Bowl Projections

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2didxjrf said:
I don't think they choked. Its not like they had a lead and choked it away *cough cough apple cup and UW's bowl game*. They just lost a football game to a really good football team. It happens. I don't remember Kellys post game presser but my guess is that he gave Stanford a ton of credit and praise.

Your kicker choked pretty bad. LOL. It must have hurt seeing your title hopes disappear like that.

BTW, I see Oregon fans bring up the fact that Hogan didn't start vs. UW. What does that have to do with the fact that UW scored more points against the elite Stanford defense, than the Oregon offense? Even while Keith Price threw a pick six? Why did the "elite" Mariota disappear like that? LOL.

Also, Justin Wilcox (Oregon grad) was far more responsible for the losses against the spread teams. You can't beat teams like Oregon in shoot outs. You have to slow them down and Wilcox was incapable of doing that against the spread teams all year long.

How is that Sark's fault? But keep hating. It's truly funny. Haha.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Stop you're just embarassing yourself. UW never lost a "shootout" with UO, that would imply your O could do anything against our first string D. Sanky got his numbers vs our 2 and 3.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Asse ... 031521.jpg

Dawgs0":1r7et80s said:
JSeahawks":1r7et80s said:
I don't think they choked. Its not like they had a lead and choked it away *cough cough apple cup and UW's bowl game*. They just lost a football game to a really good football team. It happens. I don't remember Kellys post game presser but my guess is that he gave Stanford a ton of credit and praise.

Your kicker choked pretty bad. LOL. It must have hurt seeing your title hopes disappear like that.

BTW, I see Oregon fans bring up the fact that Hogan didn't start vs. UW. What does that have to do with the fact that UW scored more points against the elite Stanford defense, than the Oregon offense? Even while Keith Price threw a pick six? Why did the "elite" Mariota disappear like that? LOL.

Also, Justin Wilcox (Oregon grad) was far more responsible for the losses against the spread teams. You can't beat teams like Oregon in shoot outs. You have to slow them down and Wilcox was incapable of doing that against the spread teams all year long.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":1m61w35s said:
JSeahawks":1m61w35s said:

Our kicker was not very good. I didn't see anybody bring up Hogan. Wilcox was a massive improvement for you guys.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My favorite Sark quote is this one from a radio interview:

Maisel: How do you measure the progress that's been made over the last 3 years?

Sark: Its been awesome. Sometimes you have to step back and take in the entire body of work and not just the end result. From where we began, from what we inherited, to today. I couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished. We've been to 3 consecutive bowl games, the only 2 other teams in our conference to do that are Stanford and Oregon. We were a 9-4 football team, but our record didn't show that.

Some more Sark logic from my fellow Duck fans:

I'm a male model, I just don't look like it because of my hair line and body fat.
We went undefeated, a bunch of teams just scored more points then us.

(I actually like Sark and think he's a great coordinator, I personally just don't see him as a really strong head coach)

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ffmshzu said:
Dawgs0":2ffmshzu said:
JSeahawks":2ffmshzu said:

Our kicker was not very good. I didn't see anybody bring up Hogan. Wilcox was a massive improvement for you guys.

Your kicker and your team choked against Stanford. There's no other way to say it.

I've seen UO fans bring up Hogan on this site and others for the fact that UW beat Stanford and Oregon didn't. That's all I'm saying.

Wilcox is an upgrade, but he's not the savior Oregon fans think he is (because he's an Oregon grad), even though he shut your offense down at Boise.

If Wilcox's defense played as well as they did against spread teams, as they did against pro style teams, UW would have competed with every team on their schedule, besides LSU. We'll have to hope they do this year, because if the defense does play that well, then UW will compete for a Pac 12 North title.

Sark and Wilcox have stated they know how to defend those spread teams now, so we'll see what happens. But, acting like Sark is the reason for UW's lack of success and Wilcox is not responsible is completely ignorant, IMO.

It would be like blaming Chip Kelly for a defensive failure, when he has no responsibility for the defense, instead of blaming Alioti.

BTW, the offensive line by all accounts has extremely improved. The injured guys have returned and Ben Riva is playing great after being moved to LT. We'll see what happens when the games start, but Sark is very confident. More confident than he has ever been in the O-line.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
Where did I say UW had a shootout? Please read the post again if you didn't understand it. I said UW will never be able to beat Oregon, if Wilcox's defense doesn't play better. That's a fact. UW will never be able to win a shootout with Oregon. Not many teams could.

If UW's defense plays like Stanford's defense, then UW will have a chance. If not, then that is Wilcox's (Oregon grad) fault. Not Sark's. It would be dumb to blame Sark for not scoring 51+ points. If Wilcox can't hold Oregon to less than at least 35 or hopefully 30, then Wilcox isn't doing the job, he is being HIGHLY paid for.

Blame Wilcox (Oregon grad, haha) for UW's inability to beat and defend spread teams, like Arizona, UO, and WSU, etc.

CPHawk":2o7v04iq said:
Stop you're just embarassing yourself. UW never lost a "shootout" with UO, that would imply your O could do anything against our first string D. Sanky got his numbers vs our 2 and 3.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Asse ... 031521.jpg

Dawgs0":2o7v04iq said:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0 is your name by any chance Ruth?

You keep arguing against things that nobody has even brought up. Nobody has said that Sark is solely responsible. Nobody has said that Wilcox is a savior (in fact most Duck fans I know don't like the guy based on the way his defenses played at Boise State).

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":13disifr said:

You keep arguing against things that nobody has even brought up. Nobody has said that Sark is solely responsible. Nobody has said that Wilcox is a savior (in fact most Duck fans I know don't like the guy based on the way his defenses played at Boise State).

Is Ruth a male UW student that you know? Then maybe. Haha.

BTW, which of the facts in my post don't you like? The fact that Sark beat Stanford and that your "greatest ever" QB Mariota couldn't do it? The fact that your team and Kelly choked in the final moments versus Stanford and UW actually played better in the final moments versus Stanford?

Which of these statements full of fact do you disagree with? You must not like facts, if you don't like these statements.

You guys act like Sark can't coach, when there is nothing (or very little) that he has done, that proves that statement. It's ignorant.

BTW, what was wrong with how Wilcox's defense played at Boise? The fact that he shut your offense down? LOL. There's nothing morally wrong with that, if you didn't know.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":1hb40uc1 said:
JSeahawks":1hb40uc1 said:

BTW, which of the facts in my post don't you like? The fact that Sark beat Stanford and that your "greatest ever" QB Mariota couldn't do it? The fact that your team and Kelly choked in the final moments versus Stanford and UW actually played better in the final moments versus Stanford?

Which of these statements full of fact do you disagree with? You must not like facts, if you don't like these statements.

You guys act like Sark can't coach, when there is nothing (or very little) that he has done, that proves that statement. It's ignorant.

BTW, what was wrong with how Wilcox's defense played at Boise? The fact that he shut your offense down? LOL. There's nothing morally wrong with that.

Ruth is a batshit crazy owner of a UW recruiting site who's hate for the Ducks goes way beyond fun sports rivalry and to a rather unhealthy place.

I don't think i'm arguing against any of your facts. Stanford was the better team that day and beat us. That's a simple fact. I'm not disputing it. I just don't get why you keep bringing up the Ducks losing to Stanford when you're a UW fan. I guess you're living through them since your team hasn't come within two touchdowns of us for a decade.

Most Duck fans feel like Wilcox taught his defenses at BSU to play dirty. Not only in the games against Oregon but in their game against Oregon State in 2010 as well.

Btw, congrats on beating Stanford. Gameday Champions!!! Woot woot.

47 35434 Y zps109bea2b

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dawgs0, If ifs and buts, where candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas. UW has maybe one guy on their D who would start for Stanford, so expecting them to shut UO down is more than likely asking to much.

You also keep saying Mariota is the greatest ever, he had a great Fr year but who said anything about being the GOAT? We've had 2 HOF Qb, Van Brocklin and Fouts, and put a bunch more qbs into the NFL, it will take a couple more great years for MM to be the greatest.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1cd2b6iu said:
Dawgs0":1cd2b6iu said:
JSeahawks":1cd2b6iu said:

BTW, what was wrong with how Wilcox's defense played at Boise? The fact that he shut your offense down? LOL. There's nothing morally wrong with that.

Ruth is a batshit crazy owner of a UW recruiting site who's hate for the Ducks goes way beyond fun sports rivalry and to a rather unhealthy place.

I don't think i'm arguing against any of your facts. Stanford was the better team that day and beat us. That's a simple fact. I'm not disputing it. I just don't get why you keep bringing up the Ducks losing to Stanford when you're a UW fan. I guess you're living through them since your team hasn't come within two touchdowns of us for a decade.

Most Duck fans feel like Wilcox taught his defenses at BSU to play dirty. Not only in the games against Oregon but in their game against Oregon State in 2010 as well.

Btw, congrats on beating Stanford. Gameday Champions!!! Woot woot.

47 35434 Y zps109bea2b

I know who Ruth is and what she does. She hurts UW at 247 more than she helps, with what she does in recruiting.

UW beat Stanford. Sark beat Stanford. Chip Kelly couldn't manage that. How does that feel? How does that choke job eliminating your chance for a title feel? Sark did something, that Chip Kelly couldn't. How does that feel? Haha.

BTW, most UW fans aren't insecure enough to only want to beat UO. UW fans want to win titles and Rose Bowls, like we've done before. UO fans can continue to be consumed by all things UW, though. I won't blame you. If my school had no tradition and had no history to be proud of, then I would try to beat the rivals that have more tradition than my school as well.

I won't apologize for the fact that UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. How does it feel to have much less tradition and history than your rival? I wouldn't know, so please tell me about the embarrassment you must feel. LOL.

So, most UO fans are sore losers and they blame Wilcox for their teams failure? Who knew? LOL. I won't mind if UO fans hate Sark and Wilcox next year, if UW wins. Hate Wilcox forever, as long as he does his job.

BTW, congrats on the 12-0* season, though. Check the link, haha. (You actually went 12-1 after the loss to Auburn, if you don't know. LOL.)

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFIm ... .jpg&w=400

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, cool, this is still happening? Anyone switch teams yet? JSeahawks wearing a pvisor?

Dawgs0

Reaction score
CPHawk":bnxfrg93 said:
Dawgs0, If ifs and buts, where candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas. UW has maybe one guy on their D who would start for Stanford, so expecting them to shut UO down is more than likely asking to much.

You also keep saying Mariota is the greatest ever, he had a great Fr year but who said anything about being the GOAT? We've had 2 HOF Qb, Van Brocklin and Fouts, and put a bunch more qbs into the NFL, it will take a couple more great years for MM to be the greatest.

I'm sure you don't know much about UW's roster, but I'll explain.

UW might have the best LB crew in the conference according to many. 3 future NFL players and top picks. Travis Feeney, John Timu, and Shaq Thompson are a fast and physical group. If they maintain their jobs and don't lose position and play well, they will have a chance to slow down Oregon's offense.

UW has a senior safety in Sean Parker, who is also a future NFL player and high round pick. Danny Shelton has a chance to be an elite NG. He has gotten better, than he was last year, when he was pretty good. Marcus Peters was good last year and he is back better than ever.

UW will have a pretty good back 7. The question is at DT and DE. We have some pretty good players and high ranked prospects, like Andrew Hudson, JoJo Mathis, Hauoli Jamora, Cory Littleton, Elijah Qualls, and Josh Shirley, but they will need to perform. If they play well, (GREAT) we'll have a chance to slow down your offense. It's not easy, but possible.

Some UO fans act like Mariota is the greatest QB in the universe, when the only time he played against an elite defense, (Stanford) he fell apart.

BTW, Warren Moon > Than your NFL QBs. Haha.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel? Honestly, who cares who beat who? We're talking about the Ducks and the Dawgs, how about we look at what is relevant... the head to head matchup and the overall record in the conference.

To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses (for the Ducks or Seahawks), footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

As for the rest of your post, history is history. I much prefer the here and now and am quite satisfied with the place my team is at. If you want to talk about ancient championships there are always 49er fans hanging around our board that you can bond with.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ts2h3mc said:
Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel? Honestly, who cares who beat who? We're talking about the Ducks and the Dawgs, how about we look at what is relevant... the head to head matchup and the overall record in the conference.

To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses, footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

As for the rest of your post, history is history. I much prefer the here and now and am quite satisfied with the place my team is at. If you want to talk about ancient championships there are always 49er fans hanging around our board that you can bond with.

Yes, let's talk head to head. Head to head UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. UW leads the series 58-42 head to head. How does that feel? You have to win 16 more JUST to catch up.

Isn't that head to head?

Tradition is the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. UW and USC have the best traditions in the PAC. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't know. I'm not sure. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Which of those Rose Bowl wins was your favorite? I bet you were really living it up at that 1960 game. Or was it the 1978 Rose Bowl that was your favorite?

Tradition is what teams that currently suck cling to when their rivals are kicking their asses every season.

Goodnight. Its been fun, I always enjoy talkin college football and getting Dawg fans riled up.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2d5z4dvm said:
Which of those Rose Bowl wins was your favorite? I bet you were really living it up at that 1960 game. Or was it the 1978 Rose Bowl that was your favorite?

Tradition is what teams that currently suck cling to when their rivals are kicking their asses every season.

Goodnight. Its been fun, I always enjoy talkin college football and getting Dawg fans riled up.

I loved this trophy and win. Check it out. BTW, you don't have one. Haha. http://outsidetheredzone.com/wp-content ... otball.jpg

So Ohio State, Michigan, teams in the SEC, etc. currently suck, when they talk about tradition? LOL. The fact is UO fans are jealous of the fact they don't have tradition and UW does. Continue to be jealous of UW. Haha.

Goodnight. I always enjoy teaching UO fans about football history, because most of them have only been fans of football for less than 10 years. (Hint: UO fan = bandwagon fan, LOL.)

Throwdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1x8w3ivb said:
Well, if you want to play this game, Chip Kelly beat the Cougs, but the Huskies Doog'd it against the Cougs. How's that feel?

Man, I was physically ill after watching that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Dawgs0":2gubnru0 said:
JSeahawks":2gubnru0 said:

To answer your question I was over the Stanford loss about sixty seconds after it happened, so it felt fine. i'm not one to get all bent out of shape over losses, footballs just entertainment to me. Same way that if the Huskies beat the Ducks this year i'll be over it after sixty seconds and ready to take the verbal lashing from many Dawg fans on this site who are probably lined up to rub it in.

Yes, let's talk head to head. Head to head UW has a "natty" and UO doesn't. UW has 7 Rose Bowls and UO doesn't. UW leads the series 58-42 head to head. How does that feel? You have to win 16 more JUST to catch up.

Isn't that head to head?

Tradition is the difference between a program that lasts and one that doesn't. UW and USC have the best traditions in the PAC. As other programs have risen and faded, UW has lasted. UW has won a Rose Bowl in every decade (dating back 6 or 7), except the one we're presently in.

When Phil Knight is gone, will UO continue to succeed? Will the wins continue? I wouldn't know. I'm not sure. That's the difference between a program with tradition (UW) and one that has tried to buy victories, because they don't have tradition (UO).

Finally a UW fan doing this here on the seahawk site, I've said for years UW fans are just like 49er fans. You do and say the exact things that piss off every Seahawk fan even after getting your ass kicked you bring up ancient history.

Anyways UW fan=49er fan

And not 1 person outside of UW thinks UW has the top lb. Shaq is your only legit player and you are fn him and putting him at LB . He could be a better Cam Chancellor.