Over/Under on Willson getting 18 receptions this year?

Will Willson have more than 18 receptions this year?

• Yes

Votes: 60 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 29.4%

• Total voters

themunn

Reaction score
i'm going under - he'll be at best the 5th receiver in a run heavy offense.
that mean's hell only be on the field for a limited number of snaps.

if he gets 18 i'd consider that a fantastic return, even considering wilson's penchant for spreading the ball around

oh wait, willson is our new TE, i keep getting him confused with harper

bestfightstory

Reaction score
He could as many as he wanted to. But we have good enough receivers that I've gotta think he would look kind of silly only throwing the ball to himself.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
20 receptions, 4 TDS. 1 from RW, 1 from Chris Harper, 1 from Sidney Rice, and 1 from Golden Tate. Actually nevermind, Tate's toss will get picked

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'll go with over for the simple fact that McCoy will be out for at least the first half of the season.

He's more athletic than McCoy so he'll get more separation. I can see 20 rec. and 3 TD's likely.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3bk06jka said:
He could as many as he wanted to. But we have good enough receivers that I've gotta think he would look kind of silly only throwing the ball to himself.

Doh! You beat me to it. First names are overrated anyhow.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Darren Fells will have at least 30 grabs...book it!!!11!!11!!11!!11

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think he'll get more than 18 for a few reasons. Some will argue that the passing attempts will be limited next year and that there won't be alot to go around. The Seahawks averaged 25 attempts in 2012, but that's not counting the passing attempts that turned into running opportunities. To be safe let's say 50% of Russell Wlson's rushing attempts were designed passes that he decided to tuck it and run. That puts you at 28 actual attempts per game. Assuming Sherman is correct and RW is much faster in getting through his reads and making decisions, I see no reason why he can't attempt 30-32 passes a game. If he's averaging 32 a game, and if he keeps his completion % around 62% (he was at 64% last year) that would mean you'd have 20 completions a game. It's not inconceivable that he could get 1-2 receptions on average per game.

I thing they'll be creative and design ways to get Willson the ball especially near the redzone where he can use his size to make plays. I'm also excited to see what kind of impact Harper will have, again as a redzone target to go up and get the ball I think both of these guys could be dynamic offering size that we don't really have at WR aside from Rice.

kearly

Reaction score
How many total receptions did Seattle's #3 TEs have last season? How much do #3 TEs typically get on most teams? I don't know the answers to those questions, but considering that Evan Moore was our #3 TE last year for nearly the entire season and had just one catch for six yards, I'm thinking 18 catches might be tough for a #3 TE to get, especially as a rookie on an extreme "spread the football" offense.

Edit: Just saw the McCoy news. Willson won't be a #3 next season.