Another side of the Seahawk's PED issues

bellingerga

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2mm4cig9 said:
Soon as I heard the word "homers", I dismissed the poster.

rightfully so. when someone starts out their post summing up an entire board of posters with an incredibly weak, wannabe insult, then obviously he has nothing of value to add.

mikeak

Reaction score
bubbrubb":17edj1ix said:
haha u dont use adderall to just get high...you use it to write that 20 page paper due in 10 hours!!!

Isn't writing 20 page papers due in 10 hours just called standard practice in College? Whoever did it any other way????

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3qicctty said:
I was reading the short article of Browner's reply to Harbaugh at ProFootballTalk.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...owner-would-like-to-wring-jim-harbaughs-neck/

Then I went on to read the comments sections of that article, which started with a lot of Seahawks hate but the tides starting turning towards the end with impressive rebuttals.

49ers fans constantly called the Seahawks cheaters.

Then two very smart posters pointed out that SFO's Larry Grant, Tarvares Gooden, and Clark Haggans were all suspended for substance abuse while with the 49ers.

Then one very intelligent poster pointed out of the Seahawk's 6 convictions:

Allen Barbe's violation occurred while a member of the Dolphins but only served his suspension with the Seahawks. Don't know if that is true.

John Moffitt has a prescription for Adderrall but didn't know he needed a special exemption from the NFL... which is why he only got served a 1 game suspension as opposed to 4.

Sherman was never found guilty by winning his appeal. He was also retested with nothing to show.

That leaves Browner, Guy, and Irvin as the 3 guys that were "rightfully" guilty as Seahawks under policy, the same amount of guys banned with SFO.

Whose to even say Browner and Guy used Adderall to enhance field performance, they easily could have used the drug to get high. Guy if I'm correct was only activated for the last 4 games after his suspension took place.

Irvin is probably the only guy who used something else, not going to say it was steroids, but probably a banned supplement.

No fans want the Seahawk's name dragged under the rug for PEDs, but I think there was some overreactions towards the Seahawks because of the issue, and it seems after the team meeting, everyone is on the same page about the stuff going on and holding each other accountable.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have a link that shows Barbre tested positive while with Miami?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't think that's accurate. As far as I can tell, Barbre was cut in Nov. 2010, went to the Dolphins for a while, got cut by Miami and was re-signed by Seattle in Nov. 2011. His suspension was announced in May 2012.

TJH

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mxd5qy8 said:
I smell a ninnies troll! Speaking of high horses its time to get off of yours sir!

This place is so funny sometimes. I love how anyone who doesn't automatically absolve every Seahawks of everything they ever did with no questions asked is instantly not a real fan.

Truth is, we have a problem, and desperately grasping to make other teams look worse doesn't help anyone. Trying to excuse it doesn't help either. Sherm got off on a technicality, Irvin was probably on roids, and the rest of them may or may not have even taken adderall, but taking their word for it is foolish.

INb4 NINERS HOMER TROLL JIM HARBAUGH LOVER LOL!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BBHawks":uwigrk0h said:
Sometimes the homerism around here is just astonishing. Do you guys really think an older veteran is taking adderall? Adderall is just what they always say they were taking. It's what agents tell their players to say they were taking. Players in the 30's don't need help with attention span. They need help with muscle mass and recuperation.

And you all can sit around here stroking each other about how over the line it is for Whiner fans to snicker about Seahawk PED incidents, but at the end of the day there is still the fact that our Seahawks have arguably the highest incidence of problems over the past five years and the Whiners have zero. And, they immediately got rid of and won't resign the only player who has had a problem with it. Grant is a good linebacker. They could have easily resigned him and he's capable of backing up either of their ILB's. But they didn't sign him. Can we get off our high horses.

I love it when somebody jumps on a higher horse to tell everyone else to get off their high horse. ;-)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TJH":4y6uzlwg said:
Sports Hernia":4y6uzlwg said:
I smell a ninnies troll! Speaking of high horses its time to get off of yours sir!

This place is so funny sometimes. I love how anyone who doesn't automatically absolve every Seahawks of everything they ever did with no questions asked is instantly not a real fan.

Truth is, we have a problem, and desperately grasping to make other teams look worse doesn't help anyone. Trying to excuse it doesn't help either. Sherm got off on a technicality, Irvin was probably on roids, and the rest of them may or may not have even taken adderall, but taking their word for it is foolish.

INb4 NINERS HOMER TROLL JIM HARBAUGH LOVER LOL!

Damn this off season is boring. Let's have some infighting among fans to pass the time.. as if what we're saying has any bearing on player behavior. And by all means, lets cowtow to what rival fans are saying.