Let's Talk Mariners

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Hold on a second now fellas. If things go like they usually do with this ballclub, they've got one more teaser run to inch up next to .500 before the ol' Mr. Burns' trap door swallows them again.

The Outfield

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1kpa6esp said:
Hold on a second now fellas. If things go like they usually do with this ballclub, they've got one more teaser run to inch up next to .500 before the ol' Mr. Burns' trap door swallows them again.

This usually occurs at the end of the season and tends to give us a glimmer of hope for the next season...

pinksheets

Reaction score
First game I go to: They deny me my rightful beardhat.
Second game I go to: Someone jacks my Felix bobblehead out from under my seat after plopping down in the seats behind me for a few minutes.

And that game sucked.

The Outfield

Reaction score
pinksheets":1y9rdo1n said:
Second game I go to: Someone jacks my Felix bobblehead out from under my seat after plopping down in the seats behind me for a few minutes.

And that game sucked.

That pisses me off.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pinksheets":rup2050s said:

And that game sucked.
Sounds like the Mariners don't want your business!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Churchill is hearing Ackley down to AAA and Franklin coming up. He's doing a chat tomorrow on Prospect Insider at 7, where he's supposedly going to answer my question of where Ackley fits if Franklin sticks. I'd imagine Ackley could move to the OF if/when he comes back up from AAA. Supposedly more moves coming, he says something will be happening with starting pitching. Who knows what that will be. Paxton won't be up until later in the summer at the earliest IMO, Walker obviously won't be coming up to the majors, and Hultzen is still dealing with some sort of injury. Hirang and Saunders both warrant replacement, but I don't see an option right now that's going to dramatically improve things. I'm happy with them letting Maurer ride out some of the ups and downs.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Outfield":3ldw8izd said:
pinksheets":3ldw8izd said:

And that game sucked.

That pisses me off.
I was thinking the whole game, too, "If I see some kid bawling his eyes out over not getting one, I'll just toss him mine," because I really didn't even care or expect to get one, I just happened to stroll through the left field gate which had basically no line. Just a funny juxtaposition with the events that actually transpired. I'm not going to get upset over a hunk of plastic, but man, I got into a bad mood after that just thinking how low people can go for basically any little tiny thing they want.

The Outfield

Reaction score
pinksheets":24somxf9 said:
Churchill is hearing Ackley down to AAA and Franklin coming up. He's doing a chat tomorrow on Prospect Insider at 7, where he's supposedly going to answer my question of where Ackley fits if Franklin sticks. I'd imagine Ackley could move to the OF if/when he comes back up from AAA. Supposedly more moves coming, he says something will be happening with starting pitching. Who knows what that will be. Paxton won't be up until later in the summer at the earliest IMO, Walker obviously won't be coming up to the majors, and Hultzen is still dealing with some sort of injury. Hirang and Saunders both warrant replacement, but I don't see an option right now that's going to dramatically improve things. I'm happy with them letting Maurer ride out some of the ups and downs.

Oh man, I hope that is true. I'd love to see Franklin in the majors. I think (and hope) he has true potential.

I'm still wondering what the deal is with Erasmo. He went on the DL, but I haven't really heard any updates or concrete time frame for when he should return.

The Outfield":24somxf9 said:

And that game sucked.

That pisses me off.
I was thinking the whole game, too, "If I see some kid bawling his eyes out over not getting one, I'll just toss him mine," because I really didn't even care or expect to get one, I just happened to stroll through the left field gate which had basically no line. Just a funny juxtaposition with the events that actually transpired. I'm not going to get upset over a hunk of plastic, but man, I got into a bad mood after that just thinking how low people can go for basically any little tiny thing they want.

I hear ya... that's just so low. It's along the lines of those adults who fight with a kid for a foul ball.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man I had such high hopes for Dustin this year, really hope he figures it out in Tacoma. I want to see a successful infield of Seager, Franklin, Ackley and Smoke.

chris98251

Reaction score
I just want to know what the coaches are doing, all these kids have lights out and success written on them when they get here, then coaches start working with them and change some stuff once they get to the big leagues and they falter. Yeah I know pitchers figure out what they are not good at, but good hitters learn to hit that stuff. Our kids look lost after a season at the plate. In fact even veterans coming in here that have been good before arriving in Seattle have looked lost after they arrive and our staff gets ahold of them.

The Outfield

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":36prmm50 said:
So....wasn't there supposed to be some hype about Triunfel a few years ago? He's looked shite so far.

I imagine he's another one of those players who will always be shite in a Mariners uniform, but once he's on another team, he'll be in the running for a batting title.

jkitsune

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2yodgwjj said:
So....wasn't there supposed to be some hype about Triunfel a few years ago? He's looked shite so far.
Many years ago when he was 17 or so people thought he'd be a star. That has faded over the years. He's still only 23 but I don't think many scouts think he'll be more than a potential backup barring a drastic turnaround

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
Are other teams having issues with players like we are and sending them to AAA? Is that a common practice? I haven't heard about it in the news other than with the mariners