Bowl Projections

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw. As a Seahawks fan, are you jealous of the Rams?

They've been incredibly average at times, and at times completely terrible the last few years, (like the Huskies) but yes they've won a Championship sometime in the last century (like the Huskies). Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a Seahawks fan.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":x7uru4ff said:

They've been incredibly average the last few years, but yes they've won a Superbowl sometime in the last century. Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a sports fan.

I'm jealous of their Super Bowl. Just like, you are likely jealous of UW's tradition, 7 Rose Bowls, and UW's National Championship trophy. LMAO.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":1ppewylm said:
JSeahawks":1ppewylm said:

They've been incredibly average the last few years, but yes they've won a Superbowl sometime in the last century. Saying that I am jealous of the Huskies would be like saying i'm jealous of the Rams.... which has never once crossed my mind as a sports fan.

I'm jealous of their Super Bowl. Just like, you are likely jealous of UW's tradition, 7 Rose Bowls, and UW's National Championship trophy. LMAO.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.

I actually root for UW to win most of their games and hope they destroy Boise State. A good Husky team is good for a my Ducks team. Husky fans who've been around here for awhile and know some of my posting history can attest to that.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":j26yeciv said:
Quite frankly, I couldn't care less what happened before I was a football fan. UW's tradition means absolutely nothing to me. Their Rose Bowls and National Championships mean absolutely nothing to me because I wasn't old enough to care.

If UW won a National championship this year, yes, I would be jealous. What they did 15 years ago or 60 years ago has absolutely no impact on my life or feelings I have towards that school or football program. You can believe me or not, but I could not possibly care less, or be less jealous of UW's tradition or past wins. Its meaningless to me.

Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Declaration of Independence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":1flruh60 said:
JSeahawks":1flruh60 said:

Whether you care or not, history matters. If UW won a title this year, it would have "absolutely no impact on your life or feelings you have towards that school or football program." Get it? It would make no difference WHEN UW won.

The present has as much to do with the past, as the past does with the present. When you say you don't care about history, then you are implying that you don't care about how the programs got here. That's sad and disappointing. I know UO has no tradition, but I still thought UO fans would care about how college football got here and how college programs are what they are today.

But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Dec. of Indepence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?

History of my country (life) and the history of a random football program (entertainment) have absolutely no correlation to each other. I'm done with you. its not even worth my time.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":264sdsau said:
Dawgs0":264sdsau said:
JSeahawks":264sdsau said:

But that's your choice. If you want to ignore history, because you weren't alive, then you can ignore the Dec. of Indepence as well, because you weren't alive or anything else in the past that happened before you were alive. That's what you are implying. Why do you feel that way?

History of my country (life) and the history of a random football program (entertainment) have absolutely no correlation to each other. I'm done with you. its not even worth my time.

If it's entertainment, then why would you be jealous at all? Why would you care that UW won, if they won next year? If it doesn't matter, then why would you care? I guess it does matter. Haha.

If you have no answers, then that's fine. I've met numerous people, who don't want to admit they're wrong. LOL.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Dawgso, I'm not an Oregon alum. I went to WSU. If you could read, you'd realize that. I'm a fan of the Pac 12, I grew up as a Husky fan and root for them 11 games out of the year, even against Oregon.

And just because I'm not ending every sentence with "Haha" or "LMAO" doesn't mean I'm mad or I'm taking this seriously. I'm fairly neutral about this, just trying to figure out this argumentative young pup. For the last decade Husky fans have ceaselessly bitched about the Ducks and acted like their success is not earned. I don't understand the fascination.

You are clearly arguing just to argue at this point. Run along now.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
seahawk2k":3lwu5w82 said:
Dawgso, I'm not an Oregon alum. I went to WSU. If you could read, you'd realize that. I'm a fan of the Pac 12, I grew up as a Husky fan and root for them 11 games out of the year, even against Oregon.

And just because I'm not ending every sentence with "Haha" or "LMAO" doesn't mean I'm mad or I'm taking this seriously. I'm fairly neutral about this, just trying to figure out this argumentative young pup. For the last decade Husky fans have ceaselessly bitched about the Ducks and acted like their success is not earned. I don't understand the fascination.

You are clearly arguing just to argue at this point. Run along now.

WSU fan? I get the jealousy and hate now. Haha.

Like I've said, UO has sold out and I've explained why. If you want to call that "earned" then that's fine, but IMO there's a reason no other fan I've met of another school respects them. UO has no integrity.

But, continue to defend UO. UO and WSU fans share something. They don't have UW's tradition and are jealous of UW. I get it. LOL.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
“It is the mark of the mind untrained to take its own processes as valid for all men, and its own judgments for absolute truth.”

Dawgs0

Reaction score
So, you believe that there are no facts in this thread? Only judgments? LOL.

There are some "cold, hard facts" in this thread, in which it would be ignorant to argue them.

But, continue with the condescending insults. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between and notice who the college student is and who the college grad is. Haha.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Dawgs0":2n76j088 said:
So, you believe that there are no facts in this thread? Only judgments? LOL.

There are some "cold, hard facts" in this thread, in which it would be ignorant to argue them.

But, continue with the condescending insults. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between and notice who the college student is and who the college grad is. Haha.

Shut up prelag.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Reading how you interpret my posts is a constant source of amusement for me. I look forward to a full football season of this.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
He, this turned into a dawg and duck fight. Cool. Where's that popcorn eating emoticon???