Vote fro Marshawn Lynch for greatest play of all time

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

ParisPC07

Reaction score
60niners":3te75027 said:
Well it's going to sound homerish, you could argue that Garrison Hearst's 96 yard TD run was just as beasty...

You can't argue anything, he went straight up the sideline and put down two little baby stiff arms. Lynch broke more tackles than that by the time he crossed the LoS.

Edit to avoid consecutive posts:

Yeah something is still up. I checked twice in the same minute and Steve Young's run received roughly 600,000 votes in around 15 seconds.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Haha. Both votes are just bot voting. We just need a better bot than the one voting for the Steve Young run.

Programmers unite!!

Sturm

Reaction score
We should all write in to the idiots over there at NFL.com and let them know about the Niners cheating.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This voting process is obviously not legit. There are over 9 million votes for Steve Young, yet in the other bracket they aren't even at 500,000 total votes?

60niners

Reaction score
ParisPC07":3afndcm2 said:
60niners":3afndcm2 said:
Well it's going to sound homerish, you could argue that Garrison Hearst's 96 yard TD run was just as beasty...

You can't argue anything, he went straight up the sideline and put down two little baby stiff arms. Lynch broke more tackles than that by the time he crossed the LoS.

Yeah something is still up. I checked twice in the same minute and Steve Young's run received roughly 600,000 votes in around 15 seconds.
Well obviously can't argue with a Seahawks fan about a Seahawk play on a Seahawk messageboard... But yes, it can be argued. Lynch had blocking as well, and his run was 30 yards shorter.

And you can't trivialize one stiff arm and praise another. Hearst took that defender straight to the ground.

ParisPC07

Reaction score
60niners":30nl8e63 said:
Well obviously can't argue with a Seahawks fan about a Seahawk play on a Seahawk messageboard... But yes, it can be argued. Lynch had blocking as well, and his run was 30 yards shorter.

And you can't trivialize one stiff arm and praise another. Hearst took that defender straight to the ground.

The lil baby stiff arm wasn't to trivialize the stiff arm, it was an inside joke of sorts for folks who have seen the Beast on NFL films. Still, if Hearst's return is as good as Lynch's run, we have to consider a ton of kick returns. It's an exciting play but I didn't see much in Hearst's return that I don't see in a Washington or Hester highlight reel.

cacksman

Reaction score
Don't vote for him! What about the greatest play of all time curse?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

gspin2k1

Reaction score
10 mill vs 1.8 mill (Lynch) not looking good. Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong.

Subzero717

Reaction score
gspin2k1":2xoof3qa said:
10 mill vs 1.8 mill (Lynch) not looking good. Unless I'm reading the numbers wrong.

I thought the same when I saw. Looking at the other numbers, its crazy how many niner fans have nothing better to do. I know a lot of old school ninet fans that think Young sucks and is waaaasy over rated.

The Outfield

Reaction score
It would be nice if they fixed the loophole that allowed the hacking and then restarted the round of voting. But I'm not holding my breath.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Just dumb. I don't understand how it gets this out of hand, but the Madden cover vote is having no problems.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
It's interesting how dismissive voters are towards big plays in the past, in bigger games. Not a lot of reverence for anything that happened more than 5 years ago, save for Steve Young, who may be helped by his MNF visibility.

Sturm

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":22gchzj5 said:
gspin2k1":22gchzj5 said:

I thought the same when I saw. Looking at the other numbers, its crazy how many niner fans have nothing better to do. I know a lot of old school ninet fans that think Young sucks and is waaaasy over rated.

In all likelihood, it's one guy with a macro.

This contest should only be accepting unique IPs to prevent crap like this from happening.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I voted against Marshawn Lynch because of the curse!!!@!@!#

oh goodness! :C

EDIT: Damn! Beat me to it.

cacksman":nxjh4uxj said:
Don't vote for him! What about the greatest play of all time curse?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Sturm":1lzv266m said:
CALIHAWK1":1lzv266m said:
gspin2k1":1lzv266m said:

In all likelihood, it's one guy with a macro.

This contest should only be accepting unique IPs to prevent crap like this from happening.

Seriously. Put it this way the other side of the bracket has a combined total vote of about 1/2 million votes. Yet somehow it's 10M vs 1.8M on this side of the bracket? Put it this way, even if the ENTIRE SF Bay Area made one click they would still only get 7M votes

60niners

Reaction score
ParisPC07":145rdurm said:
60niners":145rdurm said:

The lil baby stiff arm wasn't to trivialize the stiff arm, it was an inside joke of sorts for folks who have seen the Beast on NFL films. Still, if Hearst's return is as good as Lynch's run, we have to consider a ton of kick returns. It's an exciting play but I didn't see much in Hearst's return that I don't see in a Washington or Hester highlight reel.
Oh ok, I didn't understand the reference.

But again, it wasn't a return. it was a hand-off from the 4 yard line. First play in overtime.

For the record I don't think that Hearst's run is better than Lynch's... I just think it's comparable.

Basis4day

Reaction score
60niners":2c63vhxy said:
ParisPC07":2c63vhxy said:
60niners":2c63vhxy said:

Did Heast measure on the Richter scale?