How do you lose the national title trophy on the UW campus? How the hell do you lose tradition? How could Ohio State or Michigan or some SEC team, like Bama, lose tradition?

FYI, I'm a UW student and start a short summer class in a week, until school starts in September. And I've been a UW fan my whole life. Haha. Wrong again. But why do you care? I have friends that aren't UW students, who are as big UW fans as me.

pehawk

Reaction score
If we could only rid the board of 49er and Duck fans.

CPHawk

Reaction score
UCLA has a much better tradition (they have actually won a full MNC) and is actually still relevant, than the UW golden gophers.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
You do a brilliant job of not understanding what I write.

Its good business for Nike to invest in Oregon. Apparently you do not understand this but you need to accept this. UW has a great business school, maybe they will teach you the what and the why of it there.

What does tradition mean if you haven't won anything in years? What has Pittsburgh's tradition earned them recently? How many games has that won for them? What about Michigan State? Fordham? Celebrate your tradition, but do not think that it earns you anything right now.

Your rhetorical tropes are weak. Deemphasizing the entire sport of football to make your point? The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it. Isn't that why you are here?

How has Oregon sold out? A booster invested in the program after they made a Rose Bowl. Doesn't UW have similarily deep pocketed boosters not only for the athletic program but for the entire university? Don't corporations also build academic buildings on UW's campus? How is accepting funding from an alumni selling out? UW fans fixate on this whole Phil Knight thing to an insane degree. Rich Brooks laid the foundation, built a Rose Bowl team and then they solicited Knight. I don't understand how that is selling out? Being a whore for sometime hideous uniform experiments? Yeah, I think they might be guilty of that though. Especially those uniforms they wore for that bowl game against BYU, just awful.

You said the following "I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school." This is after you have spent an entire thread ripping the Ducks because a Duck fan took a petty shot at your team and coach. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth sport.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
CPHawk":cywoiacf said:
UCLA has a much better tradition (they have actually won a full MNC) and is actually still relevant, than the UW golden gophers.

How many Rose Bowls does UCLA have? Hint: Less than UW.

UW could say they have 2 or even 3 NCs, like it says in Wikipedia, but UW only says that we have one. A full and real NC. How many does Oregon have again? Haha. Continue to be jealous of UW and UW's success.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
seahawk2k":v57olcyd said:

Its good business for Nike to invest in Oregon. Apparently you do not understand this but you need to accept this. UW has a great business school, maybe they will teach you the what and the why of it there.

What does tradition mean if you haven't won anything in years? What has Pittsburgh's tradition earned them recently? How many games has that won for them? What about Michigan State? Fordham? Celebrate your tradition, but do not think that it earns you anything right now.

Your rhetorical tropes are weak. Deemphasizing the entire sport of football to make your point? The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it. Isn't that why you are here?

How has Oregon sold out? A booster invested in the program after they made a Rose Bowl. Doesn't UW have similarily deep pocketed boosters not only for the athletic program but for the entire university? Don't corporations also build academic buildings on UW's campus? How is accepting funding from an alumni selling out? UW fans fixate on this whole Phil Knight thing to an insane degree. Rich Brooks laid the foundation, built a Rose Bowl team and then they solicited Knight. I don't understand how that is selling out? Being a whore for sometime hideous uniform experiments? Yeah, I think they might be guilty of that though. Especially those uniforms they wore for that bowl game against BYU, just awful.

You said the following "I don't give a shit about Oregon or their school." This is after you have spent an entire thread ripping the Ducks because a Duck fan took a petty shot at your team and coach. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth sport.

What's not to understand? You love Oregon and you defend them with all your heart. It's fine, man. It's ok. I get it. LOL.

It's good business, because Knight is the CEO of Nike and he wants Oregon to win. Nike could invest in any school and it would be "good business". Your business degree should hopefully help you understand that. I'm not taking business (engineering, in fact), but thanks for the unhelpful advice.

Tradition is what sets apart programs that last and ones that don't. UW has won Rose Bowls in 7 straight decades. UO has been good for a decade, due to Knight. Without Knight, UO is a mediocre program with no tradition. Like I said, without Knight, Oregon will be back to what it was for the previous 90 years. The bandwagon fans will be gone and Autzen will be as empty as it used to be.

If, as you state, "The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it.", then is that a good thing? Seems that people care too much about things they have no control over. I won't cry, if UW doesn't succeed this year. I'm smart enough to know that athletics mean nothing, in the grand scheme of things. They're not to be taken as seriously as you take them. But, you can cry your eyes out over Oregon's next choke job, if you like. I won't mind. Haha.

Oregon has sold out by spending all their money on athletics (mainly football), while maintaing their below par academic reputation. They've allowed Knight to do whatever he wants on the campus, like he's the owner of the school. As if UO is an NFL team and Knight is their Paul Allen. The school has zero integrity.

It doesn't matter to me, but it is what it is. Different uniforms worn, with no regard for school colors, and a ton (all) of their money going into football. I'm happy that UW hasn't forgotten that they are an institution of higher learning and they haven't sold out to win games. I'm sure you're happy that UO focuses on a meaningless sport, while their students get a below average degree, which impacts their life and truly matters, unlike football, which doesn't matter.

What you don't get is that if a WSU or OSU fan had talked shit, then I would have responded with similar comments. I'm having fun smack talking on a sports forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Calm down, man. LMAO.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":1snv92yx said:
seahawk2k":1snv92yx said:

What's not to understand? You love Oregon and you defend them with all your heart. It's fine, man. It's ok. I get it. LOL.

It's good business, because Knight is the CEO of Nike and he wants Oregon to win. Nike could invest in any school and it would be "good business". Your business degree should hopefully help you understand that. I'm not taking business (engineering, in fact), but thanks for the unhelpful advice.

Tradition is what sets apart programs that last and ones that don't. UW has won Rose Bowls in 7 straight decades. UO has been good for a decade, due to Knight. Without Knight, UO is a mediocre program with no tradition. Like I said, without Knight, Oregon will be back to what it was for the previous 90 years. The bandwagon fans will be gone and Autzen will be as empty as it used to be.

If, as you state, "The entire nature of being a sports fan is taking a relatively meaningless event and caring deeply about it.", then is that a good thing? Seems that people care too much about things they have no control over. I won't cry, if UW doesn't succeed this year. I'm smart enough to know that athletics mean nothing, in the grand scheme of things. They're not to be taken as seriously as you take them. But, you can cry your eyes out over Oregon's next choke job, if you like. I won't mind. Haha.

Oregon has sold out by spending all their money on athletics (mainly football), while maintaing their below par academic reputation. They've allowed Knight to do whatever he wants on the campus, like he's the owner of the school. As if UO is an NFL team and Knight is their Paul Allen. The school has zero integrity.

It doesn't matter to me, but it is what it is. Different uniforms worn, with no regard for school colors, and a ton (all) of their money going into football. I'm happy that UW hasn't forgotten that they are an institution of higher learning and they haven't sold out to win games. I'm sure you're happy that UO focuses on a meaningless sport, while their students get a below average degree, which impacts their life and truly matters.

What you don't get is that if a WSU or OSU fan had talked shit, then I would have responded with similar comments. I'm having fun smack talking on a sports forum. You are taking this way too seriously. Calm down, man. LMAO.

Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. From past interaction I believe he's a coug and a fan of the pac 12 in general, but not positive on that.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3ozt0uzc said:
Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. I believe he's a coug, but not positive on that.

Are you sure about that?

I don't know what he is, but he seems like a Ducks fan to me, with the way he defends UO. He defends UO more than some UO fans. LOL.

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2e11kcv3 said:
Dawgs0":2e11kcv3 said:
seahawk2k":2e11kcv3 said:

It doesn't matter to me, but it is what it is. Different uniforms worn, with no regard for school colors, and a ton (all) of their money going into football. I'm happy that UW hasn't forgotten that they are an institution of higher learning and they haven't sold out to win games. I'm sure you're happy that UO focuses on a meaningless sport, while their students get a below average degree, which impacts their life and truly matters.

Pssst. Seahawk2k is not a Ducks fan. I believe he's a coug, but not positive on that.

No wonder he's always mad

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":ykyxe885 said:
JSeahawks":ykyxe885 said:

Are you sure about that?

I don't know what he is, but he seems like a Ducks fan to me, with the way he defends UO. He defends UO more than some UO fans. LOL.

I don't think he's defending the Ducks as much as he's setting straight a Husky fan who's making himself look like a fool.

LOL. Haha.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33yp9fmd said:
Dawgs0":33yp9fmd said:
JSeahawks":33yp9fmd said:

Are you sure about that?

I don't think he's defending the Ducks as much as he's setting straight a Husky fan who's making himself look like a fool.

LOL. Haha.

You mad bro? Hahaha.

I know an Oregon fan made this post, but I still can't believe the ignorance in it. So according to you, posting facts make you look like a fool? Disagreeing with UO fans make you look like a fool? LMAO.

That's really funny. I'd be a little surprised by the post if a non-Oregon fan made it, but as it is, I'm not. Continue to be jealous of all things UW. LOL.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":xymykuqy said:
No. Typing LOL and HAHA after every sentence makes you look like a fool, unless you're a 14 year old girl.

Aren't you a mod? Didn't know taking shots at other posters was allowed. Or do you not follow the rules? LOL.

Latest posts