Goodbye, Trufant. (Jags signed him)

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Thanks for everything Tru! Not the best CB ive seen but he had a couple great seasons and always gave full effort.

Best of luck this season in Jacksonville and retirement. Hope ur younger brothers do well except against the Seahawks!

Glad Gus game him at least one more season.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Thanks for everything Tru! Best of Luck!

Trufant was one one of my all-time favorites. Was hoping he'd retire a Hawk. Glad I got his autograph at VMAC last year.

The Radish

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2c2v0uyr said:
Now what do I do with my framed/autographed Trufant jersey? Or my autographed mini-helmet? Or my autographed Trufant clock?

Don't know about you but I will wear my Trufant jersey proudly.

:th2thumbs:

And I hope we don't miss his sure handed tackles.

kev007

Reaction score
vedthree":39w0ofuj said:
Largent80":39w0ofuj said:
Bye Marcus, thanks for the memories. One I remember was him flying down the sideline with an INT for a TD in the Wash. playoff game 2007.

Before the back injury, there was a good stretch of 3-4 years where you could make the case Trufant was the most dangerous guy on the whole team with the ball in his hands. Think he only wound up with 2-3 TD's in his career, but any INT he got where there was some space to work with, he always came within a few hairs of breaking it - very Golden Tate-ish. I've always thought that if Holmgren had taken some chances and used him on PR or some trick O plays, he could've really been electric.

One of my favourite Seahawks, would have liked him to retire as a 'Hawk but hope he is a success at his new team - he has 2 TD's from interceptions and he is that brilliant one vs Washington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrE2lIcrVlA

Kev

jammerhawk

Reaction score
And then there were none.

With Trufants signing and the earlier designation of Hills number to Avril the last of the 2005 XL Seahawks is gone. In fact at present there are only 4 players on the 91 man roster who were not picked by this regime.

Thanks for you service Marcus you will always be a Seahawk to me.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
vedthree":1gpmo1w7 said:
Trufant also isn't a good fit for the Nickel slot/Zone. He's always been much better on the outside, where I suspect he'll have a better shot at playing in JAX.

Nothing but best wishes to him. Tru has been a rock on & off the field for this franchise, community & entire frickin' state for almost 2 decades.

[youtube]WdKavv2sWdI[/youtube]

Man, that's what having a bulldozer collapsing the pocket does for your secondary... what a play... it's what we were missing last year and hoping we have on a consistant basis this year.

Oh ya, so long Marcus. Always a fan.

Subzero717

Reaction score
TruFan23":mr4xkxrs said:
Sad to see my favorite player go, good luck Tru!

I never would have guessed.

Good for him. His chances of making this roster were slim at best. There he has a chance to play and teach.

Is Bradley going to run our system? People always say Bradleys system and the Leo but we know its Petes. Is he taking it or we don't know?

sutz

Reaction score
I think he'll be a great asset to a franchise on the rebuild.

Best wishes, Tru and thanks for all the memories.

Don't forget to come back and retire here, though.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Great dude, good cover guy, great open field tackler. Thanks for the years Truf! Good luck in JAX!!

Spokane

Reaction score
Does Trufant make the Ring? I would say no, but its very close.

I am happy the guy gets to keep playing, one of our all time best DBs!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Fair thee well, Mr. Trufant

This is the first year since '99 that Truf hasn't been playing CB for my teams.

Marcus Trufant the Li'l Sebastian of Northwest Cornerbacks

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Fair winds and following seas, Tru! Hell of a player for us over the years. People say he's washed up, but I think a lot of that is caused by extra scrutiny on a very good defense. And I'd think he might just be an upgrade on a very bad Jacksonville team.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Tru was only good maybe 3 yrs other than that he lets the WR catch the ball and gets a tackle. He is a Jag now. Why is this not moved to the NFL forum. I have seen stuffed moved for less.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I've worn Trufant's jersey proudly for a decade+. I have 5 of 'em. He has been a cornerstone for a long time, both on and off the field. I am sad to see him go.

Best wishes Tru.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
themunn":285ctaow said:
strange that Gus Bradley would want to take the weak link from the Seattle D to Jacksonville

unless he knows something fans don't...

The Jags have a ton of rookies in the DB department they need a vet with a work ethic. Tru can teach them to be pros.