Goodbye, Trufant. (Jags signed him)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Always liked Trufant. I think he was undervalued by many of the fans the past season. I wish him nothing but the best in Jacksonville

drdiags

Reaction score
Congrats to him. Hopefully he makes the final 53. He can get you to the ground, tackling was never a weak point for him. That back problem he has though is going to be the one thing that probably derails his attempt at extending his career. Gus should think about moving him to safety.

A

Anonymous

KCHawkGirl":1c52blr8 said:
And the remaking of Jacksonville into Seattle East begins.

Exactly. Just like the Lions are Seattle North!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Trufant is really underappreciated on here, IMO. Great player, teammate, and part of the Seattle community. Hope he does well in Jacksonville. Would be nice to see him retire as a Seahawk on a 1-Day contract.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Trufant is not underappreciated on here - historically. Any decent Seahawks fan knows how good he has been for us, and how professional he has been. What people have noticed is how he has slowed down a bit the last few seasons, mostly just getting older.

I love Tru...one of my all time favorite Hawks. But he's not the same player anymore, clearly. It happens to the best of em.

A

Anonymous

HawkFan72":3vucq5kf said:
Trufant is really underappreciated on here, IMO. Great player, teammate, and part of the Seattle community. Hope he does well in Jacksonville. Would be nice to see him retire as a Seahawk on a 1-Day contract.

A agree wholeheartedly. Great story, stayed in WA his whole career.

On being not appreciated, not so much agreement. I have heard folks say stuff, but I bet even Russell made somebody mad at one time. Wait...

Osprey

Reaction score
McGruff":3tdlbly9 said:
The best part of this is that chances are very good all three Trufant brothers will get to play in the same season. Has that ever happened?

I think the Harmon brothers (Ronnie, Kevin, Derrick) came close, but pretty sure Derrick was out of the league a year before Kevin came to the Hawks.

Largent80

Reaction score
Bye Marcus, thanks for the memories. One I remember was him flying down the sideline with an INT for a TD in the Wash. playoff game 2007.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":19flx0m7 said:
I'm happy he gets to keep his career going. Obviously, there just wasn't a spot left for him here, but he isn't that old (32). Jacksonville is a good place for him to go. He can mentor the young secondary that Gus is developing.
:13: somehow though, I doubt he will make their 53 man roster,...losing a step or two, plus back issues,...he has to rely on veteran smarts to play now,...I kind of wish he would have just retired,...anyway, good luck to you Marcus.

vedthree

Reaction score
Largent80":1rxv7xnz said:
Bye Marcus, thanks for the memories. One I remember was him flying down the sideline with an INT for a TD in the Wash. playoff game 2007.

Before the back injury, there was a good stretch of 3-4 years where you could make the case Trufant was the most dangerous guy on the whole team with the ball in his hands. Think he only wound up with 2-3 TD's in his career, but any INT he got where there was some space to work with, he always came within a few hairs of breaking it - very Golden Tate-ish. I've always thought that if Holmgren had taken some chances and used him on PR or some trick O plays, he could've really been electric.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Now what do I do with my framed/autographed Trufant jersey? Or my autographed mini-helmet? Or my autographed Trufant clock?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
vedthree":22zms8nc said:
..........Nothing but best wishes to him. Tru has been a rock on & off the field for this franchise, community & entire frickin' state for almost 2 decades.
Couldn't have said it better. It's been a pleasure watching you all these years Tru (WSU and the Hawks). Hope all goes well in Jax.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Gonna miss me some Tru! As others have mentioned moving him off the corner was his downfall.

Who else we going to lose?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
kidhawk":vjp7z5a0 said:
Always liked Trufant. I think he was undervalued by many of the fans the past season. I wish him nothing but the best in Jacksonville

I'll admit, I didn't like him ever really. Although he wasn't a Ruskell pick.......he reminds me of the Ruskell era. Just my opinion, please don't get your panties in a bunch. I want to forget that time.

He was great in the community, but thought he never lived up to expectations on the field.