New poster - 49ers Fan

Laloosh

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":10ufrbhw said:
Beeker49":10ufrbhw said:
Thanks for the welcomes - I've been reading .Net for a while now, and I have a fair idea of who will be civil, and who (may) be a total douche. Hope that word doesn't get me banned.

Also - Hawker, I told ya I'd be fine brah. Thick skin.

The word "Douche" is actually setup to auto fill on this board whenever the word Harbaugh is typed. Depending on the thread, it can be Hardouche, Douchebaugh, or Massenbaugh if typed in the right order.

You mean there isn't an iOS app for this yet?!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Welcome. I enjoy perspective from other intelligent NFL fans, regardless of teams. Well except Pittsburgh and Dallas, because you just have to be a turd to follow those teams.

As for the "beaten to death topic" one that's never brought up is when the Niners swept us in '07...but we still won the division. The Niners were still stuck in their seasons of suck, but you could hear them for two years talking about how they swept us in 07. So it's really both teams' fan bases just looking to hang their hat on something.

I think the Hawks/Niners games are going to be a bloodbath worth watching. It should be a NFL holiday or something. In a few years, people won't be talking about Ravens/Stealers anymore.

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
[/quote]This - in response to the 5 rings comments. I won't say 5 rings, you don't hit me with 42-13 .... :thfight7:[/quote]

That is like saying I won't watch the history channel if you won't watch the news.[/quote]
I like that analogy - except I'd rather watch History Channel than news.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
Hawks46":oy338jvo said:
Welcome. I enjoy perspective from other intelligent NFL fans, regardless of teams. Well except Pittsburgh and Dallas, because you just have to be a turd to follow those teams.

As for the "beaten to death topic" one that's never brought up is when the Niners swept us in '07...but we still won the division. The Niners were still stuck in their seasons of suck, but you could hear them for two years talking about how they swept us in 07. So it's really both teams' fan bases just looking to hang their hat on something.

I think the Hawks/Niners games are going to be a bloodbath worth watching. It should be a NFL holiday or something. In a few years, people won't be talking about Ravens/Stealers anymore.

hahaha. Most of those fans have never even been to Penn or TX. Band-wagoners from the 70s and 80.

Yeah 49ers v. SEA is the new marquee match up in the NFL. We should be proud. We were considered the NFC worst for a decade. :-(

chris98251

Reaction score
hahaha. Most of those fans have never even been to Penn or TX. Band-wagoners from the 70s and 80.

Yeah 49ers v. SEA is the new marquee match up in the NFL. We should be proud. We were considered the NFC worst for a decade. :-(

Only on the West coast, population base and history still carry ratings, speaking of bandwagon fans from the 80's........ :)

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
chris98251":rmq67old said:

Only on the West coast, population base and history still carry ratings, speaking of bandwagon fans from the 80's........ :)
Ouch :229031_faint:

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ndfu353 said:
The Niners were still stuck in their seasons of suck, but you could hear them for two years talking about how they swept us in 07.

'06.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1f8tsj1a said:
I am personally scared of the Rams too. I am sure that smart niner fans are as well. They are going to be a pain in the rear this upcoming season for sure. Welcome to Net Beeker and like mentioned before, lay off the stone age rings chant and you should be fine here. If you want to talk smack, we have the shack for that. :)

How can you be scared of the Rams? Yes, they are a NFL team and all teams should be a concern. But they are just not that good. With Ameondola gone they have almost no playmakers.

Bradford has yet to show he's a winning NFL QB. I worry about them the same way I worry about the Jets.

OP
OP
Beeker49

Beeker49

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3pm2vw5t said:
Seahwkgal":3pm2vw5t said:
I am personally scared of the Rams too. I am sure that smart niner fans are as well. They are going to be a pain in the rear this upcoming season for sure. Welcome to Net Beeker and like mentioned before, lay off the stone age rings chant and you should be fine here. If you want to talk smack, we have the shack for that. :)

How can you be scared of the Rams? Yes, they are a NFL team and all teams should be a concern. But they are just not that good. With Ameondola gone they have almost no playmakers.

Bradford has yet to show he's a winning NFL QB. I worry about them the same way I worry about the Jets.
And no Steven Jackson. I was never sold on Bradford - OU doesn't have a great history of winning NFL QB's.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
chris98251":8zhdwqo6 said:

haha.

Well I can assure you i grew up in the bay area loving the niners and was a fan since i was 6.

Can't speak for the other fans we have accumulated recently. :?:

Young2Rice

Reaction score
SonicHawk":i1d5iab7 said:
Seahwkgal":i1d5iab7 said:

They have a good D. They gave you guys fits as well. Also, they have a lot of drafts picks in the next few years from that Washington trade.

That combined with Fisher as coach, they are those pesky divisional opponents with less talent that bite you in the rear if you don't watch out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Lambies have a ways to go, the Cards actually have less if they can keep the defense playing good. Palmer could have it easy if he gets protection, but lets be honest, he was never known for mobility.

A guy like Fitz can cover up a lot of deficiencies just playing catch with the QB. We have seen it before, but we still don't know how Palmer is going to look with a Cards jersey on.

Bradford can get the job done, but it only took 10 games from CK and 16 from RW to make him the 3rd best QB in the division and Palmer has the potential to equal or even dare I say pass him.

When the Rams finally use those picks, put some players on the field and actually string together a winning season, I will believe that they are there. It is going to take more than coaching to fix the Rams.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Young2Rice":3n4k0u0o said:
They have a good D. They gave you guys fits as well. Also, they have a lot of drafts picks in the next few years from that Washington trade.

That combined with Fisher as coach, they are those pesky divisional opponents with less talent that bite you in the rear if you don't watch out.

They have an aggressive D, they sent the house at Wilson and it worked for a while, but once he found the chink in the armor, it was business as usual.

I think any division opponent can be pesky. Regardless of talent, those games more often than not are tightly wound and fought very tough. The home game against the Cards was the first "easy" win the Hawks had against any division opponent in years. Heck, the Cards knocked off the Niners in 2011. Low scoring events can make for a very tight game. Maybe it is the other way around.

The Radish

Reaction score
As far as St. Louis is concerned I think fans of both Ninnirs and Seahawks better talk about 4 games last season.

Us versus St. Louis 1-1 and the win was a struggle.

Ninnirs tie and a loss and both those games were struggles.

I find it hard to say any Jeff Fisher team is "just not that good". He had his problems in later years in Tennessee but that was mostly because the front office started getting their "thoughts" into player acquisitions.

And I guess I'm one of those guys that worry against any team. Especially the ones our members start calling easy.

:les:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The rams are a steady team but they are not an explosive team, their biggest playmaker is probably Jenkins. If you can play them like we did last game of the season last year you can beat them by not making any mistakes. But if you turn the ball over and give Jenkins a shot to make you pay they will beat you.

I'm not 'scared' of any team. Not after a season where our worst loss was by 7 points.

When was the last time we had a season where we were in every single game till the very end?

60niners

Reaction score
Welcome. They're generally tolerable of 49er fans, as long as you don't have a differing opinion lol.

:th2thumbs:

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I like my 9er fans like I like my women. Silent and in the kitchen, making me a sandwich.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2dmmqgra said:
I like my 9er fans like I like my women. Silent and in the kitchen, making me a sandwich.

Do veggie sandwiches count as real sandwiches? Kidding of course. Welcome 49er fans, wonder how long you'll make it before the ban hammer drops.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Radish is right about the Rams. They're just like we were. Brutal defense that's on par with our own, but actually has a great pass rush. Offense that has struggled. Being that the Niners and Seahawks are built on defense with an adequate offense, the Rams are a special threat to both teams style of play as games against them become knock down, drag out, low scoring affairs. The scores reflect this: Average score vs Seattle and San Fran: 18-17.5. They were 2-1-1 vs the Niners and Hawks.

This offseason they improved their o-line, Bradford showed some improvement with his footwork last season, they added Jared Cook, which is a small upgrade to a weak WR corps, but still an upgrade. They lost Jackson, but he's aging and they have their 2nd rounder to replace him with. All in all, the offense only slightly improved, but slight improvement on a team that went 2-1-1 against the two best teams in the NFC is enough to make them a team to respect in our division.

Then there's Arizona, which has a great defense of their own. That team gave up last year because they probably had the worst QB's in NFL history. Or at least bottom 5. Now they have Palmer. That's an upgrade. Not just an upgrade, that's like saying they added a QB to their 10 man offense. They're going to be a team to watch out for too.

This whole division top to bottom is going to be a beast.