2 tryout players signed-LEO- Mayowa, TE- Marshall

jlwaters1

Reaction score
http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/05/13/vic ... wa-signed/
Tight end Victor Marshall and defensive end Benson Mayowa, who participated in the Seahawks’ rookie minicamp over the weekend on a tryout basis, were signed today, the team announced.

Rookie linebacker Ramon Buchanan, who was signed as a free agent after the NFL Draft, was released.

Mayowa is pretty athletic, but never hit his potential at IDAHO. That can be partly blamed on the sub-standard coaching he received. I think he could be a good developmental LEO to stash on the practice squad to develop further.

As an Idaho fan -assuming he sticks around into fall camp, it will be fun to watch Toomer and Mayowa in the preseason games this AUG.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":2oy2klts said:
Pete mentioned a kid from Idaho being impressive in his presser yesterday. That must be him.

It is. Pete called him by his first name, Benson, in the presser.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny you metion that because I've always thought Kam would be a wicked LEO in certain situations.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I'm a Vandal, loved Benson's athleticism, remember watching him as a freshman and thinking, this guy is gonna be great...I believe our coaching staff let this young man down, and am stoked he is going to get his shot to be a Hawk.

noflyzone

Reaction score
Went to high school with Victor Marsall. Dude was super fast on the track. He also used to be skinny as a toothpick, but im guessing he's put on some muscle in the past six years. Juanita High School has 2 guys on the Seahawks, this is rad.

Jville

Reaction score
130515-marshall-350x350.jpg
Victor was also named Class 4-A All-Kingco First Team as a wide receiver during his senior year for the Juanita Rebels. He caught 29 balls in eight games for 633 yards and five touchdowns that year from then-quarterback Bryan Walters – that’s the same Bryan Walters that is now a wide receiver on the Seahawks roster.

Nice background story on a couple of kids working to beat the odds and make the team. :th2thumbs: at seahawks.com

Latest posts