Over/Under on Willson getting 18 receptions this year?

Will Willson have more than 18 receptions this year?

• Yes

Votes: 60 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 29.4%

• Total voters

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
We've had only one OTA and we are already speculating how many catches one of our Draftees will be making? Can we, at least, wait until the end of Training Camp to make this judgment?

Of course, we'd have nothing to talk about if we followed those guidelines.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Over 18 easily, especially in the wake of McCoy blowing out an Achilles. I see him as a quality #2 at this point, more of a receiver than a blocker, and he'll get around 25 rec for 400 with 3 TDs, unless Miller goes down as well. If Millier and McCoy are both down somehow, I would estimate Willson at approximately 35+ grabs, for 500, and at least 5TDs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
He would have to beat out Mcgrath to have a chance of getting near 18.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will use Willson a lot as a deep threat. Sending Willson out on post, flag or fly patterns at least several times a game, he'll probably be guarded by a LB or Safety, both of which Willson may have a significant speed advantage over. IMO, Willson ought to be good for a 2 catch per game average which would put him at a 32 catch minimum. Willson YPC should be well into the teens and total 500 yards or more for the coming season.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":7txrt7ya said:
I think the Seahawks will use Willson a lot as a deep threat. Sending Willson out on post, flag or fly patterns at least several times a game, he'll probably be guarded by a LB or Safety, both of which Willson may have a significant speed advantage over. IMO, Willson ought to be good for a 2 catch per game average which would put him at a 32 catch minimum. Willson YPC should be well into the teens and total 500 yards or more for the coming season.

I was thinking the same thing in that Willson's speed is something we have not had before and could be mis- match city. I can see Bevell designing something for him that would add a dimension to the offense. Now this is based on him making the team.

warden

Reaction score
Not enough offensive plays. 60 to 70 plays a game, the running game is going to eat up 25 to 30 of those. Rice, Harvin, Tate, Miller, Baldwin, sacks, incompletions, catches from RB and FBs and 5th and 6th string WRs will eat up most of the passing snaps. With Harvin in the mix this team will use the two TE package drastically less then in past years. Wilson will get less then 18 catches. Just not enough balls to go around.