Vote fro Marshawn Lynch for greatest play of all time

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sturm":vytnwa2n said:
In all likelihood, it's one guy with a macro.

This contest should only be accepting unique IPs to prevent crap like this from happening.
Absolutely agree.

cacksman":vytnwa2n said:
Don't vote for him! What about the greatest play of all time curse?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Maelstrom787":vytnwa2n said:
I voted against Marshawn Lynch because of the curse!!!@!@!#
Get over yourselves, and don't contaminate this thread with juvenile crap from another thread (stuff that belongs in the shack or PWR forum anyhow).

Angryhawk zpsea101e09

If you have anything to add relevant to this topic, please feel free.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
60niners":ykkmt74f said:
This vote is a joke. The fact that the Immaculate reception got beat out by A TACKLE is absurd.

It also goes to show the age of most of the voters... It's looking like Jackson's punt return will win it all. To say that that is the greatest play in NFL history is beyond laughable.
I'm into my second half-century, and I voted for the tackle over the francorusskie. The tackle was a tremendous play by a tremendous athlete, who accomplished something amazing all on his own. The francorusskie was merely the confluence of unlikely events that arguably should never have been called the way it did.

From your perspective, how would it look if Seahawk fans were trying to argue that the game winning hail-mary in last year's Packers game should be in contention for the greatest play of all time? It was a great play, after all.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
In all seriousness:

What the hell? That Steve Young play sucks. The dumbass tripped into the endzone!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3ddeuau5 said:
In all seriousness:

What the hell? That Steve Young play sucks. The dumbass tripped into the endzone!
I noticed that too. It looked almost BuffaloWildWings tripping-on-a-sprinkler comical.

The Outfield

Reaction score
MrCarey":sih90gi6 said:
Just dumb. I don't understand how it gets this out of hand, but the Madden cover vote is having no problems.

The Madden cover vote doesn't show the vote counts, so 1) It is much harder to get a hack to work when you don't know if it's working or not and 2) If that vote is being hacked, we can't see it happening.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Then NFL screwed up when they made the vote a simple click. That's it, one motion, refresh and go. There are even options to "deselect" which is likely what happened there. It was a very small request, making the traffic relatively minimal, especially if a script was used. With that type of job, it doesn't have to wait for a page to load or present an option because the script doesn't have to deal with the other action on the site.

Once the bot ran up the count to an unreachable number, they killed so it appeared to be running normal at the end. The mathematics should have been enough to flag it as a hack, but the guys at NFL won't let a little thing like integrity spoil their big game.

The madden vote is a little more complex. But it is still hackable and the bot will log whether or not the transaction took place, so they don't need a results page to see progress.

I promise you this, it was more than one machine doing that work on the Steve Young run. I am thinking probably 5. It was jumping at literally 1000 a second at one point and I never saw it drop less than 300 a second.

Think about that, 300 a second? COME ON!!!!!!

Axx

Reaction score
Looks like we lost buy a 5:1 Margin. Didnt think it would be so one sided.

No Doubt we would have beat out the other two plays in the other bracket.

Also as far as the Madden Cover goes I dont think Russell can beat out Adrian Peterson.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Axx":5sqjmu79 said:

Also as far as the Madden Cover goes I dont think Russell can beat out Adrian Peterson.

We didn't lose anything, but I think Marshawn Lynch got the shaft by a couple processor cores. The whole thing loses its legitimacy when they allow multiple votes.

Why do they do that? Because it makes their numbers look big at NFL.com. The morning it started, Lynch was spanking Young by a 5:1 margin, literally. Then in the matter of an hour it got ridiculous.

Axx

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":fgffyriy said:
Axx":fgffyriy said:

We didn't lose anything, but I think Marshawn Lynch got the shaft by a couple processor cores. The whole thing loses its legitimacy when they allow multiple votes.

Why do they do that? Because it makes their numbers look big at NFL.com. The morning it started, Lynch was spanking Young by a 5:1 margin, literally. Then in the matter of an hour it got ridiculous.

We shall see, Unbelievably DeSean's PR has a slight edge over Young's run. I guess the philly fanboys want to win something this year since they didnt really win any games.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
SF may have Google and FB, but we got Microsoft. Somebody call some of your Egghead buddies up and tell them to get cracking on a macro voting for Lynch ASAP. Take this thing back over lol.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Steve Young advanced to the final round. This is bull.

EVERYONE vote for DeSean Jackson please!! Don't let those cheaters win this.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
People know this is a sham- Some comments from that page:

Scott Knisley · definatley should've been beast mode...

Brandon Breuer- Beast mode should have been in this instead of Steve Young.

Preston Gallegos-Wheres all the votes for youngs run now....Weird?

Alexander Michael Storc · PrimeTimes Punt return was better than Jacksons, and Beast Mode Skittles should have been in way over Young run which is not even close to the best I've seen from a QB, NFL.com should have known some foul auto software voting would be afoot, because no true NFL fan could have these as honestly the top 2 plays all time...ridiculous.

Mike Allen · The Steve Young nomination is a freaking joke.

Alan Enz · This whole thing has been a joke. DeSean's play meant nothing. The greatest play in NFL history should be something meaningful, not just a cool play to watch. Besides that, DeSean's play isn't even the most entertaining play I've ever seen.

William Fleshman · Even though the Eagles made playoffs because of it, learn the facts. What did Steve Young's run mean? Nothing. It was a regular season game around the beggining of the season.

Carlos Parra- Beast mode

Cameron McHarg · Are you serious? The famous Lynch "Beast Mode" run literally caused a small earthquake (no joke), and was so clearly the most incredible run in NFL playoff history that it's quite literally absurd that it's not the winner. It's almost to the point of being disgusting that it isn't in the finals.

Cameron McHarg · Autobot voting at the last minute racked up something like six-figure voting numbers for the Young play, and passed up all the honest voting nationwide for Lynch's epic and devastating Beast Mode run (who had the lead by a mile until dishonest software was employed in creepy fashion) Gross. We've all been duped into wasting our time here.

Marcus Croskey · There is no way Steve Young's run should have beat Beastmode. This is just ridiculous.

Mike Kogel · No way DeSean Jackson run beats Franco Harris, Let alone Marshwn Lynch Or Steve Young...This was a Joke.....He just picked uped his fumble with no pressure...and ran up the middle with no pressure...come on...That Isn't Great.....

Jack Pleiades Chevanty · BEAST MODE of the top 4. There were so many better plays than this. It's mindblowing that Desean Jackson is leadig this thing right now.

This one takes the cake IMO

Mark Hoben · Lame. Marshawn Lynch THREW a defender to the ground en route to a 67-yard TD, broke who knows how many tackles, caused a SEISMIC event, and leaps into the endzone holding his junk - in a PLAYOFF game. Props to both Steve Young and DeSean Jackson but neither of these plays is remotely as awesome as beast mode.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Bahahaha, DeSean Jackson is winning! Good! Take that, Niner cheaters!

chawx

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3qkfdgv4 said:
Then NFL screwed up when they made the vote a simple click. That's it, one motion, refresh and go. There are even options to "deselect" which is likely what happened there. It was a very small request, making the traffic relatively minimal, especially if a script was used. With that type of job, it doesn't have to wait for a page to load or present an option because the script doesn't have to deal with the other action on the site.

Once the bot ran up the count to an unreachable number, they killed so it appeared to be running normal at the end. The mathematics should have been enough to flag it as a hack, but the guys at NFL won't let a little thing like integrity spoil their big game.

The madden vote is a little more complex. But it is still hackable and the bot will log whether or not the transaction took place, so they don't need a results page to see progress.

I promise you this, it was more than one machine doing that work on the Steve Young run. I am thinking probably 5. It was jumping at literally 1000 a second at one point and I never saw it drop less than 300 a second.

Think about that, 300 a second? COME ON!!!!!!

LOL, I was just on the page refreshing over and over...Steve Young's play voting didn't move once, but the DJackson play was moving at about 400-500 per refresh.

Complete garbage...

chawx

Reaction score
Sorry, I know we're probably done with this—but this time I decided to record my screen and capture how messed up this voting system is.

[youtube]5CPJZFII5dY[/youtube]

I put in the subject that this was happening on Marshawn's run vs Young's play as well...hopefully, if it gets enough views, NFL.com will have to either start over and fix it's voting system—or, at least recognize that their system is a joke and shouldn't be considered fair or a true representation of the fans.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I hope Jackson wins just because it would be hilarious to see a punt return that everyone knows is not the greatest play ever actually win.

chawx

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1p6kc44z said:
I hope Jackson wins just because it would be hilarious to see a punt return that everyone knows is not the greatest play ever actually win.

LOL, it probably will win... it looks like Philly has better 'vote hackers' than SF does.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Well SF started 'hacking' the vote before anyone else did, so they started this mess and also kicked out beastquake. Thus, I hope they lose at all costs.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Even when they're frontrunners in the NFC, the Seahawks still find a way to get screwed.

60niners

Reaction score
The Jackson punt return probably isn't even the greatest play in Eagles history let alone in NFL history.... this thing is such a farce it's ridiculous. The mere fact that his punt return even made it to the final rounds is absurd.